Hulu+ app for Optimus S - WORKING - Stream over 3G

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
New update: This user put up a link for everyone that doesn't expire:

Update: This was working fine; however, I have since got rid of my old phone and laptop. And in the process lost the file. Sorry guys and good luck on your ventures.

It is very simple to get Hulu+ streaming to your Optimus S if you follow these directions.
Read everything before reporting any issues. Realize that some ROMs contain an ad blocking host file within the ROM. See below for more.
Follow directions exactly!

If it doesn't work, you need to try it again. Some have reported that sometimes it takes more than one try. Just delete everything and start over if you get "unsupported device" error when opening the program.

Requirements: Titanium Backup (app from market - free), phone rooted.
This is tested and confirmed on CM7 port. There is no reason it shouldn't work on froyo based ROMs.

Process:
1. Download attached file.
2. Unzip files. Only unzip the file that I have attached. Don't unzip the files within the zip (ie the tar.gz files - leave those alone)
3. Place the three files in the /sdcard/TitaniumBackup folder on your sdcard (if you don't have this folder already, backup something using TB and it will appear).
4. Open Titanium Backup and restore Hulu+ app AND data.

Last edited:

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
you can get the apk and install from XDA. the build.prop mods are the same for Netflix i believe it said. [APP][6.23.2011] Hulu Plus+ [Compatible Devices-List-Updated!][APK Attached] - xda-developers

I am simply providing one of the methods known to work to the LG optimus s community so they may enjoy hulu streaming as well. I have tried other methods and they don't work. Have you tried the method that you linked on an optimus s?

tl;dr the method you linked doesn't work for our phone.

Fajo

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
What steps did you do? If you followed the instructions, word for word, it works.

Followed them step for step. This is on CM7 Port from D. I reverted the adblock settings and verified they ads are allowed to come in still no go. It says this device is not supported. =(

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Followed them step for step. This is on CM7 Port from D. I reverted the adblock settings and verified they ads are allowed to come in still no go. It says this device is not supported. =(

Did you put all 3 files in the correct folder and restore it? I suggest starting from the beginning as it seems something was missed when you did it.

Fajo

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Yes I did.

Tho I tried this I did a full wipe of the phone reinstalled the rom then installed the app thought Titanim backup and it works fine now. So who the hell knows what was messing with it.

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
It is also not working for me , I am running Cm7 Athenos any ideas. I really don't want to start over with a fresh flashing.

It works for myself and others. Are you getting an error? Make sure you followed the steps correctly and that you placed all 3 files into the correct folder. If you think you did it correctly, uninstall the app, remove the files and then start from the beginning again.

You should also consider upgrading to a newer build of cm7. just a recommendation...

riggs170

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
What build do you recommend. The error that I am receiving is that my device is not supported. I will try a new ROM and then try it I guess.

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
The error your receiving may just be by coincidence. You can try removing everything and starting over or go to drew's build and install it after a fresh flash of that. Use the 002 build as its the most stable right now!

Reactions: riggs170

riggs170

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your help. I guess it is possible that it does not work with the Ath3nos mod.

The Hulu application works now just slow with 3g as expected.

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for your help. I guess it is possible that it does not work with the Ath3nos mod.

The Hulu application works now just slow with 3g as expected.
I don't know what you mean by slow. Mine doesn't experience any lag or slowdown. I believe you may want to check your setup. Seems you may have more underlying issues causing you problems.
Do we need a subscription for hulu+ for this to work?

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk
Well I don't have a subscription and use it. I can tell you that there isn't much free content...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11