[RECOVERY] Cannibal Open Touch v1.2 (latest update: 06/24/2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: [RECOVERY] Cannibal Open Touch v1.2 (latest update: 06/24/201

Just flashed this via recovery over v1.0.8, and man this is one awesome recovery! Love the auto backup feature!

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

I keep getting [Status 0] errors, wish I knew why.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I really like this recovery also but I don't care for the auto backup..... Here's why.... I go into mounts & storage and format everything then wipe dalvik then flash a rom and it just made a backup of nothing

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

wormy987123

flashaholic
Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
if you read the prompts it ask if you want to back up its not making you, I dislike the feature because I always make a fresh backup when I flash a new rom

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk 2

Buddlespit

Wannabe kewl
Jan 27, 2011
Visit site

I keep getting [Status 0] errors, wish I knew why.

from ClockworkMod Recovery - RootzWiki :

STATUS 0
This is usually caused by an incompatible update-binary in edify ZIPs. Replacing it with a compatible one, then re-signing the ZIP, will usually fix this error.

I'm going to assume that an incompatible ROM is being installed or you forgot to set notepad++ to UNIX format (Edit-->EOL Conversion-->Convert to UNIX Format).

Reactions: Pkt_Lnt

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

from ClockworkMod Recovery - RootzWiki :

STATUS 0
This is usually caused by an incompatible update-binary in edify ZIPs. Replacing it with a compatible one, then re-signing the ZIP, will usually fix this error.

I'm going to assume that an incompatible ROM is being installed or you forgot to set notepad++ to UNIX format (Edit-->EOL Conversion-->Convert to UNIX Format).

I was searching for Cannibal Status codes, never thought to try CWM, duh.

Nope, this was from the SuperSU zip and some of the fix zips for thekraven and tdm. Sometimes a second flash works, usually I have to power down fully and then use the three button direct to recovery and it works.

Only editing build.prop so far, but I do have notepad++ configured, thanks.

Buddlespit

Wannabe kewl
Jan 27, 2011
Visit site

Did you have any memory errors when you flashed this recovery? I had it happen twice, and I almost didn't catch it the first time. Only the first few lines reported out of memory, but the rest of the lines stated that the rest of the blocks were written correctly. It happened the second time, but the third was a charm. That was the one and only time I flashed it from the ROM (via adb). Before that, I've always flashed it (via adb) from the recovery.

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

Did you have any memory errors when you flashed this recovery? I had it happen twice, and I almost didn't catch it the first time. Only the first few lines reported out of memory, but the rest of the lines stated that the rest of the blocks were written correctly. It happened the second time, but the third was a charm. That was the one and only time I flashed it from the ROM (via adb). Before that, I've always flashed it (via adb) from the recovery.

No, I have gone back and forth between COT and CWMT using adb installs. I have a tall adb window open with plenty of buffer so I can scroll and check all output first. No errors. I gave up on the superSU zip and just installed from the Play store and used root explorer to delete the old superuser apk. The patches from thekraven and tdm make me wonder, especially with the problems now on CAI. Lubarsky, blame it on Lubarsky.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I really like this recovery also but I don't care for the auto backup..... Here's why.... I go into mounts & storage and format everything then wipe dalvik then flash a rom and it just made a backup of nothing

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Read the first post again. There are instructions on how to disable that feature.

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

Read the first post again. There are instructions on how to disable that feature.

Those only apply when a script is called by a program like Goo IM or another program that support ORS. They do not apply when using the recovery from the touch screen. I have both .orsconfig files in my phone and fire, and they do nothing except when a script is run.

Last edited:

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Those only apply when a script is called by a program like Goo OM or another program that support ORS. They do not apply when using the recovery from the touch screen. I have both .orsconfig files in my phone and fire, and they do nothing except when a script is run.

Wait you're totally right. There IS a way to disable the prompt, I just haven't documented it yet.

I just got off work, so I wasn't thinking lol

Reactions: Pkt_Lnt

eletendre84

#sarcasm
Jul 15, 2011
Visit site

soooo can i make a suggestion? now that it asks you to make a backup before flashing, it no longer asks to confirm a file. so, if you choose the wrong file by mistake, even if you say no, or hit back when it asks to make a backup, it flashes the file anyway.

like, i just flashed the newest AOKP nightly and flashed the wrong date because i couldnt see the date , so i chose the top one thinking it would show me the full file name when i confirmed the flash.

(yes i know i should just delete the old file).

sblood86

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site

soooo can i make a suggestion? now that it asks you to make a backup before flashing, it no longer asks to confirm a file. so, if you choose the wrong file by mistake, even if you say no, or hit back when it asks to make a backup, it flashes the file anyway.

like, i just flashed the newest AOKP nightly and flashed the wrong date because i couldnt see the date , so i chose the top one thinking it would show me the full file name when i confirmed the flash.

(yes i know i should just delete the old file).

Already changed that feature in the master-dev branch, should be a touch more user friendly in the next release (for one thing back works now)

Will you?

-via LG-LS670 w tdm quattrimus ICS & Tapatalk 2

Drew's been a bit busy lately (I say this cause I've barely talked to him in gtalk regarding the recent changes), the disable you are looking for is .cotconfirmnandroid (just place that in the clockworkmod dir just like the others); but to answer your question, Drew has been working on a wiki for COTR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance