[HOW TO] Setup Google Voice with Sprint and have separate numbers

kingdavidbaker

Jan 7, 2011
www.kingdavidbaker.com
Re: [HOW TO] Setup Google Voice with Sprint and have separate num

I am unable to disable google voice in the web gui. I click on the Disable button and a window pops up asking if I want to disable. I click "Disable Sprint Account" and it just says "There was an error with your request. Please try again." I tried this a few days ago and got the same message. My Google Voice web gui shows some other stuff such as "forwards calls to" but I was unable to delete my number from that section either. I have linked to a screenshot of my gvoice gui below. Any suggestions?

http://www.kingdavidbaker.com/gvoice.jpg

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site

Hmmmm. Yours says "enabled by sprint". Maybe its time to give them a call?

Tre Lawrence

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Okay. Did some reading. It seems you can group text (there may be a max limit to number of recipients) from Google voice if using the computer. Hence, the groups. Or, you may do it name by name.

If you are looking to do it from your phone then it seems that this is the most feasible option: https://market.android.com/details?id=org.baole.app.gvsms :) It is a paid app, however, promises to do group text as you wish through your Google voice number!

Yep... up until this past weekend, that app worked BEAUTIFULLY.

Thanks anyway. I appreciate the help.

kingdavidbaker

Jan 7, 2011
www.kingdavidbaker.com

Yeah I might have to call Sprint....I looked through Google Voice's help section but all it says is to click the disable button. I'll play around with it and see if I can get it to function properly as is though.

kingdavidbaker

Jan 7, 2011
www.kingdavidbaker.com

Okay my phone is completely f~d now. I am unable to make or receive calls. Spent some time on the phone with sprint customer service and did hard resets and reset MSID to no avail. ALL I did is play with google voice and now I am unable to use my phone. Still playing with it but it would appear I'm going to have to reset to stock and take it to a sprint store....yay.

kingdavidbaker

Jan 7, 2011
www.kingdavidbaker.com

I should point out that it wasn't this process that killed my phone...it was google voice itself. I have finally gotten phone calls to function after factory resetting....resetting MSID...then wiping everything and flashing a ROM. So phone calls now function properly however I am unable to use data and it says my phone "may not be provisioned for data" so now I'm back to working with Sprint.....Fcku google voice! Getting proper voicemail notifications is nowhere near worth all this trouble.

To all those who are setting GV up....be forewarned that when you try to disable in the future you might encounter some major problems. I have searched forums and such and plenty of other people have the same issue and its on Google's side however they offer VERY little support other than "post in a forum and one day we might fix it".

Edit: I believe the issue only applies to those who integrate their Sprint number so if you follow this guide you should be fine :)

Last edited:

Jessicalt1

Lover of all things Andi
May 17, 2010
Visit site

Yeah, I'm trying to disable mine... not looking like it's happening. Suck.

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site

It will. Just have to get the settings exact. It feels like sprint/Google are trying to trick us into it and leave us stuck with it. Lol

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I've enabled and disabled numerous times... no problems for me. Just saying...

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk

techsamaritan

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site

Worked perfectly for me on my Nexus S! Thanks for your help! This is SO COOL! Hate the idea of having to use 2 phones for personal and business, this fixes that! Appreciate it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faret