Just Works ROM v1 - On Hold Until Further Notice

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustWorksTechnologies

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

Hello, Android Central, I have finally come to conclusion with the name of the ROM, Recovery, and Kernel...

ROM Name: Just Works ROM v1
Recovery: Just Works Recovery v1
Kernel: Just Works Kernel v1
E-Recovery Software: Just Works E-Recovery v1

***STATUS***
ROM: --%
Recovery: 100% Complete
Kernel: 100% Complete
E-Recovery: --%
Server: --%

(SORRY FOR MANY REPOSTS/EDIT OF THIS ROM, I AM ALWAYS IMPLIMENTING NEW FEATURES EVERY MINUTE.)

Working: Everything is planned as working such as Voice, SMS, Camera, Recorder, 1X/3G Data, and buttons.

Features: Overclockable processor, uploadable logs to my server for better performances in future releases, bug patches and fixes daily as per submitted, customizable screens and launchers from switching colors to sizable texts and images... COMPLETELY USER DEFINED! Custom recovery will have a GUI... And not just plain text! (Switchable to plain text within options!)

Options using my custom recovery will give options to what you can install during the flash process as custom boot images, wallpapers, apps pre-installed, and what apps not to install, and gives you the option to root within the recovery without using a computer, and connects to my server using built in wifi capabilities within the recovery for applications and/or drivers so you don't have to worry about doing it yourself!

Update: To make this ROM more better, I am looking for user feedback on the GUI of the main screen of the phone and a demo video is planned to be released on YouTube. I will give the link once I am finished. Also, I have decided a name for the Recovery and ROM.

Update 2: For the best experience of Just Works ROM, you will now have the option to use the basic Sprint menus, you also have the option to run everything off the launcher or you can even use your own launcher. Also, the Sprint menus and launcher have the option to be completely removed.

Update 3: Using Just Works Recovery v1 now will have the option to install the ROM directly onto a SD card and then the installation will automatically configure itself.

Update 4: Optional software is in the process of being developed as we speak, Just Works E-Recovery v1 will possibly be included in the release of the ROM. It has many features just incase something went wrong with your installation and if it bricks your phone, can't boot up into the recovery, or just plain "Don't Work." With the Just Works E-Recovery software you will have the option to reinstall the ROM on your phone using your computer and using Just Works Technology, you have the option to use your computer screen to install it!

Update 5: The Just Works Recovery v1 will now have a Touch-Enabled screen!!! No need to use the volume buttons! First ever feature within a ROM!

Update 6: As for the server goes, the server will allow your device to upload bugs and finds to the server and if the server finds an appropriate fix, it will send the file directly to your device and the ROM will recognize it and apply it.

Update 7: For when the Alpha Testing Phase is officially out to the public, the ROM will only be active for 14 days and after the the 14 days, the ROM will cease meaning unable to upload bugs and glitches you may find in the ROM and the applications will NOT work. So please be aware, you will need to reflash a Nandroid backup or a different ROM until the Beta Testing starts.

Update 8: Concluding when Alpha Testing Phase ends and Beta Testing Phase begins. Same people are allowed to re-join and continue tests. Finally after both phases end, I will release the first version of Just Works ROM. The server will be up at full speed and how it works to activate your ROMs is that the devices sync with the server. (Connect to a WiFi hotspot first.) And then you will be able to upload bugs and glitches using the User Interface.

Update 9: The rate of the completion process of Just Works ROM v1 might be sooner than you guys think, if all works good... The earliest Alpha Testing can possibly start is on the 21st. I am still looking for more testers, I have about 19 open spots left. Please private message me if you are interested.

Update 10: Website is going up July 14th, at 12:01am CST... http://www.justworkstechnologies.com (Website account will need to be created by the time of the Alpha and Beta Testing Phases begin.)

Update 11: Website has been stalled due to PC crash, luckily I have backed up everything on a backup CD... Sorry for any inconvience, I will re-update you guys when I have finished the development.

Update 12: A screenshot of the Recovery is now posted. Sorry about the delay. :)

Update 13: I have decided to place my ROM on hold for right now. It has really started to confuse me, I am sorry for any inconvience... Therefor I will be deleting my profile soon. I will be back once I get in the swing of things.

***I know many of you users are thinking I am really crazy and what not, but I promise you... This ROM is NOT fake! You will see, I have been working on this for 8 years and just finally started redeveloping into a smaller platform. The kernel is complete but I can not release it quite yet since it is only compatible with the Just Works ROM as of right now. As I run it as we speak in debug form and text only, I was able to clock my processor up to 844MHz and no lag, no reboots, and running off of it for 72 hours straight without one single reboot!***

Please comment, and suggest... I am always open to feedback!

Last edited:

something15525

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Re: Just Works ROM v1 - Coming July 25th

Sorry about the mispost, Just reiterating my want for testing this ROM. Always looking for something new to test out on my phone, and as I said in the other thread, really looking forward to another version of recovery, all the others currently look pretty similar.

Thanks for your contributions to this community. It wouldn't be here without people like you.

:)

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site

This sure is alot for one person to put on themselves. Best of luck to you!

When I read it again, it sounds like a sale's pitch. Lol. Hope this turns out to be everything that is expected. That would be awesome to see. I admittedly have my reservations but I will keep them to myself. :)

JustWorksTechnologies

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

Sorry about the mispost, Just reiterating my want for testing this ROM. Always looking for something new to test out on my phone, and as I said in the other thread, really looking forward to another version of recovery, all the others currently look pretty similar.

Thanks for your contributions to this community. It wouldn't be here without people like you.

:)

It is ok, no issues here. Just tell your friends this is the official post of the ROM. :) And for more information about Beta Testing, just send me a private message.

JustWorksTechnologies

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

This sure is alot for one person to put on themselves. Best of luck to you!

When I read it again, it sounds like a sale's pitch. Lol. Hope this turns out to be everything that is expected. That would be awesome to see. I admittedly have my reservations but I will keep them to myself. :)

Its all good, I know all the people can really say is, "I will believe it when I see it." Thank you for your posts.

And I know it sounds like a sales pitch but I just want my ROM to catch people's eye and say... Hmmm, this ROM looks really good. Under my oath, I will NEVER sell this to anyone under any circumstances! My ROMs will always be free.

Last edited:

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site

Its all good, I know all the people can really say is, "I will believe it when I see it." Thank you for your posts.

And I know it sounds like a sales pitch but I just want my ROM to catch people's eye and say... Hmmm, this ROM looks really good. Under my oath, I will NEVER sell this to anyone under any circumstances! My ROMs will always be free.

Very cool. It was hard to find any other options for this phone for awhile and we have had our share of empty promises but I like where this is going. That you plan to have the whole package for us!

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

ok ok ok... send me a copy as well. Ill test out whatever u gots. Im a good guinea pig / crash test dummy.

bblaze

Android Powered Human
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

If you've been working on this for 8 years, why did you settle on our lowly phone? With all of the features available to it, it would make sense to be on a stronger platform than this phone. I hope this does pan out because it sounds great, but I will have to stay skeptical until then. Best of luck to you.

JustWorksTechnologies

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

If you've been working on this for 8 years, why did you settle on our lowly phone? With all of the features available to it, it would make sense to be on a stronger platform than this phone. I hope this does pan out because it sounds great, but I will have to stay skeptical until then. Best of luck to you.

Cause the LG Optimus S phone is the first Android phone I have ever had. :D I will post some screen shots later on tonight. :D

Eklypsezero

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site

hmmm i need a new ROM...subscribed:) I dont wanna be a guinea pig tho. I want the real deal:) and do you have to use the JW Recovery with this ROM? could I use another recovery? sorry if its already been answered...

ath3nos

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site

Maybe I'm blind (or it could be all the pain meds) but I didn't see any mention of whether or not this is froyo or gingerbread. I'm assuming froyo because of the Sprint launcher stuff. Sorry if this sounds lame, lol. Diladid is a wonderful drug, but not so good for the thinking.

kingdavidbaker

Jan 7, 2011
www.kingdavidbaker.com

Okay I'm REALLY not trying to be a jerk although its going to sound that way but why the heck would you post something that 1. is not available yet, 2. mentions what SHOULD work even though you really don't know yet and 3. gives an exact release date for something that is still in development?

Just seems strange to me because in all my years I've never seen anybody post a product still in development...other than companies like MS who love to tell us how awesome their new OS will be (and we all know that doesn't always turn out so great *cough vista cough*)

josh.burns44

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site

Innocent until proven guilty! I think it sounds awesome! Ill give it a shot! Especially the touch recovery!!!!! Lol good luck man look forward to the release! Working on a froyo rom myself. In beginning phases.

hamagc

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
Maybe I'm blind (or it could be all the pain meds) but I didn't see any mention of whether or not this is froyo or gingerbread. I'm assuming froyo because of the Sprint launcher stuff. Sorry if this sounds lame, lol. Diladid is a wonderful drug, but not so good for the thinking.

Another thread he mentioned it will be froyo with a possible gb update in the future.

What has me confused is there are 8 updates for an unreleased rom that was posted 8 hours ago lol.

Love diladid. Stay away from the Fentonal lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc