[ROM] CM7.2 Port for Optimus S by thekraven 3/9 zvd only

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
  • CyanogenMod Gingerbread Port. CM7 unofficial. Gingerbread 2.3.7. For ZVD Baseband phones. Will not work with ZVH official Gingerbread phones. Let me repeat For ZVD Baseband phones. Check your baseband before installing this by looking at Settings/about phone/Baseband. Could be zvd or mvd. If it says anything else like ZVH you will not have data or phone service. Look for the ZVD downgrade thread by sfhub. http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...sprint-zvd-froyo-downgrade-now-available.html Make sure your 3G data, calls, and GPS work prior to flashing this. Get rooted and install Xionia Recovery or Team Hydro cwm Recovery.

I've been wanting to make a few builds since Zefie stopped, and finally have a few built using Inferior Human Organs (IHO) sources and Drew's Kernel. Nothing too customized, just syncing with IHO repo. similar to where ath3nos left off. The goal of this rom was to be just a lean barebones version, but i added the latest full sync I built. Dealing with CM7 nightly updates, things get fixed and also broken at the same time. So please report any bugs you encounter.
See here for CM7 menu explanations, thanks to Jerryscript CM7 Settings for Phones - Explaination - Blogs For Android | Blogs For Android

So far its the lastest sync with the InferiorHumanOrgans Gingerbread and CM7 branches. 9/25 + builds use IHO-BobZhome's kernel. 8/31-9/22 builds have drewwalton19216801's Xionia Redux kernel.

Changelogs

Bug list
  • FM app doesn't work. Part of the CM7 apps that get installed with a full build.
  • Handset mic not working when headphones plugged in.. Currently working on this as of 12/23. PM for testing details.
  • USB tethering is not working in Windows 7 testing. PDAnet USB tethering works.
  • If having market trouble try out the new Market zip in fixes.
  • Some have reported USB media not working, Looking at logs and trying to find what's giving the trouble.
  • When charging CM7, the phone will boot up. It's a bug that will never get fixed due to lack of LG sources. To prevent this, Reboot to recovery to charge. fixed 1-9-2012
  • https://github.com/inferiorhumanorgans/android_device_lge_thunderc/issues
DOWNLOAD the Rom
Two versions. One is a full IHO build, and the other is a barebones English only build. The Barebones has no wallpapers, minimal ringtones, no FM, smaller English only keyboard, removed bootanimation, removed language files (kept English and Spanish).

1. Full CM7/IHO sync Stable builds.

3. Google Apps.. required. Choose and download onto your SDcard. . .

HOTFIXES : old hotfixes are now at the bottom of this post.

• 6. GPS fixes. Uses the AGPS patcher by crypted . If option 1 , gpsfix2.zip, works stay with it. If not, move to Gpsfix3.zip. If you still can't get a signal, make sure Gps is turned on in settings and clear data in Google maps, then reboot.
  • Newest 3.1 AGPS fixes agps.patch.lg.build.v3.1.zip
    Version B (adjusted intermediate accuracy) agps.patch.lg.build.v3.1b.zip
    Version C (more gps servers) agps.patch.lg.build.v3.1C.zip
  • old fixes gpsfix2.zip GPSfix2.zip
  • old fixes gpsfix3.zip GPSfix3b.zip
  • Old fix file using only gps.conf to add servers. http://forums.androidcentral.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15292&stc=1&d=1316654684
  • This option fixed a non working GPS for one user. Requires flashing the VD update.zip. http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...-s-thekraven-11-07-2011-a-89.html#post1395054
  • This last option is untested, but requires a sprint rom (stock VD or Reborn should work)
  • In the dialer, dial: ##72786# (##SCRTN#)
  • Your phone will ask for a security number. This is the MSL. Input it here.
  • Reboot
  • After it has rebooted, test your GPS in the Sprint based Rom to make sure it works. If you need to, follow these steps again.
  • While you are there, go to settings > about phone > updates > update PRL.
  • After the PRL is updated, go back to the updates and hit update profile.
  • Once the profile is updated either reboot into Xionia recovery then
  • Flash your backup of CyanogenMod 7 or proceed to install the latest CM7 Rom, include doing all the data wipes.

INSTALLATION
Both install just the same. READ the top of this post again ZVD only. Check, double check, ask on these forums or search for help.

1. Backup apps with Titanium Backup, and SMS messages with SMSbackup.

2. Download and copy the Rom to you SDcard.

3. Download Google apps and place onto your SDcard. Download the Debug-System format zip. Here: http://files.mysticmidnight.net/zef...s/custom/archive/Debug/Debug-FormatSYSTEM.zip

4. Reboot into your custom recovery... I recommend Xionia http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-...covery-xionia-clockwork-cwma-v1-2518-4-a.html

5. Backup (nandroid) your current setup... always do this in Recovery

6. Still in recovery, prepare your phone to flash the new Rom. Wipe Cache, then under mounts, format boot, system, data, and cache. NOW FLASH THE Debug-FormatSYSTEM.zip. This just makes sure you formatted the system of all old data.

7. Now go back the main menu and choose "install zip from sdcard" and choose my latest KRAVEN Rom you downloaded.

8. Now flash the Google apps zip you downloaded via "install zip from sdcard" again.

9. Reboot your phone

10. Sign in and setup your phone.

11. Download Titanium backup from the market and restore apps, but not system apps.

So give them a try and list any bugs and success stories.

Thanks,
Jon

BATTERY LIFE TIPS

Use any of them without harm. I use the SetCPU profiles provided by KSmithInNY. 600 max/245 min

Kernels. Latests build 10-23 have BobZhome's IHO 3.4 kernel installed.

New BobZhome's IHO 3.3 kernel recompiled (3.4). Thanks to BobZhome and Mrg for the update. BobZhome_kernel33_gcc452.zip

Use the best ones that are optimized for CM7 gingerbread. Test each one that suits your needs. If keypad buttons are switched, grab the keypad fix in Hotfixes.
  • 1. GingerKernel v06.2 by drewwalton19216801. Be sure to turn off CM7 screen off and on animations prior to installing,With current builds the camera is white, Overall smooth transitions throught CM7, GPS locks fast,

• 2. Now included in latest builds Kernel IHO 3.3 by BobZhome. Includes correct keypad for Optimus S. Fixes gameplay graphics and OC capabilities. Has multi-touch patch included. Headset button fix. Ondemand, Smartass2, InteractiveX governors.
    Old versions IHO-kernelv3.1-sprint.zip and IHO-kernelv3a-sprint2.zip

• 4. GingerKernel Rel 1. Battery gets hot on calls and while charging. Fixes any gaming graphical errors and gameplay. Slow response from wake, but needs lower speed moved up from 122. Currently running and trying to tame this beast. .

• 5. GingerKernel Rel 3. Works fine with ZVD and CM7, Give it a few days to settle. Gaming works well with this kernel.

• 6. Picasticks v7 kernel. Seems to running fine. Game graphics work. Comes overclocked so you will need to bump it down and set to ondemand for better battery life.
THEMES

1. Search on the market for CM7 MDPI
2. List of themes that are made for CM7 and our MDPI resolution Themes for Optimus One - UPDATED WITH CM7 THEMES ! - xda-developers
3. I might port over some of my dialers and working on a Swype beta theme tutorial if i have time. So if you see anything you like, just ask. http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...-dialers-2-2-reborn-2-1-swype-metamorphs.html
4. Black Google Voice with green lettering -- blackgreengooglevoice4.2.32.apk See pic below.
6. Do it yourself at the UOT kitchen UOT Kitchen. Kitchen
7. Center clock mod via CM7 patcher will be added download rom section.
8. Bootanimations. Look for ones made for MDPI screens and push to /system/media with a File explorer with root.
Here is the CM7 one bootanimation.zip
R2D2 one: bootanimation.zip

9. Search for CM7 theme chooser on the market or on XDA
TMO THeme Chooser Themes works with the CM7 built in theme switcher
Honey Cream by rori~ https://market.android.com/details?id=com.tmobile.theme.Honeycream&feature=search_result

10. Circle battery theme chooser made on the UOT kitchen with Cyanbread themechooser file. UOTCyanCircle.battery.apk

PRL Updates

1. Reflash any of the Froyo Sprint based Roms and do a PRL update
2. Use QPST to manually update to the latest PRL. See here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/vi...4-prl-swap-v-vm-latest-prl-sprint-towers.html . You may have to flash to Xionia Redux kernel to use QPST while booted in CM7. Other wise try booting into recovery to make changes if using IHO-BobZhome's 3.1 kernel.

WIFI or 3G internet calling when your signal is bad or have to watch minutes.
OLDER BUILDS AND OLD FIXES
SEE in my Mediafile folder for old builds
Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire

OLD hotfixes and mods
1. Gps servers. THis gpsfix.zip file adds 2 more servers to gps.conf file. Should work for any ROM. The original file gets me locked in 30 seconds. This new one should help a tiny bit. http://forums.androidcentral.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15292&stc=1&d=1316654684

Donations always accepted. Donut fund.

A big Thanks to all below and whoever decides to give this Rom a try.

CyanogenMod Team
ath3nos for keeping CM7 alive
drewwalton19216801 best CM7 Rom and Kernal
Blarf for all the groundwork and debugging and the IHO crew
zefie
AOSP
JerryScript for his great tutorial on setting up Ubuntu and porting CM7
Nick7 for all the theme tutorials and all the work on Reborn Rom.

Last edited:

Nick7

Brick Master
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM][WIP] CM7 Port for Optimus S by thekraven 8-31-2011

Cool, the more devs on CM port the merrier. Keep it up!

fenderman

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site

Awesome something new! Going to charge then flash:) thanks! Then going to flash newer xonia kernal on top!!!

Buddlespit

Wannabe kewl
Jan 27, 2011
Visit site

Only problem I've found so far is with the CM7 settings FC'ing on me

DoesItMatter

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site

OK

Main bug on both Full and Barebones - Camera doesn't work.

I'm using the XioniaRedux 2.6.32.33-ck2 08312011 kernel.

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

OK thank you. The repo is down at the moment, so as soon as it's back, I'll work on it.

On3wheels

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][WIP] CM7 Port for Optimus S by thekraven 9-2-2011

how is it that tapatalk can download both the hotfixes threw tapatalk but not the roms?

any how...just started flashing the 92211 version(its from the future). if you need a name for it, ive always wanted to see ROMnNoodles

Last edited:

veeps15

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site

thekraven:

FM radio does not work.
I dont know if the problem is with the app or the ROM though.

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

FM never worked with our phones, it is part of Cm7, so it installs with each build. And can be removed in titanium backup. Thank you, I'll add a note about it.

Last edited:

cloroxx.l

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
how is it that tapatalk can download both the hotfixes threw tapatalk but not the roms?

any how...just started flashing the 92211 version(its from the future). if you need a name for it, ive always wanted to see ROMnNoodles

That's clever I live on ROMn =P

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk

FitChicago

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site

Regarding Tapatalk, I found by copying the link location in TapaTalk (or the native browser TapaTalk opens to) and opening the link in Skyfire or another browser that you can download the ROM on your device.