No VM notification after rooting, ROM change, QPST modifications

l0h

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I've got a spare LG Optimus about 2 months ago. It is rooted now and is running RebornROM 2.2.3.
I also recall playing with QPST and QXDM couple times. I don't remember if I modified any parameters, but may be I did.

Here is the problem: Everything works fine at the moment, except that I do not receive any VoiceMail notifications after somebody leave me a VM.

I thought that the problem can be resolved by bringing Stock ROM back, but after I did -- it had the same behaviour - No VoiceMail notification at all. :(

I already spent an hour on the phone with Sprint Support. They reset my Phone Profile and then reset my VoiceMail profile. It is still the same. No VM notification at all. People leave me dozen VMs and I never get any notifications.

Anyone can share his/her thoughts on what I should check to bring VoiceMail notification back?
Should I modify some settings with QPST? If so, can you provide with screenshots please?

Thanks,
l0h

ens04

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Re: No VM notification after rooting, ROM change, QPST modificati

Try google voice (download it from the Android Market).

I was first skeptical about google voice. But I gave it a shot and google voice is 100x better than the Sprint Voicemail. It has many more features than your regular voicemail. Plus, every VM gets stored in your gmail/gogle voice account so you'll never miss a voicemail again.

Give it a shot, see if you like it.

jcwxguy

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

just remember to click the skip button when installing so it doesnt take over your sms messages

l0h

May 20, 2011
Visit site

Thanks, guys! I'll give it a try.

Still, does anyone know how to return back the VM notification from Sprint?
I've tried to install Sprint's VM VTM from .apk file that I found on this forum. Still, no luck. Something else is broken.

Thanks!
l0h

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

Thanks, guys! I'll give it a try.

Still, does anyone know how to return back the VM notification from Sprint?
I've tried to install Sprint's VM VTM from .apk file that I found on this forum. Still, no luck. Something else is broken.

Thanks!
l0h

Have you tried a diff ROM?

l0h

May 20, 2011
Visit site

Have you tried a diff ROM?
Yes, I did. As I wrote in my initial thread I even reverted back to the stock Sprint ROM.
I know for sure that it worked with Sprint ROM before I messed up with QPST/QXDM.

Any other ideas?

memsman

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

try this:

Know what to do if you are receiving your Visual Voicemails

You might have missed this step:
Update the data profile on your phone; go to Menu > Settings > System Updates > Update profile

edit: I missed it where you said that the reps did it for you, but do it again -follow the entire posted guide.

Also check whether your PRL is Sprint's (or just do a PRL update).

I've had unresolved issues with VVM on CM7 but in Reborn ROM it works fine.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma