Official Gingerbread!?!

ath3nos

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I just checked the LG Open Source Code Distribution site and I see that there is now source code for Gingerbread (LS670(Thunder) Android Gingerbread LS670ZVH). If it's on that site then it should be available through the LG updater. Of course anyone who does this is risking losing root, most likely anyway. I'm going to go ahead and update and try the current root methods to see if they work.

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
I just checked the LG Open Source Code Distribution site and I see that there is now source code for Gingerbread (LS670(Thunder) Android Gingerbread LS670ZVH). If it's on that site then it should be available through the LG updater. Of course anyone who does this is risking losing root, most likely anyway. I'm going to go ahead and update and try the current root methods to see if they work.

Now we have the source! :D Checking now. :)
EDIT: It's here! I don't know about the LG Updater Tool. Someone is going to have to try it but the source is definitely available (more important part as far as developing goes).

Last edited:

ath3nos

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Lg updater says I am up to date with ZVD. So, I guess it's time to start a rom from source! Hopefully have something soon.

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Soon as in an hour??? In all seriousness, i cant wait!!!!

We already have Gingerbread, and as far as I'm concerned, everything is working. Our builds are probably better than this one. I am guessing it will be good to have for a "pure gingerbread" ROM or a ROM built off Gingerbread, but if you wanted Gingerbread, you could already have it with the ROMs available.
This may shed some light on getting the SVV working with Gingerbread build though.
EDIT: telemike, you posted as I was typing this! haha

jbobby

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
CM7 is good for most things, but still has few bugs for LS670 (and globally) that make it deal killer for some people. I use my phone in the car constantly and have yet to find a CM7 build that recognizes auxiliary audio out properly. Every time I plug headphones in or use aux out to my car stereo it recognizes it as a headset with integrated microphone and mutes my microphone. Despite all the other benefits, that has prevented me from using any of the multitude CM7 builds floating around. Happy to have a shot at a native Optimus S that will work properly.

Looking forward to the latest. Thanks for keeping eye on the this ath3nos.

ath3nos

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
It is true we already have Gingerbread via CM Roms. I was looking to make a pure Gingerbread rom, and this is just what I need. Having to download android source again at the moment on a very slow connection that drops constantly, so it will be slow going for a bit. Once I get all the source though it shouldn't be too long to add Superuser and Busybox and also make it so that the recovery doesn't update via ota, etc. No it won't be in an hour, lol. Might take me a bit as I have a lot of real life things going on at the moment. But it will happen.

ath3nos

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Once the update drops via the LG tool, someone needs to make a CAB for use with KP500. I, like many, have a refurb device and can't use the LG tool to apply updates. And there is NO WAY I'm doing the OTA update :p

Oh, and I'll have this thing rooted in 5 minutes. 99% guaranteed.

I'm sure you will have it rooted very quickly. If this does drop in the updater soon, how would I go about making a CAB? I want to be as helpful as possible. Depending on how fast I can build a ROM though we may not even need it. Well, I guess it would be need for those who do an official OTA. I'm not sure how fast Sprint will release an update though.

mike9670

DROID Master
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
CM7 works good,but having an LG sourced means that Nick can probably add the roaming app and other reBorn tweaks that I really liked and miss.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
The kernel source is broken. Building with the DEFAULT config (as defined in the README) results in an immediate build fail.

EDIT: Wait a sec, scratch that. There may be a config error.

EDIT 2: Yep, building now. For some reason the included Makefile is treating WARNINGS as ERRORS. What the f?

Nick7

Brick Master
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Aww hell naw! Too bad I'm at work until 4:30.. downloading source now. Tomorrow is my last day of work for the summer then I'm back at school so I should have plenty of time to cook up some gingerbread roms soon.

ath3nos

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Aww hell naw! Too bad I'm at work until 4:30.. downloading source now. Tomorrow is my last day of work for the summer then I'm back at school so I should have plenty of time to cook up some gingerbread roms soon.

Been waiting for you to chime in, lol.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk

Sparty73

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Very cool! I'm now a Drew's CM7 user, and it wouldn't have been the end of the world if this day never came. However, I really like the idea that force roam will probably be available, and various small (very small thanks to the work of our great devs) bugs should be ironed out more easily. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34