Absolutely new to androids so I might be missing something but I am trying to root my phone but I can't even get the device fully installed on my computer. I'm running windows xp, I have installed all the drivers from the lg site pertaining to the phone, I turned on debugging mode and plugged in the phone. Everything goes fine until it trys to install the ADB Interface, at which point my computer half-way locks up and nothing else happens. Even when I unplug the phone the computer stays locked up, but there is no issue with the phone's functionality. Please let me know if I'm missing something? I have installed the Android SDK, .net framework and the visual C++ library (or whatever was required in the gingersnap thread). Sorry if this sounds dumb, I just want to use my phone for it's full potential!
    09-17-2011 04:32 PM
    What do you mean by this: Everything goes fine until it trys to install the ADB Interface?
    If you have android sdk installed, that is the adb interface. So, I think you mean something different than what you said. Can you explain what you are doing when it locks up? Are you typing a command? Opening a program? Etc? What are you doing when you experience the issue?

Also, before trying anything else, make sure sdk is up to date by opening it and downloading the modules (updates)...
    09-17-2011 04:55 PM
    read the link in my signature on idiots guide
    09-17-2011 06:46 PM
    What he means is this ADB interface -->

Try removing and reinstalling the LG drivers. Restart your PC. Plug in the phone (on a diffferent USB port than before)
    09-17-2011 11:58 PM
    So this is long over due but the problem was I hadnt installed the platform tools yet. Quickly resolved and running roms great ever since!

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
    10-09-2011 11:19 AM
    Yep. You must update sdk to the folder to appear that will give you adb. Glad to hear it works.
    2fasteddie likes this.
    10-09-2011 11:27 AM