My optimus runs buggy and horrible on 2.2!

joshb2118

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
OK first, my optimus is currently on Zefie's Scott Pilgrim CM7 ROM, and it runs flawlessly, but whenever I switch to any 2.2 ROM. my phone is slow-ish, and apps give me "Computing..." whenever I go to the Applications Section in the Settings, also when I start the Market, it work fine til I try to install a app, it only gives me a "Downloading..." loading bar that doesn't go anywhere. Wi-fi works, 3G works, basically anything phone-wise works, but Android itself is messed up, I found out that if I go into recovery and fix apk mismatches, it works, until next boot or until I get a bad installation, so it becomes a big pain, please help, I want to switch to 2.2 to get better compatibility with apps, and such...

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
OK first, my optimus is currently on Zefie's Scott Pilgrim CM7 ROM, and it runs flawlessly, but whenever I switch to any 2.2 ROM. my phone is slow-ish, and apps give me "Computing..." whenever I go to the Applications Section in the Settings, also when I start the Market, it work fine til I try to install a app, it only gives me a "Downloading..." loading bar that doesn't go anywhere. Wi-fi works, 3G works, basically anything phone-wise works, but Android itself is messed up, I found out that if I go into recovery and fix apk mismatches, it works, until next boot or until I get a bad installation, so it becomes a big pain, please help, I want to switch to 2.2 to get better compatibility with apps, and such...

Your next phone is an iphone, so I won't help you.

j/k.

It is a little confusing as to what got you to this point. A little more background will help anyone get you to the point that you want to be at. Without that information, anyone trying to help is just "taking a stab in the dark"... List out the steps you took. This will also help you realize if/when you made any errors along the process of flashing the ROM.

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
You could always flash the rom again, I was having the same problem. I wiped everything and flashed rom.

sent from my Reborned Optimus

DoesItMatter

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
joshb - what recovery are you running?

For CM7 - you should be using the Xionia Kernel or Drew's modified Xionia

For almost all other roms, you should be using Picasticks.

This is NOT a requirement but these are the best performing kernels with the roms.

You can mix/match but you don't always get best performance.

So - if you're trying sRom, or Shell Rom or Reborn - make sure you test it with Picasticks kernel.

As far as flashing, I recommend wiping your phone from recovery, wipe the data/cache (did you backup first?)
Then flash the Gingerbreaked Stock VD rooted rom dump, then go ahead and flash one of the other 2.2 roms over that.

Link included right below!

http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-optimus-s-rooting-roms-hacks/86749-gingerbreaked-stock-vd.html

joshb2118

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
im on xionia's, always have been,...ok, so basically, i wipe, then flash any 2.2 rom and then flash picasticks..then if that doesnt work, flash gingerbreaked vd root, then flash rom over it...

On3wheels

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Most if not all 2.2 roms come with pica sticks when you flash em. Make sure to format dalvik cache when going from 2.2 to 2.3.

Sent from my LG-D2 using Tapatalk

joshb2118

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Well, I have yet to try any, I tried installing the 2.2 rom that someone left a link too, but it wasnt signed, so im just gonna format my sd, most reasonable thing to do, then ill flash a rom (havent been replying cuz ive been playing LoL and Bad Company 2 / Vietnam alot)