[ROM] CM7.2 Port for Optimus S by thekraven 3/9 zvd only

Jonnny4

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I have been on thekravens cm7 for a while with zvd to zvj patch no issues to report for me

Sent from my LS670

Thanks, It was suggested that I run this rom if I only want to use my phone as a Media device, not a phone. Do you think that was a good assessment?

Last edited:

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Yes it is. One feature I like about this rom is that you can turn on airplane mode to disable all radio functions, and wifi is still accessable. That is a huge battery saver if you are using your phone as a media/wifi only device.

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Should I revert back to stock completely? To remind you what I am running, I have ZVH, DannoRom and Hydro Kernel.

No need to revert for a WiFi only device. Simply full wipe (I would use the debug format all zip I have linked to in Dante ROM thread) flash ROM then gapps.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Jonnny4

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I had a stock ZVJ device. I used this thread to downgrade and this thread to root. I am now running DanteRom with HydroKernel. Any help or how to on how to get back to ZVD and install this would be great. Should I go back to the beginning with a fresh device? Does this include a kernel built into so all I have to do is downgrade to ZVD? I have rooted and done custom roms on other Android, as well as Windows Mobile and Windows Phone, devices but this one seems a little more difficult.

koeylondon

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
I had a stock ZVJ device. I used this thread to downgrade and this thread to root. I am now running DanteRom with HydroKernel. Any help or how to on how to get back to ZVD and install this would be great. Should I go back to the beginning with a fresh device? Does this include a kernel built into so all I have to do is downgrade to ZVD? I have rooted and done custom roms on other Android, as well as Windows Mobile and Windows Phone, devices but this one seems a little more difficult.

No need. Simply flash the rom, then flash the apropriate patch found here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...zvj-zvd-zvd-zvj-flashable-zips-optimus-s.html

No baseband magic required.

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM] CM7.2 Port for Optimus S by thekraven 12-22-2011 zvd on

Small kernel update. WIP to get the files needed to work with cm7.

• Based on ZVJ and Iscream sources. 2.6.35.7, thanks drew
  • Fast charge kernel, thanks jawz101 for the patch.
  • Fixed blackscreen wakeup issues when using Gingerkernel and Hydrokernels with CM7. Found the fix in the preparation of a possible cyanmobile release.
  • V2
  • Should be compatible with zvj roms and CM7 roms..
  • Only issue is video cam with this kernel

Steps to get the new kernel to work with cm7 roms only.

1. New kernel View attachment hk-gb-CAI-v2--kernel.zip
  2. Libraries needed for the zvj kernel to fix whitescreen camera Gingerkernelfix3.zip
  3. If the home and menu buttons are switched flash this with my CM7. http://forums.androidcentral.com/at...-thekraven-10-10-2011-keypadfixfor.xredux.zip
  4. To use the fastcharge kernel function via USB, grab the Enzomatrx app here http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...harging-now-jawz101-kernel-4.html#post2257090

To undo, just wipe cache and dirty flash the rom+gapps again.

Last edited:

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Awesome to see you still giving love to this rom. Honestly, I think your barebones version was my ultimate favorite rom on this device, and stayed longer on it than any other (heck throw the roms I have run on my ns4g in there and I think this is still true). Glad to see it get more attention.

williek113

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Are there speed improvements on this new kernel? And maybe this wasn't intended to work, but is the fact that apks from the sd card wont install fixed?

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

williek113

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
apk's from the sdcard always worked for me. Did you turn that option on in settings/applications/unknown sources?

Yes, its on, but in the installation, the phone just freezes up... its weird... sometimes it works, but most often it does not. It works when I've just downloaded something, but not when its been sitting on my sd card.

DoomMunky

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Grr, I'm having trouble. I'm installing the latest IHO build, but then can never log into the Market. The Gapps installers don't seem to flash correctly from inside recovery, so I can't sign in. I have only Market (old version, not Play) and Talk, and neither let me sign into my Google account. They just tell me my password is incorrect. How do I resolve this?

DoomMunky

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm using Cannibal's Open Touch. Does that make a difference? It installed Cold As Ice just fine.

I should clarify my earlier post: I said "The Gapps installers don't seem to flash correctly from inside recovery", but there are no errors for the flash process. COT seems to flash Gapps just fine. But once I start up the new ROM there's no Gmail and the Market won't let me log in.

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
are you getting 3G or wifi? There won't be any gmail as you download from the the market. There's also the chance that the old market may not be working anymore. Try the other gapps and try to sign in.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac