An issue while doing a restore

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I want to Start by saying the issue has been resolved but I want to see if anyone knows what went wrong. I downloaded an add on for a theme and didn't like it. Thankfully I did a backup in recovery. I'm using xionia 12518.6 recovery. I did my restore and the Scott Pilgrim logo took about 3 mins longer than normal. My lock screen and wallpaper were normal but after unlocking I got to a black and green screen with the android logo asking me to sign in to google, skip sign in or create an account. My device was listed at the bottom and it said something like "welcome to android" with my device listed on the screen as well. Even when I tried to skip the sign in as I already have a gmail account it said google or gmail was not responding and force closed. I rebooted and got the same results. Thankfully I did a restore 2 weeks ago. I flashed that and phone restored without issue. Should I have wiped cache or flashed Google apps in addition to doing restore. What happened?

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Chances are u should have wiped it. Glad u had a backup most user don't make one until its to late

sent through the force using my Thunderbolt

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Im pretty sure i didnt. i will say that was my first time doing a restore because i dont really flash a lot of stuff. Since may ive only switched from cm7 nightly 04282011 to 04192011and that lg ime keyboard. I went unto recovery, chose restore and at the bottom i got "restoring data, restoring system etc. 2 new things i remember though are that during the bad restore if said something like "sd.ext not found" but it didnt say that during the restore that went through properly and that black and green screen said "touch the green android logo to begin" before it asked me about my google account info. Im telling you guys i started sweating like a prostitute in church lol. i thought i was bricked

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC