Just Works ROM v1 - On Hold Until Further Notice

Status
Not open for further replies.

NicksOptimus

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: Just Works ROM v1 - Coming July 25th

If you've been working on this for 8 years, why did you settle on our lowly phone? With all of the features available to it, it would make sense to be on a stronger platform than this phone. I hope this does pan out because it sounds great, but I will have to stay skeptical until then. Best of luck to you.

LOWLY PHONE?
What are you talkng about? LOL :)
Actually I came to the Optimus S from a HTC HD2 (running android) and almost got the EVO if not for the $10 added cost/month.
I do not think the Optimus is a lowly phone at all. It matches any other Android phone in terms of speed EVEN with a stock ROM. Yeah if you have to have a 5" screen, amoled, etc. then it's a lowly phone.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

Has android even been around for eight years?

Nope.

Update 8: Concluding when Alpha Phase begins after Beta Testing Phase ends. Same people are allowed to re-join and conitnue tests. Finally after both phases end, I will release the first version of Just Works ROM. The server will be up at full speed and how it works to activate your ROMs is that the devices sync with the server. (Connect to a WiFi hotspot first.) And then you will be able to upload bugs and glitches using the User Interface.

Umm, doesn't Alpha come before Beta?

uberjam545

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site

being able to root and download stuff from within recovery is a neat idea can't wait to see it :)

JustWorksTechnologies

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

Another thread he mentioned it will be froyo with a possible gb update in the future.

What has me confused is there are 8 updates for an unreleased rom that was posted 8 hours ago lol.

Love diladid. Stay away from the Fentonal lol.

As stated at the start of the details of the ROM, I do apologize for all of the updates as the post is updated alot since I love to impliment new features into Just Works ROM every minute. And as July 25th gets closer everyday. I love to leak new features and what is happening. :) Sorry for any inconvience.

JustWorksTechnologies

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

Has android even been around for eight years?

I have not been developing for Android devices for 8 years. I started out as based of Windows Platform and Linux Operating System and developed a code name for my mini OS back then... "Ex OS" I know it sounds cheesy but it was a start when I first built my computer at the age of 15. :)

memsman

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

implement
and alpha comes before beta. alpha beta gamma delta etc.
also you post a teaser for a rom you have developed 4757% ?? how do you know it's gonna (just) work - on july 25th?

*edit for the updated progress and to grab a bag of pop-corn.

Last edited:

ens04

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site

please just post a screenshot(s)/video(s) and prove us all wrong and show us that this ROM is legit. Why wait for the sreenshot and show us a sneak preview.
People need proof, words are not going to cut it anymore especially that you have a low post count. I mean I could post a new thread and state the same thing but no one will believe me unless I post videos/screenshots of a new ROM.

JustWorksTechnologies

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

implement
and alpha comes before beta. alpha beta gamma delta etc.
also you post a teaser for a rom you have developed 4757% ?? how do you know it's gonna (just) work - on july 25th?

*edit for the updated progress and to grab a bag of pop-corn.

After working on this ROM non stop almost 24/7. I have complete faith that I will be able to pull this off, as your statement as "Just Works". It's not rocket science, I am compiling the ROM off of Sprint's ROM with all features of the ROM but with minor tweaks and adjustments. So I know it will just work, this ROM will not be built from scratch but based off something that has able been proved stable, this is my first time developing a ROM, when I get more in-depth and more experienced... In future releases and when Just Works ROM is released on 25th, thats why I have implimented the uploading of the bugs, glitches, and feedback within the User Interface to help plan for better releases in the future. Good point made. :)

hamagc

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
I have not been developing for Android devices for 8 years. I started out as based of Windows Platform and Linux Operating System and developed a code name for my mini OS back then... "Ex OS" I know it sounds cheesy but it was a start when I first built my computer at the age of 15. :)

I was going to mention that while android hasn't been out for 8 years Linux has which is what android is. Look forward to seeing where this goes. Good luck!

JustWorksTechnologies

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

please just post a screenshot(s)/video(s) and prove us all wrong and show us that this ROM is legit. Why wait for the sreenshot and show us a sneak preview.
People need proof, words are not going to cut it anymore especially that you have a low post count. I mean I could post a new thread and state the same thing but no one will believe me unless I post videos/screenshots of a new ROM.

I will post a screenshot of the Recovery and the Start up for Just Works ROM later tonight. Keep an eye out. :)

kingdavidbaker

Jan 7, 2011
www.kingdavidbaker.com

Good ol' Linux. I actually just started setting up a linux server to replace my windows web server. Got a 4TB network drive which windows won't play nicely with unless its a local drive....lame.

Anyway back to topic....Just Works definitely appears to be putting a lot of effort into this so if he is confident about the release date then I say good for him and I will wait quietly :)

EDIT: Oh and I agree that in THEORY all of the stuff he mentions should work but I was just pointing out that technically speaking its unknown.

sblood86

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site

Good ol' Linux. I actually just started setting up a linux server to replace my windows web server. Got a 4TB network drive which windows won't play nicely with unless its a local drive....lame.

Anyway back to topic....Just Works definitely appears to be putting a lot of effort into this so if he is confident about the release date then I say good for him and I will wait quietly :)

EDIT: Oh and I agree that in THEORY all of the stuff he mentions should work but I was just pointing out that technically speaking its unknown.

I totally agree; while I am at least slightly skeptical I'm willing to give the benefit of doubt, I hope something does come from this project and I wish the dev the best of luck.

swg0101

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site

Do I get a refund if it doesn't work? Haha, just kidding... :p
Waiting for screenshots... :)
Also, would your ROM focus on anything in particular? (e.g performance, battery life, appearance, etc?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37