A few question

PFCLand

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
How many times can you update your profile and prl. Because I rooted and put a custom rom on and now I am hardly getting any good signal and its only showing 1x and when it shows 3g I only have 1 bar . I live in the city and I got full bars before I rooted. So how many times should I update profile or prl? Or what should I do

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
How many times can you update your profile and prl. Because I rooted and put a custom rom on and now I am hardly getting any good signal and its only showing 1x and when it shows 3g I only have 1 bar . I live in the city and I got full bars before I rooted. So how many times should I update profile or prl? Or what should I do

If you are using CM7, you will need to revert to Reborn (or another froyo/sprint based rom) and update the PRL, then flash CM7 back over it....

Also, if you look under settings->wireless & network settings->mobile networks, there is the option to turn on roaming data, etc... I have all mine selected and rarely have an issue with signal. Sprint signal is very weak in some buildings and I have no problem using my data with these enabled. YMMV but I have seen great results using these options.

xplode196

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
If you are using CM7, you will need to revert to Reborn (or another froyo/sprint based rom) and update the PRL, then flash CM7 back over it....

Also, if you look under settings->wireless & network settings->mobile networks, there is the option to turn on roaming data, etc... I have all mine selected and rarely have an issue with signal. Sprint signal is very weak in some buildings and I have no problem using my data with these enabled. YMMV but I have seen great results using these options.
Doesn't roaming hit you hard in the bill?

tmeader

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Nah, one of the main reasons to go with Sprint in the first place is that they have free roaming.

xplode196

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Nah, one of the main reasons to go with Sprint in the first place is that they have free roaming.

Woahhhahahahahaha what?! I was totally not aware of this! I get terrible reception in my area...I guess I should switch on roaming...

Kamron

Punk a$$ b1tcH
Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Just make sure you're not roaming near the border, Sprint has free nationwide roaming. My wife works downtown Detroit and has gotten bitten by a large roaming charge if her phone roams on to a tower in Windsor, Canada. I'm also downtown enough that I keep roam guards in place to avoid the accidental international roam.

Jessicalt1

Lover of all things Andi
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Just make sure you're not roaming near the border, Sprint has free nationwide roaming. My wife works downtown Detroit and has gotten bitten by a large roaming charge if her phone roams on to a tower in Windsor, Canada. I'm also downtown enough that I keep roam guards in place to avoid the accidental international roam.

Ouch! how do you know if you roam on an int'l tower? I'm not in a "danger zone" but if I traveled to Detroit or something similar, I'd like to be protected!

Kamron

Punk a$$ b1tcH
Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Ouch! how do you know if you roam on an int'l tower? I'm not in a "danger zone" but if I traveled to Detroit or something similar, I'd like to be protected!

Wish I knew how to tell before it showed up on the bill. Regardless, Sprint has good enough coverage downtown Detroit that if you turn roaming off or enable your roam guards, you won't run into that problem. Just thought I'd mention that here because there is one place that I know of where turning off roaming may have a benefit to some people.

PFCLand

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Were can you get CM7 cause I already got reborn rom. Plus I cant find the download links for CM7

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I live by St. Claire shores and don't have any problems with roaming from sprint. Drive close to boarder every day too.

sent from my Reborn Optimus

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon