Can someone fix multitouch?

joshb2118

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if its just me but, my multitouch screen is a bit weird, when ever I cross them on the screen it start going all mumbo jumbo, so I saw this video on youtube:
http://youtu.be/5Ur9n9pQUAg
and was wondering if they could port this to the Optimus S?

Last edited:
Reactions: fenderman

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
I'll try it... Let you know if it works....
EDIT: Don't flash this. It could probably be ported fairly easily... His git is posted in his thread (not the YouTube guy, the dev). This should be fun for anyone that knows how to do it!

Last edited:

fenderman

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for trying to find a fix:) just checked for myself and sure enough! And thanks josh for bringing this to ! hmmm wonder where the problem lies? By the way i'm running Cm7 with the latest xonia kernel

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
First try didn't work.
WARNING: Do not try flashing this unless you know what you're doing! (or don't know what your doing and don't care) ;)

joshb2118

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
yeah no problem, i get this issue alot sometimes itll glitch and my phone will be stuck doing mumbo jumbo for a day or two, which makes it unusable, so i decided to do research, i keep my eye on the optimus one forum, they have alot of neat stuff...

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
I have never experienced such an issue. And, to comment on your "next device", don't do it!!!!!! You will miss android greatly. :)

bweb

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
yeah no problem, i get this issue alot sometimes itll glitch and my phone will be stuck doing mumbo jumbo for a day or two, which makes it unusable, so i decided to do research, i keep my eye on the optimus one forum, they have alot of neat stuff...

what do you mean by mumbo jumbo?

I"ve had problems with my screen when it is low on battery and i try to use it while plugged in. my screen acts very jittery. if i unplug the phone it works fine again.

the oldest comment on the youtube video is:
Youre doing the test wrong and the bug still exist.. try doing this.. touch your left thumb and leave it on the screen without moving.. then put your right thumb on the screen.. without moving your left thumb move your right thumb.. there's the bug..

so, it sounds like there are a couple possible problems with the screen?

joshb2118

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I have never experienced such an issue. And, to comment on your "next device", don't do it!!!!!! You will miss android greatly. :)

I won't i have my optimus s, its not worth the upgrade this year, half of these devices are on gingerbread, and Ice Cream Sandwich is just around the corner, upgrading those gingergread devices to Ice Cream will take be a drag, and with the IPhone, updates are given on one day across all devices, and all apps work across most devices, its simpler, the screen is amazing, not even SAMOLED+ can match it, ill jump back on Android after Ice Cream Sandwich....

My going mumbo jumbo I mean when I touch the screen, itll touch it somewhere else, itll be doing some weird stuff, i touch the top, it touches the left corner, I touch the bottom, it touches the top, its random, happens rarely, like 1 or 2 a month, but very annoying..

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if its just me but, my multitouch screen is a bit weird, when ever I cross them on the screen it start going all mumbo jumbo, so I saw this video on youtube:
LG Optimus One (P500) Multitouch Fixed - YouTube
and was wondering if they could port this to the Optimus S?

Your wish is my command. Just released About to release a new build of XioniaRedux with the touchscreen axis-inversion workaround.

:cool:

Last edited:

joshb2118

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
awesome job, works almost perfect, im not trying to be ungrateful or snobby but, there is a bug when you press both fingers in a joy stick style (on landscape at the bottom, one finger on the left and right) it seems to swap em, i know its someone elses kernel, but if yall can do anything about that, that would be perfect..

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
awesome job, works almost perfect, im not trying to be ungrateful or snobby but, there is a bug when you press both fingers in a joy stick style (on landscape at the bottom, one finger on the left and right) it seems to swap em, i know its someone elses kernel, but if yall can do anything about that, that would be perfect..

Please refer to the note in the first post of the XioniaRedux thread. What you are experiencing is a bug in the touchscreen itself. The axis-inversion patch is only a workaround, not a fix. In the future, please post kernel bug reports in the appropriate kernel thread.

Reactions: rammv

joshb2118

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
yeah i read it, that's why i asked if it was possible, god knows LG can't put in a few extra bucks in their phone to get a better touchscreen, well as long as the axis inversion works, i can still play nova, but ill have to wait till the Iphone to come to sprint before I play Zombieville...