Swype tips removal

incarceration

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
As the topic title states, is this possible with a rooted phone running Reborn-ROM 2.2.4 + Xionia Custom Recovery, optiOrange Transparent? I'm on the 2.2.2 firmware, swype version 2.6.48.12353, and ZVD SW version

Also, is there a way to update my swype version on this phone?

Thanks

incarceration

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Actually, I think I figured it out.

1) Swype | Text Input for Screens - Go here and sign up for the Swype 3.0 Beta
a) ensure the email address you use it retrievable on your phone (worked flawlessly with an address i have linked in the "email" app)
2) uninstall your existing installation of Swype via the Manage Applications menu in settings (Settings>Manage Applications>Swype>Uninstall)
3) go to your email on your phone and retrieve the message in your inbox
4) open the link and download the app
5) install the first app that is named Swype-Installer.apk
6) after installation is finished you must OPEN it, clicking done will not finish the installation
7) run through the installer and you're finished
8) ensure you have re-enabled swype as your primary input method in your "language and keyboard" menu (Settings>Language & Keyboard, check "swype" and select it in the menu "Select input method"

If you want to disable the tips that pop up, that's in the same "Language & keyboard" menu but instead, in the "Swype settings" menu.

I hope this helps someone else like it did me. This will update your Swype from 2.6.48.12353 to 3.6.84.26668.t100.26699 (or at least for me it did)

P.S: remember, this version is a BETA version but it's an OPEN beta and so far everything works fine for me and seems to be a fairly big improvement form the one that came with my phone

incarceration

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
It looks the same as far as the keyboard but instead of that big bubble coming up with suggestions mine comes up under the entry box, real sleak looking. Another change I noticed is the trace isn't as blaring, more subtle and discreet

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Just don't try any of the color themes for swype because they don't work for the new version. I don't use it personally. The themes are great but I guess the makers of swype went to a different type of programming for the new one and to change the color you must edit the apk...

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
You can theme the beta swype. Just more steps to get it working. Open the apk with 7zip. Swap the png files. The new Beta has 2 extra editing keyboards. Then you have to sign the apk. Install the newly signed apk, Then generate a new license with the installer and it should be good to go.

Make sure the files are MDPI.
See post below
theme swype beta

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney