Best ROM?

caglmc29

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
So I'll be getting my Optimus S in the mail sometime tomorrow and I'm trying to figure out what the best ROM for it thus far is? I currently have the Hero and have been using CM7, I noticed it has been ported but is not fully functional on the Optimus. Are there any fully stable ROMs for the Optimus yet?

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I use drew's cm7 ex-006 and its pretty stable. Been using it since August 8th with no problems.

sent from my Cyanogen Optimus

the_maplebar

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
The best place to look is in the ROM sticky all of the currently maintained ROMS are listed there. Check the first couple posts of the thread to see how it is described and the last couple of pages to see if it is active.

In general ROMS based off of the LG VD source are more stable, but the CM7 roms have just about everything working now.

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I have used both reborn and Drew's cm7. Reborn is a great rom, like people said everything works, but it does tend to lag. But alot of custom themes.
Drew's CM7 is a awesome Rom, 0% lag, plus I love being able to have 1gb of internal storage, there are custom themes for this as well just IMO not as many. With this rom I dont have to both with App2SD!
So it basicly up to what you want! Both are good!

snipsta

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
I have used both reborn and Drew's cm7. Reborn is a great rom, like people said everything works, but it does tend to lag. But alot of custom themes.
Drew's CM7 is a awesome Rom, 0% lag, plus I love being able to have 1gb of internal storage, there are custom themes for this as well just IMO not as many. With this rom I dont have to both with App2SD!
So it basicly up to what you want! Both are good!

How did you get the 1gb of internal storage? Was it data2ext? If so, I didn't know that it worked with Drew's CM7

view9234

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
My vote is for sROM. It's fast, extremely stable and opens up a lot of internal storage space (vs. stock) yet maintains much of the stock look & feel (something I prefer)

dohmm

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
currently im using drews latest stable rom with his the redux kernel and the collin(sp?) battery mod. and i must say it runs awesome quick snappy with great battery life. be sure to use wifi whenever you can great battery save and turn the wifi sleep off.

bweb

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
How did you get the 1gb of internal storage? Was it data2ext? If so, I didn't know that it worked with Drew's CM7

yes data2ext works with Drew's
I was using data2ext4 before I went to Reborn due to video problems.

i think there is a different (prefered?) method now. for use with Drew's (CM7)