Status
Not open for further replies.

JustWorksTechnologies

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: Just Works ROM v1 - Coming July 25th

Do I get a refund if it doesn't work? Haha, just kidding... :p
Waiting for screenshots... :)
Also, would your ROM focus on anything in particular? (e.g performance, battery life, appearance, etc?)

LOL, the Just Works ROM does have many improvements over Stock ROMs such as improved Battery Life, which last 25% percent longer if using the Just Works Kernel, a customizable appearance, and overclockable processor and the kernel underclocks itself to help preverse battery life and performance as it monitors itself for when certain applications are running. :)

JustWorksTechnologies

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

I'm confused because the way he has it written in his post, the recovery is part of the rom?

The Just Works Recovery will be included in the download, the ROM, Recovery, and software will be a seperate download.

Just Works ROM: Based off the LG Optimus Stock ZVD but stripped completely (Only Core), Froyo with potential Gingerbread in future releases.

Just Works Recovery: Has GUI option built-in and also has the text based feature.

Just Works Kernel: The clockable governor is based on "Smartass"

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site

the smartass gov doesn't monitor any specific applications for locking cpu freq up/down. It monitors screen state = on/off. It's interactive (less scaling more jumping) with a screen off profile.

smartass governor – is based on the concept of the interactive governor.
I have always agreed that in theory the way interactive works – by taking over the idle loop – is very attractive. I have never managed to tweak it so it would behave decently in real life. Smartass is a complete rewrite of the code plus more. I think its a success. Performance is on par with the “old” minmax and I think smartass is a bit more responsive. Battery life is hard to quantify precisely but it does spend much more time at the lower frequencies.
Smartass will also cap the max frequency when sleeping to 352Mhz (or if your min frequency is higher than 352 – why?! – it will cap it to your min frequency). Lets take for example the 528/176 kernel, it will sleep at 352/176. No need for sleep profiles any more!

EDIT - People ask this a lot on android forums so before it get's asked ....

ondemand - Available in most kernels, and the default governor in most kernels. When the CPU load reaches a certain point (see "up threshold" in Advanced Settings), ondemand will rapidly scale the CPU up to meet demand, then gradually scale the CPU down when it isn't needed.

conservative - Available in some kernels. It is similar to the ondemand governor, but will scale the CPU up more gradually to better fit demand. Conservative provides a less responsive experience than ondemand, but can save battery.

performance - Available in most kernels. It will keep the CPU running at the "max" set value at all times. This is a bit more efficient than simply setting "max" and "min" to the same value and using ondemand because the system will not waste resources scanning for the CPU load. This governor is recommended for stable benchmarking. This governor should not be used as a daily governor.

powersave - Available in some kernels. It will keep the CPU running at the "min" set value at all times. This governor should not be used as a daily governor.

userspace - A method for controlling the CPU speed. For best results, do not use the userspace governor.

Interactive - The 'interactive' governor has a different approach. Instead of sampling the cpu at a specified rate, the governor will scale the cpu frequency up when coming out of idle. When the cpu comes out of idle, a timer is configured to fire within 1-2 ticks. If the cpu is 100% busy from exiting idle to when the timer fires then we assume the cpu is underpowered and ramp to MAX speed.

If the cpu was not 100% busy, then the governor evaluates the cpu load over the last 'min_sample_rate' (default 50000 uS) to determine the cpu speed to ramp down to.

Last edited:
Reactions: sblood86

JustWorksTechnologies

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

Sorry about the waiting guys, my computer crashed. I was able to flash the recovery and with using Android Screencast, I posted this shot of the entry. Thanks guys.

JustWorksTechnologies

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

I have place my ROM on hold for right now everyone, I need to read up just a bit more... I will release my kernel and recovery for you guys to test out. Sorry about the ROM though... :'(

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

No harm no foul, Just change the thread name so its not misleading. Good luck and sorry that you were not able to get it done ATM.

memsman

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

Not wanting to sound rude or disrespectful to your work, but you might want to check your grammar (and syntax) in the UI. Personally I would never continue after that introductory screen. Just be brief and correct. You also don't need to brag about your software to the user who has downloaded it and about to run it. Again, no offense intended.

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site

Update 13: I have decided to place my ROM on hold for right now. It has really started to confuse me, I am sorry for any inconvience... Therefor I will be deleting my profile soon. I will be back once I get in the swing of things.

Why are you deleting your account? There is no need to delete your account... Unless of course, you have something to hide...

gilbequick

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site

It's a bunch of crap, the guy has been blowing smoke the whole time. He's been working on it for 11 years and won't even post up a screen shot.

The part I don't get though, is why all the bs? What's the point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc