ARCHIVED: [DEAD ROM]The Scott Pilgrim ROM (CM7 Gingerbread, Zefie Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shortyjacobs

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I changed the option below in the build.prop file and in my limited testing it seems to help with the proximity issues a bit.

ro.lge.proximity.delay=200

The original value was 100.

HOLY BALLS IT WORKED!!!!

Well not really. Delay 200 seemed weird to me....so instead I did delay 25.

I had constant prox problems before this. Now, every time I pull it away from my head the screen comes back on. Frigging awesome.
:D:D:D

Edit: I'm honestly sitting here calling and recalling my voicemail while pulling the phone away from my head, amazed that the screen keeps coming back on. My wife, with her stock Optimus, thinks I've lost it.

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Anyone having problems when flashing on a new phone with the ZVD drivers? I tried to flash today and got a blank screen. My base band is VCD Build IS ZVC. Any suggestions? And I am rooted.

simon.ponder

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Preliminary testing is going well. I want to use it for a couple days, to see how well it holds up. Testing is giving random results, and this may or may not help. Do what you want...

ADB for anyone that wants to do it from the computer or haven't purchased an Android file explorer that can mount and modify system files:

From command prompt:
adb pull /system/build.prop build.prop

This will move a copy off the file to whatever directory you opened the command prompt from. If using Windows 7, and you choose command prompt from Start > All Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt then the directory should be C:\Users\Simon (In my case, but ymmv).

Make your modifications to the line below in your file, I am using 25 instead of 100 in the following, then save the file:

Original: (Thanks for pointing that out shortyjacobs)
ro.lge.proximity.delay=100

What I changed it to:
ro.lge.proximity.delay=25

From command prompt:
adb shell

From Shell:
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /system /system
mv /system/build.prop /system/build.prop.bak
exit

From Command Prompt:
adb push build.prop /system/build.prop

Then reboot through adb or otherwise.

EDIT - After further testing, it seems this helps outgoing calls better than incoming calls. But it does seem to help over all. I don't think this value fixes the issue, but it definitely helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chef_ and WARWGN

hamagc

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
Anyone on v10 kernel notice the GPS bug? I believe its mentioned in the thread for the changes applied in v10.

Also noticed on TS, inputs are still wrong if your finger crosses the other in touch test.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

jungleblack

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Does the speed of your Android effect how well the 3G hotspot works? Also I'm having trouble getting hotspot widget to work with the Gingerbread ROM, anybody with any ideas that may help? So far Gingerbread ROM is the only one that I've been able to reach over 1GHZ overclock speed with but at the same time its the only one that wont let me use hotspot widget. I'm using hotspot widget for my PS3 and I need a strong connection. It works pretty well just I get disconnected at times because the phone can't keep up. But with Gingerbread ROM I'm hoping that wont be the case but my problem is wifi widget wont work. Any takers?

ichihollow

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Does the speed of your Android effect how well the 3G hotspot works? Also I'm having trouble getting hotspot widget to work with the Gingerbread ROM, anybody with any ideas that may help? So far Gingerbread ROM is the only one that I've been able to reach over 1GHZ overclock speed with but at the same time its the only one that wont let me use hotspot widget. I'm using hotspot widget for my PS3 and I need a strong connection. It works pretty well just I get disconnected at times because the phone can't keep up. But with Gingerbread ROM I'm hoping that wont be the case but my problem is wifi widget wont work. Any takers?

For some reason hotspot widget doesn't work, however, a free app in the market called wi fi tether does work, but makes the network ad-hoc, which i'm not personally a fan of, and i too miss hotspot widget.

do us all a favor go to the market and get a program called drocap2 and grab a screen shot of your 1ghz clock speed. Not to say that we don't believe you but, frankly, we don't believe you, and this would be a big monument for our phones which shouldn't be able to break 864mhz, at least not on the apps proc.

un related the above post i must say **** venereal disease, i spent the last 6 or so hours getting rid of it. My roommate just got a captivate today after 10 months of living in the same apartment as his rim device i'm glad to see him retire it and move on to something greater, can you believe he almost got a torch over the captivate? Thats beside the point, of course he wasted no time rooting, adding custom recovery, and installing CM7, but while he was bashing his head against the wall i thought i'd screw with him go all the way back to stock and flash back up. I got back to stock and figured, screw it i'll go ahead and get venereal disease, if i'm back at stock anyways, i might as well get the latest updates, i've seen the guide to rooting with venereal disease, and i know CM7 is good to go with it, so i decided to use the lg update tool like a good boy... THIS WAS A VERY BAD IDEA!!!!!!!!!! Of course i go completely back to stock, update to venereal disease, then go check out the rooting thread, guess what it says go back to v9... ok no problem got the kdz software, went to go force flash to V9... FAIL... !!! so after bashing my head against a wall, aint karma a *****, i finally got down to VC, then thought well if i'm at VC i'll try rooting here, nope no luck, screw this going right back to v9 if it will take me, 10 tries later, after a few combos of stock recovery flashing back to stock, and update.zip failing, the kdz software and this and that, finally i get back to V9, root it, add recovery, but wait, forgot to move the one back up file, so i got to root again, only this time i had to try at rooting 5 or 6 times before it decided to give me the # instead of the $, but after that it was straight into flashing recovery, and a fresh install of CM7, i feel like i just wasted this whole day... or at least the last 6 or so hours.

Last edited:

donbudafuko

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
is there a way to delet the old launcher an add ur own befor u install the rom. like say instead of the laumcher2.apk i can have the adw launcher wen i first boot up instead of having to install in after

pitmasterme

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Thanks!

VD upgrade, not a newer lcd, using v10 experimental, everything running GREAT!( thanks junkshow for the tip on the settings restore.) Thank you again for all your time in this ROM, Zefie.....

simon.ponder

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
1GHz on these? Impossible.

If he had actually the Optimus S over 1 GHz, he would have no problem showing us an unaltered image to prove it, and/or the kernel to support it.

Give that kernel to our wizard, and he will tell you if it can support the speeds, let alone if our processor's can support it.

Who knows, maybe he is dreaming of the 3D.

Even though the 3D is just now on pre-order.

shortyjacobs

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Preliminary testing is going well. I want to use it for a couple days, to see how well it holds up. Great find, hopefully it continues to work. If so, zefie can fold that minor change into the next build, if/when he decides to do that.

[snip]

EDIT - After further testing, it seems this helps outgoing calls better than incoming calls. But it does seem to help over all. I don't think this value fixes the issue, but it definitely helps.

25 delay on prox sensor works perfectly now for me, incoming and outgoing....I must have tried 40 or 50 times on multiple calls now...screen never fails to come on, (with any screen brightness setting too).

I wonder if this might be somewhat phone specific? 25 works perfectly for me, works OK for you. 100 works perfectly for many people on this thread, (as evidenced by some having no proximity sensor problems without any extra modifications). 200 apparently worked somewhat for zevot. Maybe 35 or 40 or 20 or 10 or 60 will work better than 25 for you?

acromack

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I would suggest not going too low, as it might allow the screen to turn back on too easily, which could then make your face do something like end the call or turn on speakerphone inadvertently. So maybe 50 would be a better number? I haven't really experimented with this myself yet at all, so I can't say for sure..

zefie

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
next nightly will be when i can figure out how to make CWMA accept the new format. It seems easy but the damn thing just ignores all my changes so something isn't compiling right for CWMA. Meh. :p

Try Xionia v011 experimental over the latest nightly and see what happens

dbeckwit

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
next nightly will be when i can figure out how to make CWMA accept the new format. It seems easy but the damn thing just ignores all my changes so something isn't compiling right for CWMA. Meh. :p

Try Xionia v011 experimental over the latest nightly and see what happens

hmmm, just flashed v011 experimental anykernel. right after 1st boot up, got a force close on CyanogenMod settings (process com.cyanogenmod.cmparts). Same on 2nd boot-up.

I think due to this, when i open up CPU settings, and click max or min cpu frequency, it just gives me a tiny white line where you would normally have choices, and the cancel button.

Everything worked perfect on v010

zefie

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
hmmm, just flashed v011 experimental anykernel. right after 1st boot up, got a force close on CyanogenMod settings (process com.cyanogenmod.cmparts). Same on 2nd boot-up.

I think due to this, when i open up CPU settings, and click max or min cpu frequency, it just gives me a tiny white line where you would normally have choices, and the cancel button.

Everything worked perfect on v010

right, I forgot about that hack. meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae