[RECOVERY] Cannibal Open Touch v1.2 (latest update: 06/24/2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Re: [RECOVERY] Cannibal Open Touch v1.0.6 (GooManager support!)

Drew, trying to flash tdm's new LS670 build in Cannibal 1.06

Here is what I get:

LS670-cm9-beta1pre1.zip
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Installing update...
assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "thunderc" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "thunderc" ||
assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "LS670" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "LS670" ||
E:Error in /sdcard/quattrimus-LS670-cm9-beta1pre1.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

tdm is asking me - "What are the values of these props in your recovery?"

All I see is what I typed above, any suggestions?

Cannibal Open Touch is built against pure IHO source, here's the prop values:

ro.product.device: thunderc_LS670
ro.build.product: thunderc_LS670

I failed to modify them for this build but honestly any recovery built against pure IHO will have the same issue. I'm tired of manually fixing it for every build. The assert commands are next to useless anyway.

Reactions: Pkt_Lnt

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

I failed to modify them for this build but honestly any recovery built against pure IHO will have the same issue. I'm tired of manually fixing it for every build. The assert commands are next to useless anyway.

I will pass this on, thank you.

LG-LS670 w thekraven ICS linaro alpha 14 + 6/11 patch & Tapatalk 2

sblood86

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site

I will pass this on, thank you.

Yeh, I've yet to open a pull request on Blarf's end but it amazes me noones noticed.

Seditec

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I did notice most of my problems were fixxed when I flashed xionia and then re-added cannibal using adb but there is an issue I was having my opti s shows up as a opti v when I mounted USB in recovery mode anyone else have this problem.

Sent from my LS670

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I did notice most of my problems were fixxed when I flashed xionia and then re-added cannibal using adb but there is an issue I was having my opti s shows up as a opti v when I mounted USB in recovery mode anyone else have this problem.

Sent from my LS670

I don't see where that is an "issue" or a "problem" just a name. Unless it causes real problems I don't consider it a bug worth fixing.

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeh, I've yet to open a pull request on Blarf's end but it amazes me noones noticed.

Here is tdm reply:
We do communicate, but not probably not as much as we should... too busy doing cool stuff, I guess. ;)

As for removing asserts, well, it's a bad idea and I won't do it. But I will add the IHO string to my assert list. :D

vernotzy21

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
[INFO]Feature Update:
Cannibal Open Touch v1.0.6 has been released! I've added a new feature: OpenRecoveryScript support. Now you may download and flash ROMs using GooManager! Feature seems to be horribly broken. DO NOT USE GOOMANAGER YET![/INFO]

Man I used goomanager totally bricked my phone!!.......naw just kidding! Man drew I step back a day or 2 what's next my Droid gonna start pouring me shots????:D:thumbup:

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Okay, here is an idea. On my nexS I have cwm 5.0.2. (something like that, not sure if it is official or a modded version and will look it up if you want). It simplifies the overall ui branches. So for instance when going to flash a rom, instead of having to scroll down 7 times to click yes, there is only no, yes, and back. I never understood the reason for all the excess positions. So I guess my suggestion is to trim down the necessary button/touch screen presses to accomplish a goal.

sblood86

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Okay, here is an idea. On my nexS I have cwm 5.0.2. (something like that, not sure if it is official or a modded version and will look it up if you want). It simplifies the overall ui branches. So for instance when going to flash a rom, instead of having to scroll down 7 times to click yes, there is only no, yes, and back. I never understood the reason for all the excess positions. So I guess my suggestion is to trim down the necessary button/touch screen presses to accomplish a goal.

That was modded if it worked straight off; otherwise it's a function in cwm if i recall there's a check to stat a file .oneconfirm or something like that. A search through the cwm source for the word confirm might find more (somewhere it's relatively defined).

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Android Central Forums

vernotzy21

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site

The format "as is" is for safety. It harder to accidentally scroll 7 times. And hit whoops vs 2 times especially with touch ui

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

tdm has a nice app going with RomKeeper. It will download an rdiff of a nightly build, patch a rom zip on your sdcard, reboot to recovery, install, and reboot, at least on the OV roms and recovery.

He is getting the bugs worked out on it now for all the quattrimus builds, including LS670, and the nightly now works fine on Cannibal thunderc recovery with a manual install, after i got the values from drew to tdm. tdm plans to release an update soon for RomKeeper to address some issues.

The goo.im integration in Cannibal will be nice, but RomKeeper has some real promise as well. It would be nice to have that kind of automation for thunderc.

At the least, a wakeup to find that your phone has borked itself with a nightly update while you slept would get enough adrenaline to enhance the caffeine. boing boing :D

sblood86

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
tdm has a nice app going with RomKeeper. It will download an rdiff of a nightly build, patch a rom zip on your sdcard, reboot to recovery, install, and reboot, at least on the OV roms and recovery.

He is getting the bugs worked out on it now for all the quattrimus builds, including LS670, and the nightly now works fine on Cannibal thunderc recovery with a manual install, after i got the values from drew to tdm. tdm plans to release an update soon for RomKeeper to address some issues.

The goo.im integration in Cannibal will be nice, but RomKeeper has some real promise as well. It would be nice to have that kind of automation for thunderc.

At the least, a wakeup to find that your phone has borked itself with a nightly update while you slept would get enough adrenaline to enhance the caffeine. boing boing :D

Sorting goo manager support means sorting open recovery scripting which should give a little more API control and subsequently make such applications easier to accomplish.

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

Pulled v1.0.6 now... just learned about the latest TWRP happenings and Goo Manager today. I must say that I really like the approach of letting the devs just upload their work to the Goo site... more like a repo where all can have their work and all devices with compatible recoveries can get support. Looking forward to future releases where it is more stable.

ShadowEO

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site

[INFO]Feature Update:
Cannibal Open Touch v1.0.6 has been released! I've added a new feature: OpenRecoveryScript support. Now you may download and flash ROMs using GooManager! Feature seems to be horribly broken. DO NOT USE GOOMANAGER YET![/INFO]

Feature is horribly broken. You can't use it even if you try to, I just tried flashing a tunderc rom with it (Yes, I know you said not to use it yet Drew, but it was calling.), it had the correct name but didn't follow through, here's a recovery.log for it.

I:Set boot command "boot-recovery"
I:Update location: /sdcard/Download/romupdate.zip
/sdcard/Download/romupdate.zipInfo = NULL
E:Can't mount /sdcard/Download/romupdate.zip
Installation aborted.
E:Error installing zip file '/sdcard/Download/romupdate.zip'

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

Feature is horribly broken. You can't use it even if you try to, I just tried flashing a tunderc rom with it (Yes, I know you said not to use it yet Drew, but it was calling.), it had the correct name but didn't follow through, here's a recovery.log for it.

Installation aborted.

Like I said, horribly broken. But no more! It seems my patches to provide Amend support partially were to blame. Thanks to sblood86, this has been fixed up and a new release is imminent!

sblood86

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site

Installation aborted.

Generally if we say something doesn't work their is a reason, quite frankly your lucky if you don't brick something going around like that.

Wait a little while than complain some more (anyone watching the source tree will get my meaning here).

Edit: apparently Drew beat me to the punch there.

Last edited:

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Re: [RECOVERY] Cannibal Open Touch v1.0.7 (GooManager support!)

[INFO]Bugfix Release:
Cannibal Open Touch v1.0.7 has been released! We've fixed OpenRecoveryScript support once and for all. Cannibal Open Touch is now fully compatible with GooManager![/INFO]

Reactions: Pkt_Lnt

harsho1

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site

Like I said, horribly broken. But no more! It seems my patches to provide Amend support partially were to blame. Thanks to sblood86, this has been fixed up and a new release is imminent!

Wow. I think I have flashed my recovery more times in the last week than I have in the last year...Talk about progress!! I love it!!!

Reactions: epidenimus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm