[THEMES] Optimus s Gingerbread Themes

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
[INFO]As of January 2012, I will no longer be updating or maintaining this thread due to circumstances in my life outside of the Android world. My wife and I are expecting baby girl #2 here in March and well, there is quite a bit I need to do to get ready for our new arrival. Needless to say, there will be even less time to spend here once the little one arrives. I will still be around though, tinkering/modding here and there, with my Team Hydro peeps on other projects, but I'm throwing in the towel as far as owning/maintaining any work myself. Although this is a tough decision for me personally, the reasons behind it are joyous.

I would like to send a genuine Thank You to everyone who has used, supported and enjoyed the work and hopefully someday down the road I can return to owning/maintaining a few new threads.

All links will stay up and available for download and use so please continue to enjoy the themes/mods.

-Justin
[/INFO]

TeamHydro-theme-banner.jpg

[WARN]1. You must have baseband version ZVH (Gingerbread)
2. You must be rooted: See [How-To] Rooting LS670ZVH
3. You must have a custom recovery installed: See Xionia
4. Make a recovery backup before you flash anything PLEASE!!![/WARN]

[NOTE]
Let's start it off with the ones that started it all!! Enjoy!!

Current compatible roms are:

-- gROM
-- Opti-ROM

-- Your Mom ROM -- Please note that while these themes will work fine with this Rom, the power controls in the drop down screen will be removed. If you would like to revert back, just simply reflash the Rom.
[/NOTE]

[INFO]****UPDATE****

All themes (current and future) have been updated to disable the background process IQ Agent automatically. Read about it here.

Also I recommend everyone redownload and reflash any themes you are using currently as they will be better compatible with future custom ROM releases.
[/INFO]

reTouched-GB
9/16/11 -- Updated (fixed some image issues) Same reTouched theme that was originally created by myself for Reborn ROM.
snap20110916_011801.png
snap20110916_011536.png

BlueTouch-GB
9/16/11 -- Updated (fixed some image issues) I also fixed the file size of this theme. The first one I released was about twice the size it should have been. Oops!! :confused: Same BlueTouch theme that was originally created by myself and jondevere for Reborn ROM.
snap20110916_072011.png
snap20110916_071913.png

simpleG-GB-v2
9/18/11 Similar to the simpleG theme that was originally created by myself for Reborn ROM. Text color was changed to green and the lockscreen has a custom background.
snap20110918_224744.png
snap20110918_225203.png

simpleG-GB (Original)
9/19/11 This is the Original simpleG that was created by myself for Reborn ROM.
snap20110919_062913.png
snap20110919_062802.png

chillOut
9/20/11 This is the chillOut theme that was created by myself for Reborn ROM.
snap20110920_173404.png
snap20110920_173333.png
snap20110920_173559.png

sROM stock theme
9/22/11 This is the stock theme created by scrosler for sROM. I take no credit for this theme other than porting it over to Gingerbread.
snap20110921_234658.png
snap20110922_000825.png
snap20110921_234812.png

softTouch
9/23/11 This is the softTouch theme (enhanced a bit) created by myself and jondevere for Reborn ROM at the request of Jessicalt1.
snap20110922_235933.png
snap20110922_235826.png
snap20110922_235838.png

redRum
10/23/11 This is the redRum theme originally created by myself for Reborn ROM.
snap20111023_142559.png
snap20111023_142533.png

[INFO]Instructions:

1. Download "theme.zip" of your choice to the root of your sd-card.
2. Reboot into recovery.
3. Make a nandroid backup. (You may regret it if you don't)
4. Wipe cache and dalvik cache.
5. Flash "theme.zip"
6. Reboot and enjoy!!
[/INFO]

[INFO]****UPDATE****

All themes (current and future) have been updated to disable the background process IQ Agent automatically. Read about it here.

Also I recommend everyone redownload and reflash any themes you are using currently as they will be better compatible with future custom ROM releases.
[/INFO]

[NOTE]Credits and Thanks

Battery mod --- UOT kitchen
Thanks to ALL the mods and devs at Android Central for your hard work, help and support.
"Lloyd" (AC mascot) --- androidcentral.com
GingerKernal -- Thanks to drewwalton19216801
gROM -- Thanks to scrosler
Opti-ROM -- Thanks to Beezy, jondevere, and basketthis
[How-To] Rooting LS670ZVH -- Thanks to sfhub and drewwalton19216801

Thanks also goes to Deez2000 for providing the ZVH update.zip, and solodogg for testing and confirming sfhub's ideas for root method.

Special thanks to KSmithInNy, Nick7, jondevere, drewwalton19216801, and all the users here at Android Central who have supported and used our work.
[/NOTE]

Last edited:

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: [THEMES] Optimus s Gingerbread Themes (WIP)

Misc. Themed/Modded Apps
Apps
Google Quick Search -- (dark themed) ***Credit goes to edgarzonjr for the idea for this theme***
GoogleSearch-dark.jpg
GoogleSearch-dark2.jpg
GTalk -- (dark themed)
snap20110629_053903.png
snap20110629_054049.png
Stock Messaging App (mms) -- (dark themed)
snap20110920_221223.png
snap20110920_221350.png
Custom Dialers
Gray Lloyd
snap20110918_145405.png
[INFO]Instructions: 1. Download "file.zip" of your choice to the root of your sd-card. 2. Reboot into recovery. 3. Make a nandroid backup. (You may regret it if you don't) 4. Wipe cache and dalvik cache 5. Flash "file.zip" 6. Reboot and enjoy!! [/INFO]
Themed Apps
mms-dark-1.2.zip -- Stock messaging app with BLACK background mms-stock-GB.zip -- Stock messaging app with WHITE background GoogleSearch-dark3.zip GTalk-dark-GB.zip GTalk-stock-GB.zip -- Stock GTalk

Last edited:

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

Oh so nice! I will start testing them now!

Great job!

EDIT: WOW! Very nice!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: jstntp

dafluke24

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site

Just a quick note on the Retouched theme. I flashed it on gROM and was using the gps earlier this morning. I noticed the satellite icon was flashing and would change to the location icon (that little crosshair target icon) and back to the satellite icon again. It kept doing this non stop.

I never tested if this was the case with just gROM and no themese flashed, so can't say if it's a theme issue or not. It's not a big deal since it appears to lock on the GPS signal and I never lost connection.

Thanks for porting over the themes. I really like the chill out theme, so hopefully you'll port that over when you get a chance.

Reactions: jstntp

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Nice catch, that's hideous I'll have to fix that. And it will not affect gps function as it stands right now. I just need to fix some images.

ChillOut will be ported for sure. It is 1 of my favorites. This whole process is going to take me a few days, so just keep checking back for updates.

Reactions: Warlord721

skyspyder

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site

Awesome (and quick work) jstntp, now we just need Nick to port the power control mod. I'm patiently waiting for his rom.

olmos.lalo

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site

Misc. Themed/Modded Apps
Google Quick Search -- (dark) ***Credit goes to edgarzonjr for the idea for this theme***
GoogleSearch-dark.jpg
GoogleSearch-dark2.jpg
[INFO]Instructions: 1. Download "file.zip" of your choice to the root of your sd-card. 2. Reboot into recovery. 3. Make a nandroid backup. (You may regret it if you don't) 4. Wipe cache and dalvik cache 5. Flash "file.zip" 6. Reboot and enjoy!! [/INFO]
Themed Apps
mms-dark-1.2.zip -- Stock messaging app with BLACK background mms-stock-GB.zip -- Stock messaging app with WHITE background GoogleSearch-dark3.zip -- Dark themed [/B]
Oooo, can you upload that beautiful checkered wallpaper?:D

rod_munch

May 9, 2011
Visit site

is there a thread somewhere with a template for making these themes? i have some cool ideas.

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
is there a thread somewhere with a template for making these themes? i have some cool ideas.

Give Google a search, I'm sure there are some good tutorials on theming there.

Here is a quick rundown for ya.

Most theming for GB is found in two system files. framework-res.apk and SystemUi.apk. you can get those files right from the rom.zip. images you want to mod are in the drawable-mdpi folders. When your finished you can push the files back to your phone via command prompt using adb push commands. And then reboot.

Again take a look on Google for those commands.

Sorry I can't get you links right now, I'm on my phone ATM.

kingdavidbaker

Jan 7, 2011
www.kingdavidbaker.com

The dock bar in the blue touch theme is not blue. I don't know if it is supposed to be or not because i'm so used to using the custom theme you made for me lol.

Thanks again for all the hard work keepin' our phones lookin' sharp :)

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
The dock bar in the blue touch theme is not blue. I don't know if it is supposed to be or not because i'm so used to using the custom theme you made for me lol.

Thanks again for all the hard work keepin' our phones lookin' sharp :)

What I'm going to do this time around is make the launchers with themed docks a seperate zip file for download. That way there are more choices for you all to customize as you wish.

I just finished my custom dialer base file and hopefully later today I can get those ported over.

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

These themes look awesome!

jsntp, I have a special request...

Could you port my sROM base theme? People have been asking about sROM and I just don't see me being able to port it in the near future. I understand if you have other priorities but that would help me out tremendously! I am super super busy with my Evo 3D! Im sure you can imagine!

Oh and its only framework files. No apps.

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
These themes look awesome!

jsntp, I have a special request...

Could you port my sROM base theme? People have been asking about sROM and I just don't see me being able to port it in the near future. I understand if you have other priorities but that would help me out tremendously! I am super super busy with my Evo 3D! Im sure you can imagine!

Oh and its only framework files. No apps.

Ya not a problem, ill add it to the list.

Reactions: scrosler

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar