12-08-2011 08:55 PM
30 12
tools
    doe anybody know how to change status bar text color to white on optimus s? i tried this Black Android Status Bar -- ZeZke but i couldn't pull the services.jar file from system/framework/services.jar using abd. i already changed status_bar.xml to white using framework.res backup in ninjamorph and apk manager.
    08-08-2011 04:59 PM
    Easy way.... try uot kitchen UOT Kitchen. Kitchen

Upload your framework-res.apk, should be deodexed or grab one from one of the custom roms to start with. Make sure you check "amend scripting" . Got to kitchen/statusbar check "use this mod" . Choose MDPI. Check "topbar" then choose FFFFFF as the white color for the topbar. And change the text color there too.

The way you are trying to do, you need to make sure the Android sdk/java folder is in your environment variables. And download the baksmali.jar and smali.jar files to your java tools folder. Then run that command from a command prompt to extract the classes.dex file.
    08-08-2011 05:58 PM
    thanks but i don't wanna use uot kitchen cause i don't have custom recovery to flash the zip. file. i still can't pull services .jar from /system/framework and when i copy it from ninajamorph it doesn't extract with classes.dex.
    08-08-2011 07:48 PM
    I dont' think you can use ninjamorph with services.jar. You should be able to pull and push the services.jar via adb commands to your computer.
    08-08-2011 07:57 PM
    i just figured it out i had to set cd and then pull but i can't find classes.dex when i extract it with 7-zip
    08-08-2011 08:06 PM
    You have to decompile it with apktool or apk manager.
    08-08-2011 08:11 PM
    ... i don't have custom recovery ...
    You might want to add custom recovery before you do any modding. You know, just in case.
    08-08-2011 08:30 PM
    i tried on my last optimus and bricked it so i'd rather not and decompile services.jar in apk manger?
    08-08-2011 08:34 PM
    i tried on my last optimus and bricked it so i'd rather not and decompile services.jar in apk manger?
    Installing a custom recovery so you can make a nandroid backup is what you really need to do before proceeding any further.

You have to decompile services.jar in order to edit it. Even if you screw up something with it, you can restore your nandroid to recover.

If you want to accomplish what you are asking advice for, those are the steps you need to take.
    08-08-2011 09:24 PM
    If you mistype something or put a space where there should not be, or a period instead of a coma you will wish you have a custom recovery and a nandroid backup.
    08-08-2011 09:28 PM
    ok then what's the safest way to do custom recovery and nandroid backup for optimus s. last time i tried this my phone recovery was just a black screen.
    08-08-2011 10:30 PM
    ok then what's the safest way to do custom recovery and nandroid backup for optimus s. last time i tried this my phone recovery was just a black screen.
    The latest version of Xionia custom recovery is supposed to fix that issue. Is this the one you tried before?

custom-recovery-xionia-clockwork-cwma-v1-2518-6
    08-08-2011 11:30 PM
    i used this LG Optimus S Custom Recovery - SprintUsers.com also i used gingerbreak to root my phone will it still work with xionia or it doesn't matter?
    08-08-2011 11:37 PM
    Ok, ya that recovery does not play well with your LCD screen. You will want to use the one in the link I provided. It will work fine with gingerbreak. Make sure you extract the rar file and the zip file to the root of your sd card..
    username4040 likes this.
    08-09-2011 12:08 AM
    i was so nervous going through all the commands but i got custom recovery with no problems thanks alot!
    08-09-2011 12:22 AM
    so is a nandroid backup the same as backing up in xionia? and do i use xionia to flash uot kitchen .zips?
    08-09-2011 12:29 AM
    i was so nervous going through all the commands but i got custom recovery with no problems thanks alot!
    If you can push and pull in adb you had nothing to be worried about. Its the people that dont understand command structure in ADB that have problems...

so is a nandroid backup the same as backing up in xionia? and do i use xionia to flash uot kitchen .zips?
    Yes and yes.
    username4040 likes this.
    08-09-2011 12:34 AM
    Awesome!!
    08-09-2011 01:42 AM
    Nandroid is your friend.
    Jessicalt1 and username4040 like this.
    08-09-2011 06:46 AM
    Hey Guys,

I have an LG Optimus S as well as some of you. I have CM7.1 with Android OS 2.3.7 and I tried flashing my UOT file (Xionia custom recovery with 2 backups before I did it).... and it made the Optimus hang at the bootloader... It would go for a minute or two then freeze on the bootloader animation! HELP!

P.S. I just want to flash the Theme.. I got Android! ;-)
    12-05-2011 06:14 PM
    Hey Guys,

I have an LG Optimus S as well as some of you. I have CM7.1 with Android OS 2.3.7 and I tried flashing my UOT file (Xionia custom recovery with 2 backups before I did it).... and it made the Optimus hang at the bootloader... It would go for a minute or two then freeze on the bootloader animation! HELP!

CM7 uses the T-Mobile theme chooser engine. That is not supported by UOT. You need to recover with a nandroid backup and try finding themes using the market, searching for CM7.
    PatrickAkridge likes this.
    12-05-2011 06:29 PM
    CM7 uses the T-Mobile theme chooser engine. That is not supported by UOT. You need to recover with a nandroid backup and try finding themes using the market, searching for CM7.
    That's what I was thinking in the first place... I went ahead and did it anyways for experimentation though....

Yeah... after I experimented, I lost my phone for three days (everything except SD wiped) when I clicked on Wipe/ Factory Reset through recovery (not supposed to when dealing with UOT) and I lost everything... renamed my nan backup's before so I lost it for three days while Xionia gave me a MD5 Mixmatch! error. I got it fixed, so THANKS!!!!

A BIG HELP TO ALL OF YOU GUYS..... CM7 IS NOT NOT NOT SUPPORTED BY UOT!!!! PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO FLASH THIS.... It will FREEZE on booting!!!

Thanks for the tip... I hope all of you will see this post....

Again, thanks for the help!

DO NOT FLASH UOT KITCHEN FILE WITH CM7!!!
    12-05-2011 10:50 PM
    Actually Cm7 works on Uot . . You can upload your framework-res.apk and SystemUI.apk and make theming changes. Then flash it in Xionia recovery. Alternatively you can upload one of the Androidian or Cyanbread Themechooser files and make changes to that, then unzip the apk file and install like a normal theme.

DId you pick "Amend scripting" and MDPI for all the options?
    12-06-2011 12:35 AM
    Hey Guys,

Did you upload the correct files to uot kitchen? For cm7 you need to upload 3 files. I have also noticed it is easier to apply the themes by theme Chooser and not flash the zip when you are running cm7.

sent from my CM7/Reborn w/ 1 Gb internal storage Optimus S

Always happy to help, hit that thanks button if I did
    12-06-2011 06:58 AM
    You CAN use uot on cm7 I have made many themes for it myself. Again apply them from theme chooser and not flash them.

sent from my CM7/Reborn w/ 1 Gb internal storage Optimus S

Always happy to help, hit that thanks button if I did
    12-06-2011 07:02 AM
30 12