Flashed A Kernel, Now Screen Is Blank

Meejo

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I Flashed A Kernel On My Optimus S, And I Have No Custom Recovery, Nothing To Get The Functions Back.
I Rooted With Gingerbreak, And Flashed A Kernel Via Joeykirms 'Flash Image GUI' And Now My Phone Is Blank. The Boot Logo Shows, But When The Android OS Boots, Its Function-able, But The Screen Is Blank. The 'usb debugging' Was Turned Off, So I Have No Option But To Flash Stock. I Tried ZFires Way But His Links Are Dead. Does Any One Know How I Can Fix My Optimus S?

deadset

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I Flashed A Kernel On My Optimus S, And I Have No Custom Recovery, Nothing To Get The Functions Back.
I Rooted With Gingerbreak, And Flashed A Kernel Via Joeykirms 'Flash Image GUI' And Now My Phone Is Blank. The Boot Logo Shows, But When The Android OS Boots, Its Function-able, But The Screen Is Blank. The 'usb debugging' Was Turned Off, So I Have No Option But To Flash Stock. I Tried ZFires Way But His Links Are Dead. Does Any One Know How I Can Fix My Optimus S?
I guess you have the new LCD. I think you can use android screencast to view the screen as you only need root to control with it.

Meejo

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I guess you have the new LCD. I think you can use android screencast to view the screen as you only need root to control with it.

It Doesn't Work With My Computer. I've Tried Many Many Times. Do You Know How I Can Flash Stock With A Computer?

deathangel1496

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Use adb to flash a custom recovery then flash a newer kernal like picastix. Its because you have a newer LCD possibly not supported by the kernal.
*edit* just realized your debugging was off
Sent from my reborn optimus using Tapatalk

themingson

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I used this method to restore my screen and it worked. read the threads cause they contain additional information. here is the link:

http://www.idriss.us/cell-phones/android/downgrading-restoring-lg-optimus-lgms690-android-2-2-1-to-2-21/

Hope this helps

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad