Guide on data2ext!

manny29

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Using 3.X, (the optimus V one)....orange text all the way...

yeah, Titanium says I have 190 apps...hence the cache issue.

I'm gonna run through all the commands one more time, and if that doesn't work do a full wipe and fresh ROM install again, snarl. (btw, using Drew's CM7, not the other one...that shouldn't matter, right?)

I'm using ath3nos cm7 the latest i been using it since release no problem here its my daily use

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk

shortyjacobs

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Did a total fresh start, still no-go, same error. Then I decided to install the thegrammarfreak's data2ext (V4). I flashed that, and lo and behold when I started up again, I had 1 gig internal storage. reboot to recovery, flash acromack's script, reboot, and back to 160 mb, reboot again, flash thegrammarfreak's, and back to 1 gig.

So it's something with acromack's script and my phone, I guess.

Now I'm piecing together the dalvik move using acromack's instructions. Data is already obviously on my ext4 extension now, but when I install S2E, and open it, the only thing I can move is "Download Cache"...Dalvik is greyed out, (as are all others). This is after checking "mount as ext4" in settings and even trying a reboot again.....grrrrr

Edit: Sh!t. Clicked "Import" by accident in S2E. Upon reboot, I now can no longer see any installed apps or download new ones, (package error). Guess I get to wipe again.

Last edited:

manny29

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Did a total fresh start, still no-go, same error. Then I decided to install the XDA data2ext (V4). I flashed that, and lo and behold when I started up again, I had 1 gig internal storage. reboot to recovery, flash your script, reboot, and back to 160 mb, reboot again, flash his, and back to 1 gig.

So it's something with your script and my phone, I guess.

Now I'm piecing together the dalvik move using your instructions. Data is already obviously on my ext4 extension now, but when I install S2E, and open it, the only thing I can move is "Download Cache"...Dalvik is greyed out, (as are all others). This is after checking "mount as ext4" in settings and even trying a reboot again.....grrrrr

Edit: Sh!t. Clicked "Import" by accident in S2E. Upon reboot, I now can no longer see any installed apps or download new ones, (package error). Guess I get to wipe again.

Be a lil more specifications. Who's. Script bump it to 1g....

shortyjacobs

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Be a lil more specifications. Who's. Script bump it to 1g....

Edited my original post 2 posts up. thegrammarfreak's script gives me 1 gig, but no cache-on-SD. Acromacks is supposed to give me both, but it doesn't give me 1 gig. Using thegrammarfreak's script, I can't figure out how to move cache to SD.

manny29

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Edited my original post 2 posts up. thegrammarfreak's script gives me 1 gig, but no cache-on-SD. Acromacks is supposed to give me both, but it doesn't give me 1 gig. Using thegrammarfreak's script, I can't figure out how to move cache to SD.

Well hate to break it to but I can't help you in that field I'm not a dev I just like sharing and helping others sorry

acromack

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Which zip did you flash? Use the first one, not the dirty flash one..btw, google apps will still store their cache on internal memory, my zip only moves dalvik cache for user apps to which ends up being just a folder in data.. Also, don't use s2e with this zip, you might end up with conflicting scripts. One more thing, make sure you do 'data2ext --enable' after booting up, then reboot.

Last edited:

acromack

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
is this going to make it a pain in the butt when I want to update my rom?

It will require you to flash an additional zip and run one line of code in adb shell. Then another reboot and that's it to get back to where you were. That's assuming you use my zip from pg13 of this thread.

buzz86us

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
It will require you to flash an additional zip and run one line of code in adb shell. Then another reboot and that's it to get back to where you were. That's assuming you use my zip from pg13 of this thread.
I did what baskethis told me and now my phone freezes on the CM7 screen.

shortyjacobs

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Which zip did you flash? Use the first one, not the dirty flash one..btw, google apps will still store their cache on internal memory, my zip only moves dalvik cache for user apps to which ends up being just a folder in data.. Also, don't use s2e with this zip, you might end up with conflicting scripts. One more thing, make sure you do 'data2ext --enable' after booting up, then reboot.

Thanks acro. I flashed the first zip each time, (the, uh, "clean" one). Never touched the dirty one. Definitely did "data2ext --enable" multiple times, after each boot, to try and make it work when I used your script....kept saying "Data2EXT is enabled but not active..."....only when I used the XDA script did I get "Data2EXT enabled, please reboot" or "Data2EXT is already enabled and active".

At the moment, I'm borked and having to restart the process with a full wipe again, since you are correct, S2E made it implode and made even the XDA script stop working, (so I can't install ANYTHING now...and I can't even see S2E).

buzz86us

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks acro. I flashed the first zip each time, (the, uh, "clean" one). Never touched the dirty one. Definitely did "data2ext --enable" multiple times, after each boot, to try and make it work when I used your script....kept saying "Data2EXT is enabled but not active..."....only when I used the XDA script did I get "Data2EXT enabled, please reboot" or "Data2EXT is already enabled and active".

At the moment, I'm borked and having to restart the process with a full wipe again, since you are correct, S2E made it implode and made even the XDA script stop working, (so I can't install ANYTHING now...and I can't even see S2E).
finally got it to boot correctly SWEET!! now to check my storage.
edit: AWESOME SAUCE!!
internal storage is now at 0.94gb with 798mb available
edit2: what could possibly be in there?

shortyjacobs

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Hrm. OK, another fresh wipe/install. Running acromack's script didn't move data to the SD card, so I then ran the XDA one. That moved data, (so now I have a gig free again), AND when I look under /cache, there's nothing, and when I look under /data, there's a dalvik-cache. So it looks like the XDA script didn't undo acromack's dalvik move....so I guess I'm good! Wish me luck.

shortyjacobs

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Quick update: All is well. Restored all my apps, (my 1 gig "internal memory" is now a whopping 60% full, (574 mb)), and /cache stayed at around 30% according to df -h.

So what happens if I run out of my 1 gig of memory? Anyone know of the deleterious effects of going above 1 gig partition size?

manny29

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Quick update: All is well. Restored all my apps, (my 1 gig "internal memory" is now a whopping 60% full, (574 mb)), and /cache stayed at around 30% according to df -h.

So what happens if I run out of my 1 gig of memory? Anyone know of the deleterious effects of going above 1 gig partition size?

Not really. But i just did a full wipe and I did this

Rom-drew latest
Gapps
Data2ext
Terminal- data2ext --enable
Reboot it work fine. Got my gig back so hopefully. You stay with that same scripted you been trying so much......lol

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
I just tried ext2 on the latest stable version of Drew's CM7 and it seems to work great, but I'd like to try ext4 for greater stability. I'm currently using the xionia recovery which I understand does not support ext4. Which recovery do you guys recommend? Will one of these work? https://github.com/inferiorhumanorgans/android_device_lge_thunderc/wiki/IHO-Recovery

Don't worry about support. It will work. Just properly format and you will be fine. Use what you have.

Reactions: Kamron

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer