ARCHIVED: [DEAD ROM] LEGO-ROM-v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to LEGO ROM!!!
legorom.jpg

Please read all of post 1-6 before flashing....

[note]
Nick7, KSmithInNY, and myself will no longer be supporting or updating LEGO ROM. While it was a hard decision to part with the "brand", we feel we are doing it for the right reasons. You can continue to download and use LEGO ROM with the understanding that the code will not be updated.

With that said, the reason we have decided to leave LEGO ROM is because a new project has formed involving Beezy, KSmithInNY, and Nick7. This new project has taken the best of LEGO ROM, the best of nROM, and the best of ThundeROM and put them together. We feel it does more justice for the community to have all 3 of us developers working on a common ROM with a common goal as opposed to us constantly battling and essentially chasing our tails. Since forming this team, we have already accomplished some things all of us wanted to do, but were having issues with the execution. This also helps us 3 maintain a better android/real life balance.

If you'd like to continue using LEGO ROM you're more than welcome to. But, if you'd like to try something different, I'd encourage you to see our new work.

Beezy, KSmithInNY, Nick7[/note]

This is a combined effort of Nick7,Ksmith,and me. We came together to bring another great rom option to you. This rom has all the tweaks and extra's that you get from ThundeRom and nRom combined to give the best performance possible while still making it super easy for all to make the rom of your liking. Remember read all the post 1-7,it might be a lot of reading but all the info needed is contained in these posts.

-How to Flash LEGO Rom-
Post #6 has a very detailed description of the process for those who may need it.
- DOWNLOAD LEGO-ROM-v2
-place it on sdcard
-Boot into recovery
-nadroid backup(if you want)
-Wipe everything (data/factory reset,dalvik,and cache) If CWM recovery(data/factory reset and cache partition)
-selcet flash zip from sdcard
-Flash LEGO rom.zip, fully boot into the rom before flashing any theme or kernel.
-Make sure you read all posts.

*-Big Thanks To-*
Ksmith
nick7
Bone
Gbhil
bloodbought
My mom

If you make a theme and want to add it go for it,the more to choose the better!!!

Code:
        Changelog LEGO-ROM
Code:
[B][U]LEGO-ROM-v2[/U][/B]
Built from Sprint VC release - [B][U][COLOR="Red"]THIS REQUIRES YOU TO HAVE THE VC BASEBAND[/COLOR][/U][/B]
Added boot animation
Updated gapps   

[B][U]LEGO-ROM-v1[/U][/B]
Deodexed
Zipaligned
Zipalign on boot
PNG optimized
Superuser
Busybox
Minimum Memory adjusted for performance/battery 
VM adjusted for battery
Boot sound muted
Easter Egg ringtone added 
Sprintzone moved to data/app for removal
Sprint ID deleted 
Protips deleted 
LGSetupWizard deleted
Uses AOSP setup wizard 
Email has EAS bypass
AppWidgetPicker included
VVM is updated 
Gmail is updated
Vending is updated
Voicesearch is updated
Maps is updated
Custom notifications for - Gmail, Email, Gtalk, Market updates, SMS/MMS, Calendar events, voicemail
Launcher is gingerbread launcher themed in froyo

If you'd like to support mine and KSmithInNY's sick habbit, you can do so by clicking below.​

[donate=kpsmith@androidguy.net]0.00[/donate]​

Please note, Nick's signature contains a donate link if you'd like to feed him :).​

To disbale ota updates from bugging you go here. http://forum.androidcentral.com/596738-post421.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Nick7

Brick Master
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Themes
In this post, you will be able to pick up the theme of your liking. Skip this post if you prefer the stock theme.

*If you would like to revert to the stock theme flash this zip in recovery.*

Green text is the name of the theme. Blue text is the download link.

Themes ported by Nick7

ThundeROM theme by KSmithInNY and Beezy from Android Central.

CAP2011013000023.jpg
CAP2011013000024.jpg
CAP2011013000021.jpg
CAP2011013000022.jpg

Download ThundeROM theme

Steel My Elegance by gomorrah from XDA Developers.

CAP201101291917.jpg
CAP201101291900.jpg
CAP2011012918591.jpg
CAP2011012919051.jpg

Download Steel My Elegance

Gingerbread with circle battery mod from the Nexus S Dump provided by BigRick10.

CAP2011012919222.jpg
CAP2011012919221.jpg
CAP201101291921.jpg
CAP201101291922.jpg

Download Gingerbread
or without circle battery mod
Download GB normal battery

GatorBoots by Burst from SDX Developers (Used in nROM).

CAP2011012919263.jpg
CAP2011012919262.jpg
CAP201101291927.jpg
CAP2011012919261.jpg

Download Gatorboots

TwoPointTwo by thoughlesskyle from XDA Developers.

CAP2011012919113.jpg
CAP2011012919112.jpg
CAP201101291911.jpg
CAP2011012919111.jpg

Download Two Point Two

Stock FroYo with circle battery mod by Nick7.

CAP201101291934-1.jpg
CAP2011012919341-1.jpg
CAP201101291943.jpg
CAP2011012919331.jpg

Download Stock Modded

Minimal Elegance by bcparker from SDX Developers.

CAP2011013008001.jpg
CAP201101300800.jpg
CAP201101300759.jpg
CAP2011013007591.jpg

Download Minimal Elegance

Galaxy S from a Samsung Vibrant dump.

CAP2011013123503.jpg
CAP2011013123504.jpg
CAP2011013123491.jpg
CAP2011013123502.jpg

Download Galaxy S

AndroGreen by Mr. Ragu from XDA Developers.

CAP2011020100133.jpg
CAP2011020100132.jpg
CAP201102010013.jpg
CAP2011020100131.jpg

Download AndroGreen

Minimal Elegance Black by BP from SDX Developers.

CAP201102191326.jpg
CAP2011021913261.jpg
CAP2011021913253.jpg
CAP2011021913252.jpg

Download Minimal Elegance Black

User contributed themes

Dark Horse by Kfunk from XDA Developers. Ported by ZAvonAJ.

CAP201102011404.jpg
CAP2011020114032.jpg
CAP2011020114031.jpg
CAP2011020114033.jpg

Download Dark Horse
__________________________________________________​

More coming soon ....

Last edited:

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Buildprops
With the build props were going to control 4 things.

NOTE - With VC, LG/Sprint has enabled JIT. This means all buildprops, including stock, have JIT enabled.
1) Hardware acceleration - LG has this disabled by default. There have been no i'll effects reported by enabling this and rather, you'll notice much smoother scrolling while using the phone.
2) Wifi Scan Interval - This is how often your Wifi radio checks for signal when on. The default value is low and wastes battery checking for signal. ALL BUILD PROPS IN THIS THREAD, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF STOCK, WILL HAVE THE WIFI SCAN INTERVAL ADJUSTED. We have yet to hear one person say "no thanks, i prefer to waste battery" lol :)
3) Stagefright - LG has this disabled by default. This one is a catch 22 so to speak. Without stagefright enabled, things like shoutcast in winamp won't work and neither will the NPR radio app or any other media app designed specifically for android 2.2. The flip side of the coin is, it's half baked (thats why it's disabled on stock) and with it on, there are some things that won't work properly such as youtube may have green or pink lines in the videos.
4) LCD Density - LCD Density can increase how much space is available on the phone screen by altering the density of the screen. By changing the compression settings, this creates an artificially high-resolution setting. In other words, changing the LCD density shrinks things on the screen to create more room. The default setting for a phone is 160.

DOWNLOAD STOCK - This is the stock buildprop that comes with the ROM. JIT is enabled, acceleration is not, stagefright is not, Wifi is set low. This is a complete stock VC buildprop that would come with a phone straight from Sprint.
DOWNLOAD STOCK W/ LCD 140 - Same as above except with the LCD density changed to 140.
DOWNLOAD STOCK W/ LCD 120 - Same as above except with the LCD density changed to 120.
DOWNLOAD ACCELERATION ONLY - This has JIT and acceleration enabled and WiFi adjusted.
DOWNLOAD ACCELERATION W/ LCD 140 - Same as above except with the LCD density changed to 140.
DOWNLOAD ACCELERATION W/ LCD 120 - Same as above except with the LCD density changed to 120.
DOWNLOAD STAGEFRIGHT ONLY - This has JIT and stagefright enabled and WiFi adjusted.
DOWNLOAD STAGEFRIGHT W/ LCD 140 - Same as above except with the LCD density changed to 140.
DOWNLOAD STAGEFRIGHT W/ LCD 120 - Same as above except with the LCD density changed to 120.
DOWNLOAD ACCELERATION AND STAGEFRIGHT - This has acceleration, Stagefright, and JIT enabled and WiFi adjusted.
DOWNLOAD ACCELERATION AND STAGEFRIGHT W/ LCD 140 - Same as above except with the LCD density changed to 140.
DOWNLOAD ACCELERATION AND STAGEFRIGHT W/ LCD 120 - Same as above except with the LCD density changed to 120.

Reminder: Please see the top of this post for descriptions of what the different features mean. Also keep in mind that all the buildprops except "stock" have the Wifi changed to improve battery.

Last edited:

Nick7

Brick Master
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Misc
In this section you will be able to pick up all sorts of mods. I will update this section with new fun stuff every once in a while.

Gingerbread Keyboard
This is the keyboard that comes on phones with Gingerbread.

LG keyboard
This is an amazing keyboard by LG that has a T9 option in addition to a full qwerty. You WILL want to check this out.

Alarm Clock
This is a simple alarm clock application that will replace your desk clock application. I find that it is much more practical than the desk clock.

Widgets
Here is a flashable pack of widgets from ThundeROM that include; analog clock widgets, bookmark widget, calendar widgets, clock/weather widget, digital alarm widget, dual clock widgets, memo widget, and a text messaging widget.

Last edited:

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
What is LEGO ROM?

Well if you can't tell by now, we wanted to incorporate all of Nick, Beezy, and my work, with some new ideas, into 1 central place where you can basically build your own ROM. Thats right! We did all the heavy lifting, and you pick what you want and flash as described below.

What are the prerequisites to run LEGO ROM?
This is a short simple list.
1) You need to be rooted and have a custom recovery. This won't work if your not rooted and won't work if your rooted but don't have a custom recovery. If you haven done so yet, you'll want to visit [How-To] Root, Recovery, ROM without touching a computer.
2) The ability to read. Because there are soooooo many options and we're busy making them all available, you're going to have to read all 6 posts and understand what's going on. We have taken great care to ensure we explain the options in depth. We appreciate you taking the same time to read them.

How LEGO ROM works?​
1) You need to download The ROM from post #1, thats your base. The rest of the downloads are optional. A full description (change log) for the ROM is in post #1
2) Optional - You can pick and download a theme from post #2. We have lots to choose from and much more coming.
3) Optional -Now you pick and download a build prop from post #3. They are described appropriately so read the post and pick which one you want.
4) Optional - Pick a kernel from post #4. They are described appropriately so read the post and pick which one you want.
5) Optional - Lastly, you can pick and download any misc stuff we've included in post #5.

Ok Now What?

This is a very in depth description of the process which leaves little to the imagination. If you are new to flashing ROMs please take a moment to read the entire instructions multiple times to ensure full understanding.

Prepping your phone:
1) Place all the downloads on the root of your SD card. Depending on what you decided, this may be 1,2,3, or 4 different zips. Whats the root of the SD card? Thats the lowest level of the SD card meaning you aren't putting them inside of a folder on the SD card, but directly onto the root of the card.
Important - Do not open, extract, rename, change or modify the ZIP file. Just download and place on the root of the SD card.
2) Put your phone into recovery. To do this you can use an app from the market called quick boot (free). An alternative is to power off the phone, then press and hold the home key, volume down, and the power button. Keep all 3 depressed until you hit the recovery screen.
3) You should always always do a nand backup before flashing anything. That way if something goes wrong, you can restore. From the recovery screen select "Backup/Restore", The select "Nand backup". Wait for it to finish.
4) You need to wipe some stuff before flashing. Trying to flash framework as heavily modified as these are, over a different framework is not a good idea and WILL lead to issues. Using the volume down button, go down to the "wipe" option on the recovery screen and hit the home button on the bottom of your phone to select it. Wipe data/factory, Wipe cache, and wipe Dalvik cache. Please note that when you wipe data/factory this is resetting your phone to factory settings so your apps, text messages, anything stored locally on the phone will be deleted. Pictures are fine because they are on the SD card. Paid apps (you purchased) will be in the market waiting for you to download again after this is all done. Contacts will be re-synced after you boot back up and log into your google account, assuming you have your contacts stored in your google account.

THIS PART IS VERY IMPORTANT! FLASH IN THIS ORDER.
Flashing:
1) Select "flash zip from sdcard" from the main menu in recovery.
2) You must flash the ROM you downloaded from post #1 first. If you do not flash this first, you will over-write anything you flash prior to it. This will take a minute to flash so wait until it says it completed.
3) After flashing the ROM select "reboot system now". This must be done before you can proceed with flashing themes or kernels.
4) Now you need to go back into recovery only this time, the option is built right int the power menu so you don't need an additional app to get to recovery. With the phones screen on, press and hold the power button until the menu comes up. Press reboot recovery
5) Now select "flash zip from sdcard" again and flash the theme. This will only take a couple of seconds.
6) Now select "flash zip from sdcard" again and flash the Buildprop. This will only take a couple of seconds.
7) Now select "flash zip from sdcard" again and flash the kernel. This will only take a couple of seconds.
8) Ok whew .... after all that flashing you can finally select "reboot system now"

Congratulations!!! You are now on LEGO ROM. Makes sense why it's called LEGO ROM now huh? We're just giving you the pieces, you can build whatever the heck you want with them :)

I am on LEGO ROM but now i want to change themes/kernel/buildprop​
No problemo .....
1) Download whatever you want (kernel, theme, etc) and place the zip on the root of your SD card.
2) Boot into recovery. Just an FYI, LEGO ROM has reboot recovery built right into the power menu so you don't need an additional app to get to recovery. With the phones screen on, press and hold the power button until the menu comes up. Press reboot recovery
3) Whenever I'm in recovery i make it a habit to wipe cache and dalvik. Don't wipe factory because that will delete all your stuff again.
4) Select flash zip from sdcard again and flash the change you have on the sdcard.
5) After the flash is done you can now select "reboot system now"

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Joeseph Mother

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I can't use this being on an optimus t, but I just want to say how great it is to see a collaborative effort on here, there's not nearly enough of that going on, I like that you guys can put your egos aside to put out something to benefit the community.

Reactions: beezy

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Awesome colabrativre project guys, will have to give this a try.
Also thought I had the buildprops hosted already, or at least uploaded, guess we will have to get those up.

i was just going to add them to the folder on there,I made then everything for this rom is in one place. Thank you and everyone else should say thank you to Bone cause he's the reason there is no wait to download. Thanks again:p

I can't use this being on an optimus t, but I just want to say how great it is to see a collaborative effort on here, there's not nearly enough of that going on, I like that you guys can put your egos aside to put out something to benefit the community.

Thank you and i do want to say it was a honor to put all of our heads together. I enjoy working with both these guys. We all had one goal in mind to make a super smooth,fast,rom that the user could customize to their liking. This is something we think a lot of people wanted and figured it would benefit the community more then anything. I hope everyone likes and enjoys.

Reactions: crazymike

Bone_Enterprise

Nov 12, 2010
www.digital-ops.net
i was just going to add them to the folder on there,I made then everything for this rom is in one place. Thank you and everyone else should say thank you to Bone cause he's the reason there is no wait to download. Thanks again:p
Oh alright, whatever makes it easier.

And hey its no problem, it is just disk space and bandwith that I do not use very often, might as well put my hosting account to use since I pay for it montly anyhow. =P

itony

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
nice thanks for everyone's work! i'll be trying this out soon

is there an easy method to change the battery icon? i personally like the android battery icon even though the numbers in the circle battery are more convenient...

if not i still have one of the older versions of nick's gingerbread theme with the android battery.just confirming that that's flashable on this rom right?

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
nice thanks for everyone's work! i'll be trying this out soon

is there an easy method to change the battery icon? i personally like the android battery icon even though the numbers in the circle battery are more convenient...

if not i still have one of the older versions of nick's gingerbread theme with the android battery.just confirming that that's flashable on this rom right?

I would say it should, there's only really two ways to find out.If nick has tested it or tried,but since it's older i doubt he would. Give it a try the worst that will happen is a bootoop. I would just flash the rom flash that theme then give it a try of it doesn't then you didn't really lose any data or anything so just boot into recovery and wipe,reflash the rom.

Reactions: itony

Nick7

Brick Master
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I would say it should, there's only really two ways to find out.If nick has tested it or tried,but since it's older i doubt he would. Give it a try the worst that will happen is a bootoop. I would just flash the rom flash that theme then give it a try of it doesn't then you didn't really lose any data or anything so just boot into recovery and wipe,reflash the rom.

You can use it but reboot mod won't work. It will just hot boot your phone if you try using it. Anyways gonna put up TR theme then PASSING OUT. Be around tomorrow.

Reactions: itony

debh945

May 15, 2010
www.scrappincop.com
Wow I wakeup in the middle of the night to take some Tylenol for a headache and see this awesome ROM posted! Going to download now and flash in the morning. One question, is the default kernel OC'd?

Thanks guys, can't wait to try it!

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Wow I wakeup in the middle of the night to take some Tylenol for a headache and see this awesome ROM posted! Going to download now and flash in the morning. One question, is the default kernel OC'd?

Thanks guys, can't wait to try it!

It's stock kernel. We plan to add flashable zip for OC kernels later today.

xtacocorex

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Damn, just replaced my wife's Optimus last night for having weird issues with the battery, good thing too, it hung powering off while we're in the store, glad they could see we weren't playing for a new phone.

Just got done rooting and setting up nROM to her liking and now this shows up, guess she won't be using her phone for a while this morning while I re-set it all up. :)

You guys are awesome. When I get some time to read up on theming and android more, I'll be helping out. Hopefully that's not too far off.

EDIT:
I gather from the screenshots that the default Sprint SW is still included in the ROM? If it is included, is it easy to remove with Titanium or some other app remover?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.