Can't activate phone after flashing.

ColdRush

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I was using an older version of Drews CM7 and decided to switch to Reborn today. After installing reborn hands free activation fails everytime.

What's going on?

Solution:
Problem solved by dburg on #aospbot irc:
1) Dial *#*#4636#*#*
2) Go to phone information
3) Scroll down and change the network type to CDMA auto.
4) 3G should be back but not working (Didn't work for me on V8 stock rom)
5) Flash a new rom (Drews CM7 worked for me).

Last edited:

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I can't say what you did but I used Scott Pilgrim on my Optimus s, downloaded reborn Wednesday, cleared cache and data from recovery and flashed reborn. I actually sold my Optimus s TODAY because I got a EVO and had the lady call sprint and activate it from my kitchen and she did with no problems.

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
We are going to need some more info I think.

1. Before you installed Reborn, was your phone activated and had service?

2. Do you know what baseband version you had when you installed Scott Pilgrim? (V9, VC, or VD)

3. Do you have a recovery backup (nandroid) of your system, from before you installed any custom rom?

ColdRush

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
1. Before you installed Reborn, was your phone activated and had service?
Yes
2. Do you know what baseband version you had when you installed Scott Pilgrim? (V9, VC, or VD)
It is LS670MVD under baseband right now in settings.
3. Do you have a recovery backup (nandroid) of your system, from before you installed any custom rom?
Sadly I don't.

Last edited:

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
I would try rewiping everything, flash the debug zip that is floating around (I am on tapatalk so cannot link you to it), then reflash reborn.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Ok, here is the deal. I'm 99% sure you are not running baseband LS670MVD, I know that is what it says but that is what Reborn is built from so it displays that on any phone using it. You either have V9 or VC.

The handsfree activation prompt you are getting is a known issue for people in your scenario. What you need to do is download this backup of stock VC. Open the .rar file and place the folder "BCDRS-20110213-2033" in the "clockworkmod/backup" or "nandroid/mem=477M" folder on your sdcard.

Download and install the LG Updater to your pc.

Reboot to recovery and restore that backup then you can use the updater to get to VD. Then you can reflash Reborn according to the instructions on that thread.

ColdRush

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Alright I restored and the updater says V9, but it says its up to date already...

attachment.php

Last edited:

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Well thats strange. I would try again later, maybe something is funny with the updater.

Let me ask you this, when did you get the phone and have you ever applied any baseband updates?

ColdRush

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Well thats strange. I would try again later, maybe something is funny with the updater.

Let me ask you this, when did you get the phone and have you ever applied any baseband updates?

I've had it for over a year now, I believe I had vc and had to revert to 9 at one point.

ColdRush

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Well you haven't had it for a year because it came out in Nov 2010 but its all good. Not sure why the updater won't work for ya. I'm stumped there.

My mistake, I've had it basically since I registered here. It's old enough that it isnt a refurb.

I'm attempting an update on my laptop now to see if there is any change.

ColdRush

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
If anyone has any ideas, please share. I kind of need to have a working phone...

I've restored using V8,V9, and VC backups in an attempt to update on those with no luck.

ColdRush

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Problem solved by dburg on #aospbot irc:
1) Dial *#*#4636#*#*
2) Go to phone information
3) Scroll down and change the network type to CDMA auto.
4) 3G should be back but not working (Didn't work for me on V8 stock rom)
5) Flash a new rom (Drews CM7 worked for me).