Nexus S 4g Swype on Optimus

bklyn

May 8, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone tried this with the Optimus? Is it worth it?
It was briefly available for rooted phones on xda, but has been take down after the person who posted it was contacted by Swype. He was told that it would be made available to those with Swpe beta later this week.
I've been using Swype beta 3 for some time and love it.

bklyn

May 8, 2011
Visit site
when will this be available for us? i love swype, can this thread be updated once it becomes available?
You can use Swype 3.0 Beta right now. Just go to swype.com and register. I assume it will be announced on the Swype website when available and word will spread quickly. The version to be released will have all of the new functions that are in the Nexus S version but won't have the Sprint skin.

Reactions: omarnova

bklyn

May 8, 2011
Visit site
I wish I was at home when I read it on Lifehacker, that's why didn't download it right away :( I wish I would have now, Swype beta is f-ugly. that theme is sickkkk
I think I missed getting it by less than 30 minutes :(
Swype isn't going to release any skins without Sprint's approval. Hopefully, Sprint will see that it makes more sense from a customer relations standpoint to let everyone have this a couple of weeks before it was made available for the Nexus S.

bklyn

May 8, 2011
Visit site
I think I missed getting it by less than 30 minutes :(
Swype isn't going to release any skins without Sprint's approval. Hopefully, Sprint will see that it makes more sense from a customer relations standpoint to let everyone have this a couple of weeks before it was made available for the Nexus S.
I just received an email that the new Swype Beta 3.25 is available. Based on the description, this has all of the new functions that are in the Nexus S version.

donbudafuko

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I just received an email that the new Swype Beta 3.25 is available. Based on the description, this has all of the new functions that are in the Nexus S version.

Ya I got it to I just can't download it everytime I try to update it gives me a error message not sure what to do

ens04

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Im sure its a server error, because I cant download it either. When I go their official website. Their website is super slow.

kingdavidbaker

Jan 7, 2011
www.kingdavidbaker.com
I use slide it keyboard. Its just like swype but with skins and other customizations.

Good Call on the SlideIt keyboard, just gave it a shot. I have been using Swype beta and this is basically the exact same thing but with the addition of skins although there aren't a ton available yet. The functionality is basically the same also. The only problem with the SlideIt keyboard is that it is not free and costs over 6 bucks. Not quite worth it considering swype beta does the exact same stuff without the skins.

ens04

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
IV tried multiple of time reinforced to redownload the installer an nothing works I'm confused
when that happened to me I uninstalled the current swype installer and downloaded the swype installer straight from the e-mail that was sent this morning and everything worked fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol