optimus s status bar text color

username4040

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
doe anybody know how to change status bar text color to white on optimus s? i tried this Black Android Status Bar -- ZeZke but i couldn't pull the services.jar file from system/framework/services.jar using abd. i already changed status_bar.xml to white using framework.res backup in ninjamorph and apk manager.

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Easy way.... try uot kitchen UOT Kitchen. Kitchen

Upload your framework-res.apk, should be deodexed or grab one from one of the custom roms to start with. Make sure you check "amend scripting" . Got to kitchen/statusbar check "use this mod" . Choose MDPI. Check "topbar" then choose FFFFFF as the white color for the topbar. And change the text color there too.

The way you are trying to do, you need to make sure the Android sdk/java folder is in your environment variables. And download the baksmali.jar and smali.jar files to your java tools folder. Then run that command from a command prompt to extract the classes.dex file.

Last edited:

username4040

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
thanks but i don't wanna use uot kitchen cause i don't have custom recovery to flash the zip. file. i still can't pull services .jar from /system/framework and when i copy it from ninajamorph it doesn't extract with classes.dex.

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I dont' think you can use ninjamorph with services.jar. You should be able to pull and push the services.jar via adb commands to your computer.

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
i tried on my last optimus and bricked it so i'd rather not and decompile services.jar in apk manger?

Installing a custom recovery so you can make a nandroid backup is what you really need to do before proceeding any further.

You have to decompile services.jar in order to edit it. Even if you screw up something with it, you can restore your nandroid to recover.

If you want to accomplish what you are asking advice for, those are the steps you need to take.

Last edited:

username4040

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
ok then what's the safest way to do custom recovery and nandroid backup for optimus s. last time i tried this my phone recovery was just a black screen.

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Ok, ya that recovery does not play well with your LCD screen. You will want to use the one in the link I provided. It will work fine with gingerbreak. Make sure you extract the rar file and the zip file to the root of your sd card..

Reactions: username4040

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
i was so nervous going through all the commands but i got custom recovery with no problems thanks alot!

If you can push and pull in adb you had nothing to be worried about. Its the people that dont understand command structure in ADB that have problems...

so is a nandroid backup the same as backing up in xionia? and do i use xionia to flash uot kitchen .zips?

Yes and yes.

Reactions: username4040

PatrickAkridge

"The Button Pusher"
Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Hey Guys,

I have an LG Optimus S as well as some of you. I have CM7.1 with Android OS 2.3.7 and I tried flashing my UOT file (Xionia custom recovery with 2 backups before I did it).... and it made the Optimus hang at the bootloader... It would go for a minute or two then freeze on the bootloader animation! HELP!

P.S. I just want to flash the Theme.. I got Android! ;-)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech