jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
USE THIS RECOVERY OR ROM WONT FLASH
http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=179604
XIONIA will work too!!!

hello all first i want to say before we get started this is a port of a port :p
next i will not be working on this all the time but often because this will just be synced with zakman's build and try to work out possible problems so wish me luck
next i have not tested so dont know if it boots but it should
next it has the quattrimus kernel until i can unpack boot.img and include the kravens kernel(Go flash the 15th one its faster)
I'm not responsible for brickings

Lets get started :)
this is zakman's rom so it has ALL features as the v one i just switched a couple files so it works i used no base so did not need permission for rom bases
This is cm10 not cm9 or cm7 or anything else its cm10 so only discuss this not anything else.
fixes or help with the rom Would be greatly appreciated
also no jellybean goodies YET

HOW TO FLASH
1.use pre flash wipe in drews recovery or just wipe all if in a different one
2.disable signature verification
3.flash rom
4.flash gapps
5.boot android
6.profit​

what works
phone
sms (sending and getting)
gps
wi-fi
3g
sound (speaker and headphones)
all the basics but theres more that works
Google Now
Google ears
Theme engine

what doesnt work
mms

Issues-
1.when apps are moved to sdcard they are uninstalled so dont move apps to sd card
3.any downloaded zip,apk or other files will not show up until reboot
5. Deep sleep​

rest of the issues are not noticeable so not much problems :D

Download rom-https://www.dropbox.com/s/xovdeaaud5uz9vm/CM10-ALPHA-6.zip
Zakmans gapps fixed Google ears- http://www.mediafire.com/?iqd5hvyr33omf7x FLASH THESE GAPPS FOR BETTER APP COMPATIBILITY
zakman's thread-http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...198058-rom-wip-cm10-port-jelly-optimus-v.html

thanks
torch2424- for inspiring me (YOU DA MAN)
zakman- for letting me port
TDM- kernel
Cyanogenmod-being awesome
android-for making jellybean
the first person who rooted the optimus s- for rooting it and making it so we can make good roms like this
Drew-For originally got cm10 booting on the optimus s
nitestalkr-apps2ext (THANK YOU)​

Changelog
8-9-12 initial release
8-10-12 fixed sdcard moving problem see instructions after this
8-12-12 added amphetimes, replaced a lib file that zakman replaced (Will say what it is in a minute i forgot),signed
8-14-12 added a better launcher apex
8-21-12 Better launcher (Stock Trebucket jellybean launcher modded), Bobzhome kernel (Much Faster), Google now fixed mostly,Audio files fixed,Better GPS for improved acuracy,Better app Compatibility (ics compatibility i think),Theme chooser (not working yet), new RIL files added better reliability,Youtube app i think,Build.prop changes (WOOT WOOT BIG UPDATE)

Fix Google Now
1.Flash Rom
2.Flash Gapps that i posted not my old ones or other old ones
3. install this-http://www.mediafire.com/?59yugc7w8jdoxy0
4. install this-http://www.mediafire.com/?vyadrtddrjb2d4j
5.Profit

do not move apps manually to sdcard let the scripts do it
also every time you flash this rom if you had apps they will be there due to scripts
You must have a 512 mb ext3 or ext4 partition for this ROM to work properly i prefer 1gb

i recommend Apex Launcher its MUCH more smoother sorry didn't include will re-include in next build.....

SCREENSHOTS!!!

325034f2-7db4-0f34.jpg

325034f2-7dc1-bc81.jpg

325034f2-7dcc-e910.jpg

325034f2-7dd8-2d0f.jpg

325034f2-7de5-863d.jpg

325034f2-b759-63b7.jpg

325034f2-b766-5557.jpg

Last edited:

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Rom][PORT OF A PORT][ZVD] CM10 Jellybean

Here's my current to do list for the rom

1. Fix MMS
2.fix camera
3.fix roaming indicator as its annoying
4. Slim down rom
5.continue to fix problems

Last edited:

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

Upcoming in next build/alpha 6
1.Fixed camera for sure
2.Mms maybe will givit a shot
3. Roaming indicator off will be replaced by sprint
4.add apex launcher
5.slim down bobz rom to 80 mb I did it with Godzilla and added tweaks so maybe it will go lower :D

Last edited:

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

Don't upload tihs that you haven't tested. Thank you and thank you.

Please label your post as an alpha build and warn those adventurous new folks who might expect more.

Have you obtained permission for all the work that you have included? I don't see tdm even mentioned in your post, yet you are using a kernel from his ROM?

Other than likely changing out the files in nitestalkr's patch that allows Opti V ROMs to run on the Opti S, what changes have you made? Where is your mention of his work?

A very prominent contibutor was just raked over the coals in the E4GT thread for similar mistakes, so this is your polite advisory.

Last edited:

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

Don't upload tihs that you haven't tested. Thank you and thank you.

Please label your post as an alpha build and warn those adventurous new folks who might expect more.

Have you obtained permission for all the work that you have included? I don't see tdm even mentioned in your post, yet you are using a kernel from his ROM?

Other than likely changing the files in nitestalkr's patch that allows Opti V ROMs to run on the Opti S, what changes have you made? Where is your mention of his work?

A very prominent contibutor was just raked over the coals in the E4GT thread, so this is your polite advisory.

Zakman had permission from drew to port his cm10(which included tdm's kernel). After that, Jonny has permission from Zakman to port his rom. Also, even though Nitestalkr developed the whole .zip for the OV-OS fix, he did not discover what allowed them to be interchangeable. If I'm not mistaken, Zakman was the first one to actually mention which .so files needed to be replaced.

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

Yes, he was the one that found how to make ov and os roms interchangeable.

WE HAVE ZVD!!!!!! I CAN CONFIRM ZVD AND WORKING ON VIRGIN NETWORK!!! I FIXED IT!!!! Im on ZV4. I replaced libgstk_exp.so, libpbmlib.so, libwms.so from His Jelly Bean Port to the same files from the ics port AND IT WORKED!!! ZVDD!
[beast] :)

and since he has permission from Zakman, no worries. From my viewpoint, he's given all due credit to all things that he has referenced from... = Zakman. But he's also given credit to tdm and Drew in the end of his post. Which was currently last edited 'yesterday at 11:19 pm.' When you wrote your little critique, it was 'today at 12:52' and last edited at '1:21'. So chill a bit man, and read the whole op.

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

Also, @Jonny, I gave Zakman a modified jb latinIME.apk to use that cut the app down SEVENTEEN MB!!! So it's down to 2 MB. It's somewhere on the OV thread, and I found the apk from a guy at xda, which I referenced in that post. You could use that to cut down the rom a bit. Zakman is going to do that in the next alpha anyway I believe.(he might already have, but I don't think so.)

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Also, @Jonny, I gave Zakman a modified jb latinIME.apk to use that cut the app down SEVENTEEN MB!!! So it's down to 2 MB. It's somewhere on the OV thread, and I found the apk from a guy at xda, which I referenced in that post. You could use that to cut down the rom a bit. Zakman is going to do that in the next alpha anyway I believe.(he might already have, but I don't think so.)

Its already included
I'm trying something else to fix apps moving to SD I fixed but lost home button:banghead::banghead:
Working on it

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk 2

Shinkenred

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site

Interesting...but with the whole issue of apps2sd, I think I'll just wait until it's all fixed to try this puppy out. (I have A LOT of apps, and I certainly NEED the space; but I don't want them becoming corrupted as a result of this glitch.)

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

fixed again
ok download a root explorer
give permission to all files in int.d folder except 00banner (Dont touch that)
change all other files to permission r/w/x
reboot you must move apps 2 sdcard again (WEIRD) but must be done this is with new update im updating OP with will put instructions in OP too

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.