Voice Mail "Unable to play message"

c4manceph

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Flashed Drew's CM7 ROM - Yes it is awesome.

Had my voice mail working for a short while, but of course I was getting a text message informing me of said voice mail. I was going to block that, but before I got around to doing so I started getting "Unable to play message."

If I compose a voice mail to myself it comes through fine and I can listen to it.

If I place a call to my cell from another number and leave a voice mail, it is delivered but I get the message "Unable to play message".

I have searched and found several solutions, none of which work for me. If I go back to the stock ROM or to Reborn there are no issues.

I understand that VVM is not working on GB, but isn't there a solution to using Sprint VM?

Your help is appreciated

c4manceph

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Thanks jcwxguy,

Guess I should have looked at the dates of these post a bit closer. After spending numerous hours trying to correct the issue I started getting a bit punch drunk I guess.

Funny thing is, at first it was working properly (except for the text message notifications) so I thought maybe I was missing something.

Thank you for getting me grounded. I appreciate it.

reltm

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Let me know if you hear anything. I think I enjoyed the customizations available on Drew's CM7 but no SVV is unfortunately a dealbreaker for me (I don't know of any way to do voice SMS with other Sprint phones without SVV). It sounds like I had a nearly identical experience to you. Good luck!

c4manceph

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Let me know if you hear anything. I think I enjoyed the customizations available on Drew's CM7 but no SVV is unfortunately a dealbreaker for me (I don't know of any way to do voice SMS with other Sprint phones without SVV). It sounds like I had a nearly identical experience to you. Good luck!

It was a hair puller but worth it for the experience. Now that I have flashed three different ROM's I'm not really sure where I'm going to land. I do know that I'm not going back to stock however.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waterpig