Sold my phone to upgrade - What to do?

incarceration

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I just recently agreed with a person off of CL to sell my phone to her.

She was primarily interested in my phone because it's rooted and because she would like to use it for internet at her house on occasion. I told her it'll work fine as long as you have a good signal, etc etc.

Anyway, I haven't sold it to her yet cause i'm waiting to hear back from Sprint to get my new phone and she said she'll happily wait for me to get my new phone. Cool.

So my question is, what should I do to this phone to prepare it to hand to her? I'm gonna take out the SD card and replace it with the 2GB that it came with. So that isn't much of an issue.

Should I just do a full wipe like I would do before flashing a new ROM and then flash the same ROM over top of it and that would be sufficient?

I've never sold anything on CL before and was also considering making up a quick agreement to her that I'm not responsible for anything that happens after she takes it into her hands. Does that sound good or is that possibly kind of in-your-face? She seems like a really nice lady

Thanks

intheb0x

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
i would put in a blank SD or not provide one at all, wipe the device down from head to toe, then reflash a fresh rom on it, so when she turns it on she can go through the whole add a account stuff.
this is what ive always done.

Reactions: incarceration

incarceration

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Ya the one I have that it originally came with and I replaced with my 8GB is what I'm gonna put back in it.

Thanks for the quick reply, this is what I'm gonna do!

incarceration

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I just got this phone like <5mo ago and I called Sprint up asking them if there was anything they could do other than making me pay for a new one outright or waiting till my 1yr comes up (I get the $150 discount every year instead of every other cause we've been with them for over 10 years) and he said he'd let me use the upgrade that my Airave has to buy a new phone.

I'm wanting to get the EVO 3D because I just rooted my buddy's and I liked it lol.

intheb0x

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I just got this phone like <5mo ago and I called Sprint up asking them if there was anything they could do other than making me pay for a new one outright or waiting till my 1yr comes up (I get the $150 discount every year instead of every other cause we've been with them for over 10 years) and he said he'd let me use the upgrade that my Airave has to buy a new phone.

I'm wanting to get the EVO 3D because I just rooted my buddy's and I liked it lol.
Nice,
yea i just got this the other day because my epic broke and the stupid insurance wouldnt fix it.

i liked the photon better then the evo 3d.

but i may take this LG back because i dont want to waste my upgrade on it.. but rooted and rom'd its running just as fast if not better then my epic.

the phone is a great piece of machinery lol

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I love my evo 3d. The 3d isnt what I like it for... it has gingerbread.. and stock gingerbread that I actually like! I norm hate SENSE! Also doesnt hurt that its overclocked to 2.0 GHz DUAL CORE!

I heard motorolla really has it locked up too.. so good luck w customization on it... otherwise seems like a good phone.

incarceration

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I love my evo 3d. The 3d isnt what I like it for... it has gingerbread.. and stock gingerbread that I actually like! I norm hate SENSE! Also doesnt hurt that its overclocked to 2.0 GHz DUAL CORE!

I heard motorolla really has it locked up too.. so good luck w customization on it... otherwise seems like a good phone.

I'm not sure if you saw the thread on XDA but there are a LOT more ROMs on there than what is on here for it. I was at my buddy's house installing a bunch on there and going through them after install and a lot of them have customization on them already (themes\skins, wallpapers, etc) so it's not too bad, it's still not up with the Optimus S but that's expected because they just recently within like a week or 2 got permanent root capabilities.

I expect a lot to be happening for the 3VO in the next month or so

scifan

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I've thought about doing something like this... except to do so would cost me an extra $10 per month... as I'm currently grandfathered into the old plan on this phone... (part of the reason I didn't get a Evo or an Epic... was a ~ $440 swing between the two... - $200 for the device and $240 for the 2 years $10 per month service charge... which everyone pays as the "norm" now...)

the_maplebar

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I've thought about doing something like this... except to do so would cost me an extra $10 per month... as I'm currently grandfathered into the old plan on this phone... (part of the reason I didn't get a Evo or an Epic... was a ~ $440 swing between the two... - $200 for the device and $240 for the 2 years $10 per month service charge... which everyone pays as the "norm" now...)

Ditto here. I'm glad the Optimus runs is so snappy and has such great ROM's. I'm planning to hold onto this phone as long as I can stand it, I could buy a low end tablet with the money I'm saving on the data plan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781