Revert back to ZVD from ZVH?

Treo_Robb

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I think I jumped on the bandwagon too soon by updating to ZVH. I'm just not digging it. My phone is laggy, the haptic feedback is less than it was before, and it just seems buggy overall...

I understand you can't simply restore a backup since the radio has been updated.

Not sure if this is a dumb question or not, but can someone explain how to revert my device back to ZVD so I can restore my backup and get back to where I was until GB progresses a little further?

Do I simply revert back to ZV9, then update to ZVD? Or is it more than that?

Many thanks in advance and I apologize if this is a dumb question! :)

Treo_Robb

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Thanks jcwxguy. Your guide worked like a charm and I am now back on ZVD. I can't believe how much of a difference it is after running ZVH for a couple of days! Sooo much snappier and more responsive.

I'm still not convinced that something didn't go wrong when I updated though (even though I ended up doing it a couple of times to be sure). Either that, or I'm just so used to an OC'd CPU that going back to "stock" was too slow for me to handle? I dunno.. Either way, I'll just wait til development of ZVH progresses like I said earlier...

Again, thanks everyone! You all rock as always! :)

jcwxguy

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Thanks jcwxguy. Your guide worked like a charm and I am now back on ZVD. I can't believe how much of a difference it is after running ZVH for a couple of days! Sooo much snappier and more responsive.

I'm still not convinced that something didn't go wrong when I updated though (even though I ended up doing it a couple of times to be sure). Either that, or I'm just so used to an OC'd CPU that going back to "stock" was too slow for me to handle? I dunno.. Either way, I'll just wait til development of ZVH progresses like I said earlier...

Again, thanks everyone! You all rock as always! :)
sfhub gets credit for the guide,zefie for the cab archive, but glad we could help! Enjoy your Optimus S

Treo_Robb

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Lol to me its confusing, but ill take a look at it tomorrow :) i was thinking the same thing thougj about going back to vd. Im tired though, so itll have to wait.

It's not too bad. Just follow ALL of the steps closely and you should be ok. I reverted my phone, restored my Xionia backup, and even updated to the latest Reborn ROM while I was at it and did it all in a matter of a couple of hours. Now my phone is fast, responsive, and I'm lovin it again! :)

liamstanley

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
It's not too bad. Just follow ALL of the steps closely and you should be ok. I reverted my phone, restored my Xionia backup, and even updated to the latest Reborn ROM while I was at it and did it all in a matter of a couple of hours. Now my phone is fast, responsive, and I'm lovin it again! :)

you should help me. i dont know were to even start :(

Treo_Robb

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
you should help me. i dont know were to even start :(

Sure. I can try! There are basically 4 things you need to do to get back to ZVD -

1. Restore the ZVD radio. Follow the steps in this guide precisely.
NOTE:Scroll down towards the bottom of the guide for ZVD specific information.

2. Root your phone again. I used Gingersnap to re-root mine.

3. Reinstall Xionia Custom Recovery.

4. Finally, reboot into recovery, format the phone and restore the backup you took before updating to ZVH.
If you didn't take a backup before upgrading, then shame on you! :)

Good luck!

Reactions: reltm

zymos

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Just to confirm, cause I'm new at this...

I just went from the OTA Gingerbread, and taking the long way through ZVD, now am at ZVH with gROM 1.1.

I want to go back to ZVD to see if it helps the issue I'm having- I keep loosing 3G (not just a poor connection, but the icon dissapears for hours at a time and never sticks around long enough to be usefull)

Anyhoo, to get back there, do I just need to revert back like I did in the first place, then optionally root and install a 2.2.X ROM?

Thanks for all the great instructions that got me this far, everybody!!

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I want to go back to ZVD to see if it helps the issue I'm having- I keep loosing 3G (not just a poor connection, but the icon dissapears for hours at a time and never sticks around long enough to be usefull)
You likely are having issues with your 3G login info. The first thing I would do in that case is an "Update Profile" from menu->settings->about phone

You can do the other stuff also, but it is probably overkill.

liamstanley

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Sure. I can try! There are basically 4 things you need to do to get back to ZVD -

4. Finally, reboot into recovery, format the phone and restore the backup you took before updating to ZVH.

Good luck!

ok lol im doing it now, and thanks for more input!

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Keep getting client error-please try again.

I'll keep trying- thanks for the help.
If you are getting client error, you should try the ##786# reset from the dialer. The update is confused and is trying to use your non-functioning data connection to do the profile update.

Only do this if you have stock recovery or Xionia recovery or you will brick. You'll need your MSL from Sprint. Call in and get transferred to tech support. Tell them your data isn't working and you were told to do a ##786# reset and now it asking for a code and you are stuck. They will give you 6 digit #, that is your MSL.

zymos

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Sadly I'm on Credo. Their support is even worse than Sprint's.
I actually did get the profile to update. After about 10 tries, I happened to notice that signal bars were green instead of white (WTF?), so I tried again and it updated.
Rebooted, and nothing has changed.

I'm also loosing voice service a few times a day, with an X over the bars and "searching for service". After reboot it picks up a signal.
I'll try asking Credo for the MSL as soon as I have a hour to spare...

Last edited:

liamstanley

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site

Good luck!

hmmm.. you know the new LCD thing. i have that... but. the weird thing is... i can see v9 recovery lol
after having probs with ZVH and wand wanting to go back, i had a super problem with lg tool. turns out adb was running on my computer, and after about 20 trys i looked and killed adb. that worked... got to a hundred percent..... and failed. tried again failed. but this time it went out of download/em mode, went to lg splash and sprint then boot loop at ANDROID. F*** pissed... lol so i went to recovery.... and i still had xionia??? so i just factory reset. booted up fine into android. then tryin to gain root with gingersnap, and everytime i tried my phone would reboot. i got PISSED! lol so i turned it of. took out then put back in bettery. turned it on then back off. did that three times. then i finally worked. so basically i had xionia with stock and no root lol then put my backup on my sd card. then that took a couple minutes. booted up just fine. I appreciate everyone on this forum! and im not blaming anybody lol my demon phone that can see v9 recov. is F***** UP!!! i dont understand. thanks for giving me a overview of this. or else i wouldnt have done it
*Thank Athens and everyone else!!!*

Now running RebornRom!!!
(With wifi Hot-Spot to mah PS3!!)

liamstanley

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I do have new lcd cuv ive been blind before with it and i know its v9. Got v9 from drews OSCC tools. Click v9 recov. And i know what v9 looks like. Its happened to other people before, i think. Well last time i checked might have automation tools, cuz i did something before after first blind walkthrough.. but idk its working now so idgas*** lol you know allot more im sure. Btw i used the same way to get v9 for zvh from the rooting zvh forum so i had to have v9 for that. Either v9 or xionia. and i knw the difference :p

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I do have new lcd cuv ive been blind before with it and i know its v9. Got v9 from drews OSCC tools. Click v9 recov. And i know what v9 looks like. Its happened to other people before, i think. Well last time i checked might have automation tools, cuz i did something before after first blind walkthrough.. but idk its working now so idgas*** lol you know allot more im sure. Btw i used the same way to get v9 for zvh from the rooting zvh forum so i had to have v9 for that. Either v9 or xionia. and i knw the difference :p
When I said you don't have V9 I didn't mean you couldn't tell the difference between V9 and Xionia. I meant you could have VD Recovery. Visually V9 and VD look the same. You can tell the difference if you run a md5sum on the /dev/mtd/mtd2 partition.

You clearly have the new LCD if you remember needing to do things blind. V9 recovery is incapable of displaying on the new LCD, it simply doesn't have the drivers compiled in. If your recovery is displaying on your LCD, what is the more logical explanation, V9 recovery magically can now display on the new
LCD even without the drivers, or you somehow lost V9 recovery and are actually using VD recovery?

BTW can you check if you have an /system/etc/install-recovery.sh file?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante