thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Make sure permissions are correct when you copy the Generic.kl, should be

X X O
X O O
X O O

Then reboot

The market issues are from lack of system space , try trimming some ringtones and deleting the bootanimation.zip in /system / media. Or modify the Rom zip and flash. I'll update it with home key fix in a few. Or patch.

For market installs, try
Wiping system and cache , reinstall the Rom and try gannon's gapps.
Delete YouTube from the gannon's gapps. Then flash gannon's gapps with signature off.

Last edited:

eletendre84

#sarcasm
Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] CM7.2 Port for Optimus S by thekraven 2/7/2012 zvd only

Make sure permissions are correct when you copy the Generic.kl, should be

X X O
X O O
X O O

Then reboot

The market issues are from lack of system space , try trimming some ringtones and deleting the bootanimation.zip in /system / media. Or modify the Rom zip and flash. I'll update it with home key fix in a few. Or patch.

For market installs, try
Wiping system and cache , reinstall the Rom and try gannon's gapps.
Delete YouTube from the gannon's gapps. Then flash gannon's gapps with signature off.

Ill give it a shot. See if i can avoid bricking it haha. thanks kraven. the build seems good though.
Did MMS get fixed? havent tried it yet.

noonebutkev

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site

So is the YouTube app broken or video playback in general?

Last edited:

eletendre84

#sarcasm
Jul 15, 2011
Visit site

>:/ I have to wait for YouTube now

haha its gonna be awhile. theres a BIG videoeditor.apk file that got removed in order to even make CM9 FIT on the Optimus. I think those files contained the stagefright and openGL needed to watch video and stream audio. So that has to be replaced, but other things need to be trimmed in order to get it to fit.

Lupohirp has gotten YouTube to work on the P500, but it broke browser.

The good news is, someone over at XDA is rewriting the entire kernel and drivers to make the camera work.

So hopefully, it will all be committed and our awesome devs here (kraven, drew, other) can port it to our little phone.

Patience, my friend.

noonebutkev

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
haha its gonna be awhile. theres a BIG videoeditor.apk file that got removed in order to even make CM9 FIT on the Optimus. I think those files contained the stagefright and openGL needed to watch video and stream audio. So that has to be replaced, but other things need to be trimmed in order to get it to fit.

Lupohirp has gotten YouTube to work on the P500, but it broke browser.
Ji
Patience, my friend.

Thanks, installing MIUI on my touchpad should keep me occupied ;)

fenderman

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site

After installing last night and messing around with. Ics today I cannot get data to engage no matter what I do airplane mode as well as turning data off then on didn't work. Just getting the word out there. So exciting to play with ics though

noonebutkev

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site

Do I flash the mic+fix+for+cm7apha1.zip from recovery?
can i flash it now, even though i flashed the rom a few hours ago?

Last edited:

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

FYI,I made a new CM9 thread now.

Yeah you can flash the mic fix in recovery.

To gain maximum system room back, I'd wipe cache, system, flash alpha1 rom, flash the mix fix, flash gannon's gapps.

Dark Penguin

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site

ZVD is just the baseband. You have to use ZVD for CM7, which is Gingerbread.

Wait...isn't ZVD Froyo? I did have a ZVD baseband when I began, and I understand from this post that it's normal for the baseband to be stated as "unknown" after flashing CM7, and the baseband is still really ZVD. But the Android version is now 2.3.7--isn't that Gingerbread? Or does it only look that way because this ROM is based on the GB open source? Definitely I'm now noticing some GB features and behaviors.

Invincible Madness

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

Wait...isn't ZVD Froyo? I did have a ZVD baseband when I began, and I understand from this post that it's normal for the baseband to be stated as "unknown" after flashing CM7, and the baseband is still really ZVD. But the Android version is now 2.3.7--isn't that Gingerbread? Or does it only look that way because this ROM is based on the GB open source? Definitely I'm now noticing some GB features and behaviors.

CM7 is gingerbread and ZVD WAS for Froyo, not anymore. If you browse through the threads, there is a CM9 ROM as well made to work with ZVD baseband. Baseband unknown is a known thing and not at all an issue.
Basically, our devs made VD radio to work with Gingerbread-cm7 as well as iScream Sandwich-cm9 (like they call it).

Reactions: CardcaptorRLH85

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site

ZVD refers to the radio libs that are used to give the phone cell service. the zvd update followed in the same vein as the zv9 and zvc updates (bug fixes to froyo.) The zvh update changed the radio and happened to include the 2.3 update as well. 2.3.7 is indeed gingerbread.

EDIT: Dang it, invincible beat me to it.

ens04

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site

are cm7 updates pretty much done and now future updates are based on cm9?
or are we still expecting more cm7 updates?

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

If any major bug pops up here or a string of cm7 updates happens, then i can build it in a few minutes now. I build for the Photon too, so I keep busy in my free time.

I'm hoping zvh gets fixed by drew.

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
If any major bug pops up here or a string of cm7 updates happens, then i can build it in a few minutes now. I build for the Photon too, so I keep busy in my free time.

I'm hoping zvh gets fixed by drew.

I didn't know you build for the photon also. Thats awesome. Just got my wife that phone but trying my best to keep my hands off it, lmao. She is perfectly content with the stock setup and I'm going to TRY to respect that this time around. Ha!

Real nice phone though. All I did was changed her launcher because the stock one is too laggy. She didn't even want to do that but I guess I had to for my own piece of mind, lol.

Buddlespit

Wannabe kewl
Jan 27, 2011
Visit site

OK, I've given up on getting data2ext to work on the 2/7 build, now I'm running into a different problem.

I can't get any of my settings to stay set on the 2/7 build. I change the ringtone, and it changes back on reboot. Same with everything else, they revert back on reboot.

On a fresh install, I will:
~wipe data/factory reset
~format boot
~format system
~format data
~format cache
~wipe Dalvik Cache
~flash Debug-FormatSYSTEM.zip
~flash 2.7.2012-barebones-cm72-IHO-Kraven-signed.zip
~flash 2.7.CM7.offline.charge.booting.bootimg2.zip
~flash gapps-gb-20120116-237-signed.zip
~reboot and sign in to my google account
~stop sync of apps and download Titanium Backup and license, then restore my apps that way (no data)

Phone will work properly for about a day before it acts up. I will reboot the phone multiple time in the first hour (4-6), then a couple more times through out the day.

When it started acting up, none of the settings would stick beyond me closing the menu window. I tried rebooting into recovery and fixing permissions. That allows me to change the settings, but they don't stick past a reboot.

aaronrw

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site

Just restored my backup of cm7. After messing with cm9 all weekend I appreciate this ROM and it's greatness EVEN MORE! Just had to get that out:-[

Reactions: Va1ha11a

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Back on the optimus till my contract renews in may. So I"m going with this cm7.2. What I would like to know, is the Bravia Engine functional in this build? All the framework is there? It's a night an day difference on the evo3d I had, an my gf's evo4g, it's very night an day. Imaging quality is just loads better.

I flash bravia on all updates, even 2 -7, no harm, not sure it is needed or helps.

Using Tapatalk on a Kindle Fire w CM7 ROM

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay