[WIP][ROM] CyanogenMod 9 for LG Optimus S (Yes, it's ICS!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
CyanogenMod 9
Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich for LG Optimus S

[INFO]ICS on Optimus S? Really?!
Yes, really. This is a direct port of the CM9 Beta ROM by lupohirp at XDA-Developers. Credit for getting CM9/ICS up and running on the Optimus One goes to lupohirp, and the original thread can be found here.[/INFO]
[INFO]What's working:
1) Phone calls (incoming & outgoing)
2) Wi-Fi
3) Bluetooth
4) Sound
5) Touchscreen (including Multitouch!)
6) Accelerometer sensor
7) Proximity sensor (screen off during call)
8) USB Mass storage

What might be working (untested):
1) The rest of the sensors
2) Bluetooth devices (read more info below)
3) HW Acceleration

What's NOT working:
1) Data
2) Text Messaging (including MMS)
3) Live Wallpapers
4) Camera
5) Offline charging
6) Other stuff I forgot...

What's acting strangely:
1) Launcher wallpapers
2) Buttons on the phone (see more info below)
[/INFO]
[INFO]More info on Bluetooth:
The Bluetooth chip is working and gets activated properly. I was able to successfully pair with a Bluetooth headset, however pressing a button on the headset caused an FC. This needs more testing.[/INFO]
[INFO]More info on the buttons:
All of the physical buttons work as expected, EXCEPT the Home and (side) Search buttons. The Home button acts like the Up button on a keyboard. This is probably a simple fix but I haven't been able to track it down yet. The side Search button isn't high priority but it does nothing.[/INFO]
[INFO]Screenshots:
ICS_homescreen.png
ICS_appdrawer.png
ICS_wifi.png
ICS_bluetooth_paired.png
ICS_usb_storage.png
[/INFO]
[INFO]Download:
By clicking the link below, you agree that this ROM is a work-in-progress. As such, many things will be broken or behave strangely. You also agree that this ROM is only to be flashed on devices using the LS670ZVH baseband. In order to flash this ROM, you will need to turn signature verification off in recovery mode.

CM9 Optimus S Alpha 0[/INFO]
[INFO]Credits:
CyanogenMod Team
lupohirp for hacking CM9 like a boss
The almighty Dooderbutt[/INFO]

Last edited:

formula355

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Excuse my ignorance, but I didn't see it listed anywhere. Is this for VD or VH? I want to try it out but I kind of need my text messaging. Maybe I'll wait and see if someone tests it on a spare phone.

This is awesome, btw! I've played with some ICS themes and the ICS Launcher and I'm loving it. So this will be awesome!

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Excuse my ignorance, but I didn't see it listed anywhere. Is this for VD or VH? I want to try it out but I kind of need my text messaging. Maybe I'll wait and see if someone tests it on a spare phone.

This is awesome, btw! I've played with some ICS themes and the ICS Launcher and I'm loving it. So this will be awesome!

It's for ZVH, and likely will never work on ZVD. If you're expecting a daily driver, move along because this is NOT a daily driver.

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Cool. Great work.

Probably will need to change
android.hardware.telephony.gsm
to
android.hardware.telephony.cdma

And fix the sprint apn in apns-conf.xml. CM still uses the broken sprint one.
Mms overlays and Framework overlays for sprint should fix the sms/mms.

Edit. Depending if apktool can decomplie ICS frameworks, it gave errors last time i tried.

formula355

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
It's for ZVH, and likely will never work on ZVD. If you're expecting a daily driver, move along because this is NOT a daily driver.
Thank you sir. I didn't figure this would be considered a daily right now. I'm on Hydro at the moment so I'll stick with that for now.

What are the possiblities of this becoming a daily driver ROM in the future?

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Thank you sir. I didn't figure this would be considered a daily right now. I'm on Hydro at the moment so I'll stick with that for now.

What are the possiblities of this becoming a daily driver ROM in the future?

At this point? Slim to none.

And thekraven: good call on the APN config, I'd forgotten that the CM tree contains non-working Sprint APN configs.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
GingerKernel is included and works, no need to change kernels (what kernel would you even change to??).

SMS/MMS is not working, and I won't give any ETAs as to when it will work. Please don't clutter this thread with feature requests and things like "when will this work?!?!?"

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
How exciting !! I will definitally be trying this soon.

Edit: Can it be assumed that google voice will work for texts when wifi is activated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance