Ok, so I'm an uber newb to this whole mod thing. Just downloaded GingerBreak v 1.20 and I think I did it successfully because I see the super user now.

Since its October, and December is right around the corner - My X-Mas Wishlist:

1) Be able to use my Optimus S as a hotspot.
    2) Have the phone look like the Cyanogen Mod. (lock screen)
    3) Increase speed and storage in general.

So, I've spent the last 4 hours looking around and I am seriously ******ed and have tried multiple mods and none have worked. What should I use? I dont even think I know how to install a mod in the first place. A lot of these developers are suggesting a ton of side apps in order to "backup" my phone in case I screw it up?

Any help would be SO great. Step by step newb instructions would be amazing as well, as on some of these past instructions just confused me like crazy...
    09-09-2011 02:00 AM
    Just follow the xionia custom recovery instructions. http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-...-new-post.html Then boot into recovery and flash either drew's cm7 or another one of your choice. To get more storage space is a little more complicated but the simple understanding is as follows: partition sdcard (I chose 1gb) then format it. Formatting it requires a command in adb. The command can be found in the original xda thread. Format to ext4 so you can use cache2sd which eliminates any market errors... Any other SD storage option will stop working after a certain amount of space being used. Trust me, just use cache2sd. Cache file: http://db.tt/u8I3UQu (only flash this file after partitioning and formatting the sdcard) once it's flashed, you will have all of your downloaded apps stored to the sdcard partition. If it seems a little confusing just follow the links I've given you and also search for the data2ext thread in this the roms, hacks section of this forum/thread... There's alot of discussion about the sdcard partition in there. Notice I didn't say answers. I said discussion. Because not everything in there will apply to you. I have given you you're answers. Just try to filter through that thread if you need a little more understanding. Let us know how it works out!
    09-09-2011 06:26 AM
    Start simple.

Add Xionia Custom Recovery and make a backup image of your phone.

Then give ReBORN ROM a try for frist timer. It is based on Sprint/LG source and all functions work including PRL/profile updates. CM7 is not Sprint based so you will not get preffered roaming list updates or be able to provision the phone.
    09-09-2011 07:45 AM
    Ok, so I messed myself up. Please see my other post:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-...d-new-rom.html

Please tell me I can recover somehow... I think I just ruined my phone.
    09-09-2011 09:54 AM
    Ok, so I messed myself up. Please see my other post:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-...d-new-rom.html

Please tell me I can recover somehow... I think I just ruined my phone.
    I am sorry You used Rom Manager and bricked your phone!
    09-09-2011 05:40 PM
    Sorry your having trouble with your phone and good luck! But just so you know, it's September and not October lol

Sent from my Optimus S 2.3.5 CM7 using Tapatalk
    09-09-2011 07:10 PM
    Sorry your having trouble with your phone and good luck! But just so you know, it's September and not October lol

He's all fixed up now. TeamViewer FTW!
    blackops1125 likes this.
    09-09-2011 07:28 PM
    Good job drew!

To clarify, it is still September. Lmao @ scottypeterson!
    09-09-2011 07:41 PM
    What's "ftw" mean? Jw lol

09-09-2011 08:07 PM
    For The Win!
    09-09-2011 08:15 PM
    But hey don't feel too bad about not knowing the month, yesterday my gf asked if it was 2012 yet lol. She doesn't know what month new year starts lol

09-09-2011 08:46 PM