Flash new market

scottypeterson

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
If anybody figures out how to update Apps using this new market please let me know. I had to remove it

I usually get a notification on my status bar that says "2 updates available" or something like that and I can update them that way. Maybe you have notifications turned off somehow? Other than that, idk man.

Sent from my Optimus S CM7

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
No they're on. But when I went to "my apps" I saw one needed to update. I opened it and there was no option to update. Just "open" and "uninstall"

ens04

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
No they're on. But when I went to "my apps" I saw one needed to update. I opened it and there was no option to update. Just "open" and "uninstall"

That happens to me too. But from what I have learned is to wait because within an hour or so the option to update will be there. So just be patient because Im guessing the market is just too new.

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
That happens to me too. But from what I have learned is to wait because within an hour or so the option to update will be there. So just be patient because Im guessing the market is just too new.

Really. Didn't know that. I'm just wondering if this market is ready for use since it hasn't been pushed out yet.

incarceration

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Also, after you install the app make sure when it finishes installation that you check the box "allow automatic update" on the page for that app in the app market and it should update itself or at least notify you of an update.

tlrsax54

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I use the new market apk and I've never had a problem with updating. Usually I have a few apps that need updating and there's a button that says "Update (3)" for three apps, and it does it all for me...

CardcaptorRLH85

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Really. Didn't know that. I'm just wondering if this market is ready for use since it hasn't been pushed out yet.

I got this market without forcing an upgrade so I'm guessing that it's actually official. However, I have had that issue where I get the update notification and then get no actual update link before. In fact, I've even gotten an update notification with an update link even though I already had the latest version of the apps in question. I honestly have no idea what happened there. I'm guessing that Google is working a few kinks out of their new market.

shockdude

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
afaik the latest market is version 3.0.27

btw to the guys having app updating issues: clearing data in settings > applications works wonders

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I got this market without forcing an upgrade so I'm guessing that it's actually official. However, I have had that issue where I get the update notification and then get no actual update link before. In fact, I've even gotten an update notification with an update link even though I already had the latest version of the apps in question. I honestly have no idea what happened there. I'm guessing that Google is working a few kinks out of their new market.

Well I know for a FACT my current market works so I'm just gonna stay with that until I don't have a choice. I was bored Monday and installed the APK and had my girlfriend try it on her Droid and neither of us liked it and both ended up having to do a restore to get the old market back which meant updating all apps that needed a update since early July which is when my backup was from. Not looking to do that again LOL. Too much to do tonight

watson387

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Well I know for a FACT my current market works so I'm just gonna stay with that until I don't have a choice. I was bored Monday and installed the APK and had my girlfriend try it on her Droid and neither of us liked it and both ended up having to do a restore to get the old market back which meant updating all apps that needed a update since early July which is when my backup was from. Not looking to do that again LOL. Too much to do tonight

Hmmm... Why didn't you just uninstall the update? I didn't like the new market either and just uninstalled the update and it worked fine. Running cm7 now though so I'm stuck with the new one afaik. Lol

Sent from my Drew Stable CM7/ XioniaRedux lg-ls670 using Tapatalk.

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm... Why didn't you just uninstall the update? I didn't like the new market either and just uninstalled the update and it worked fine. Running cm7 now though so I'm stuck with the new one afaik. Lol

I didn't have the option to uninstall. When I installed it it said it was gonna replace old market. How would I uninstall? When I went to it in file manager I didn't have the option nor when I went to settings>applications>manage applications.

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Also I'm using Scott Pilgrim cm7 and the Google apps from 3/11 has old market. I had drew's cm7 hack a week ago and flashed his Google apps and it still had old market as well.

watson387

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I didn't have the option to uninstall. When I installed it it said it was gonna replace old market. How would I uninstall? When I went to it in file manager I didn't have the option nor when I went to settings>applications>manage applications.

Settings/applications/manage applications/market/uninstall updates. ;)

Also, it seems that the new market is being pushed now. Even when I uninstall the update for the new the old one works for a minute, then it updates itself to the new market again...

Last edited:

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Settings/applications/manage applications/market/uninstall updates. ;)

Also, it seems that the new market is being pushed now. Even when I uninstall the update for the new the old one works for a minute, then it updates itself to the new market again...

Uh duh LOL. Thanks Watson. I might reinstall tomorrow

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma