nROM on VD baseband

cboekhoven

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Okay now before people hate on me for posting a new thread about a dead ROM hear me out. I know there are people out there who want to use nROM again or never got the chance because they got a new Optimus S and do not feel comfortable enough to flash back to VC baseband to use it. This is for them.

I found this out completely by accident and after a few beverages being consumed.

Standard Disclaimer of I am not responsible for what damage you may do to your phone in the process of recreating what I did. If you hulk smash your phone to pieces that is your own deal and I would suggest anger management courses.

First download the newest nROM.zip from Nick7's media fire account Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire and save to your computer.

To flash nROM and get it to boot up comletely all you need to do is boot into recovery (im using Xionia CWMA v1.2518.6)

Go to mounts and storage and format everything that says format BE ADVISED THIS WILL WIPE YOUR SD CARD so I recommend using a fresh card or one you dont mind getting wiped.

Plug phone into the compter, mount USB storage and drag the nROM.zip to your sd card.

Unmount, Flash and then reboot. It took mine a couple minutes to boot completely but it eventually did. Plus it is running on the VD baseband and I have not had any issues yet after 3 hours of use with heavy texting and downloading apps back onto my S.

If you need help I will try my best to assist but I am a true newb to all this.

All thanks go out to Nick7 and all the devs who worked on nROM
I did nothing but drink some beer and fiddle with my phone and tell you what came out of it

Last edited: