selling rooted device

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I found a potential buyer for my Optimus S and want to make sure there's no problem with this guy activating phone. I saw a thread recently that said cm7 ports may make it difficult to activate. I never downloaded a froyo rom but I can reflash Google apps. The guy said he knows about rooted phones. If need be can he take it to pc, download a froyo rom, copy it to root of sd and flash from recovery. Also is xionia recovery compatible with froyo roms?

the_maplebar

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
You are right, cm7 roms do not have the carrier functions needed to activate a phone. Xionia is the recommended recovery for all of the roms on this board. If you flash Reborn rom or one of the other LG based roms there should be no problem activating the device

Reactions: basketthis

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Oh he's not holding me liable regardless lol. He's aware device is rooted and he said he's familiar with recovery. I don't have a PC so he will have to flash rom and activate

Last edited:

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
So I can have this guy flash reborn and activate? And xionia recovery will be cool? By cool I mean no problems with xionia and reborn.

Prodeje79

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
So I can have this guy flash reborn and activate? And xionia recovery will be cool? By cool I mean no problems with xionia and reborn.

Did you see my thread? :)
http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...pare-phone-sprint-activation.html#post1224170

I have xionia_cwma_12518.6

I flashed reborn rom and then was able to get all of the activation and PRL updated!

1) Perform a FULL data/cache wipe (Wipe data, cache, and dalvik-cache)
2) Wipe (or format) /boot and /system from the "mounts and storage" menu in recovery mode.
3) Flash Reborn ROM using the "install zip from sdcard" option in recovery mode.
4) Reboot and try the ## commands sprint wants you to do.

We had to go in and manually change the MSID and the other number.
Once complete, I flashed back to CM7.
All good except need to figure out how to use Sprint VVM or perhaps go to google voice....

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Did you see my thread? :)
http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...pare-phone-sprint-activation.html#post1224170

I have xionia_cwma_12518.6

Thanks for your help bud. I been multitasking all day. Should've said that earlier

I flashed reborn rom and then was able to get all of the activation and PRL updated!

1) Perform a FULL data/cache wipe (Wipe data, cache, and dalvik-cache)
2) Wipe (or format) /boot and /system from the "mounts and storage" menu in recovery mode.
3) Flash Reborn ROM using the "install zip from sdcard" option in recovery mode.
4) Reboot and try the ## commands sprint wants you to do.

We had to go in and manually change the MSID and the other number.
Once complete, I flashed back to CM7.
All good except need to figure out how to use Sprint VVM or perhaps go to google voice....

Prodeje79

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site

Use the thanks button on my post, it will be my first! You should be all good over the phone, chat, or online activation. Not sure if sprint would notice a modded phone for in store activation.

Reactions: dizzle16

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze