[RECOVERY] Cannibal Open Touch v1.2 (latest update: 06/24/2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thraeryn

DEVASTATOR
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Had to flash twice to get a good install, but I think that's a personal foible of my phone. After that second flash, it worked a charm. Love the red look.

Can I humbly request a front-menu option to wipe /sd-ext? It would save me some clicks/pokes when I do a fresh install.

Sent from my LS-670 using Android Central Forums

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Will this work on optimus V's ?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Possibly but I won't provide support if you have issues.

Had to flash twice to get a good install, but I think that's a personal foible of my phone. After that second flash, it worked a charm. Love the red look.

Can I humbly request a front-menu option to wipe /sd-ext? It would save me some clicks/pokes when I do a fresh install.

Sent from my LS-670 using Android Central Forums

I don't see why not :)

Reactions: Thraeryn

sblood86

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Love the bg changer... To think that original commit was just a PoC.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Android Central Forums

sblood86

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: [RECOVERY] Cannibal Open Touch v1.0 (It's....ALIVE!)

I'm getting errors whenever to open a folder to flash a zip: Couldn't open directory
No files found.

I've ejected the sdcard and checked it via computer and the files are there, yet the phone doesn't find them. Problem did not exist on v1.0. Was about to flash a14. Wiped Cache, Dalvik, boot, system (everything but data).

Edit: found a temp workaround by moving files to root of sdcard via computer. I'm just glad the opti uses an external sdcard, rather than internal sdcard (can't eject if phone stops working). All good now. Flashed ROM and back in business.

That is very strange, especially so because I can't reproduce it. The even weirder part is NO CODE was changed between 1.0 and 1.0.1.

Hey Drew... This is the same issue I've been having in the most recent (unreleased) version of the Kindle Recovery (github issue) as well, still working on what's actually causing it....

Edit: I'm hoping to have this fixed sometime before the end of the week, I've narrowed down when I broke it but not exactly where, bit of a failure on my part lol...

Last edited:

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

Thanks Drew, downloading now. Can't wait to use it. The Recovery was the only thing not matching my red UI theme and now I can have a Touch Recovery and a matching UI ^_^

You like the color red, you say? Well how about a sneak peek of things to come (notice the touch UI controls):

BloodRedThemeAlpha.png

Reactions: ShadowEO

vernotzy21

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Hey drew just had a idea, is it doable/possable to build a tiny OS .Img file you flash to the recovery
say doshell/mc style file system (Wich this has) Im assuming the recovery .img use the kernel From android? Or its own tiny kernel?? . Boot the tiny os from the recovery then use a form of script Ala 2sd but from "recovery-data-sdcard" effectively readdressing the partitions of the phone allowing use of them all. The use of the screen_grab (or whatever that command was we talked about a few days ago) maybe run Linux apps with full screen? but like old school from the command line/shell, sound driver,wifi driver, keyboard/mouse interface. (Maybe take a page from hackerskeyboard(only see thru) and dosbox)?????????

Edit: this ^ is what happens to a nerd without a laptop/computer they steal their moms toaster and hack the piss out of it until it installs something and boots:D:D

Last edited:

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

Hey drew just had a idea, is it doable/possable to build a tiny OS .Img file you flash to the recovery
say doshell/mc style file system (Wich this has) Im assuming the recovery .img use the kernel From android? Or its own tiny kernel?? . Boot the tiny os from the recovery then use a form of script Ala 2sd but from "recovery-data-sdcard" effectively readdressing the partitions of the phone allowing use of them all. The use of the screen_grab (or whatever that command was we talked about a few days ago) maybe run Linux apps with full screen? but like old school from the command line/shell, sound driver,wifi driver, keyboard/mouse interface. (Maybe take a page from hackerskeyboard(only see thru) and dosbox)?????????

Uhh, no.

If you want to run REAL Linux apps/programs, use a REAL Linux box. Running Linux programs in Android recovery? Not likely.

Theoretically, it should be possible to use the sound driver in recovery (recovery-based music player?) but that's not something even remotely on the drawing board right now.

Last edited:

vernotzy21

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
True and I agree but could it still be done? I mean the most basic os and yes a custom ui just for s and giggles. I mean it would totally be a novelty item

vernotzy21

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
What would something like that take to build from the ground up?

Theoretically said:
That sounds good What are the cannibals video capabilitys? I'd bet $10 to $1 you got wifi figured out :p

Last edited:

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

True and I agree but could it still be done? I mean the most basic os and yes a custom ui just for s and giggles. I mean it would totally be a novelty item
What would something like that take to build from the ground up?

That sounds good What are the cannibals video capabilitys? I'd bet $10 to $1 you got wifi figured out :p

There are a million many better things I could do with my time than to turn ClockworkMod Recovery into a fully-functional OS. There's barely enough room for the recovery image as it is!

sblood86

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site

There are a million many better things I could do with my time than to turn ClockworkMod Recovery into a fully-functional OS. There's barely enough room for the recovery image as it is! The end.

To expand on that; I sure won't help you do it if you decide to try :p

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Not even so much as games but web, video,music,nethack

So you want me to build a recovery-based web browser and media player?

That'll be $500,000 and a crack team of developers, please.

Seriously though, you're barking up the way wrong tree. Better stop before something flies out and bites you in the face.

vernotzy21

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking of old school stuff. Like arachne,lynx some old school doslike mediaplayer
....I know your doing lots
How big is the recovery partition? And is it negotiable?

I know a oldschool lynx text based browser is very small.... idk I got a ton crazy ideas what I need to to is become a good a programmer as you then go nuts with it

Ahhhh shucks! Lets face it I just want to turn anything and everything. Into a operating system......is that so wrong?
I was a fan of opengem and arachne early boot disk/media tech.....now here I am like a moth to the flame and this recovery just screams BOOT ME!.....so I did and love it!

Sorry to pester just got high energy curiosity

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool