Difference between gRom and Opti-Rom?

xplode196

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Seems a little dumb to ask, but what are the major differences between the two ROMS? So far with a cursory reading I see a difference of included apps and themes. Is that it?

kingdavidbaker

Jan 7, 2011
www.kingdavidbaker.com
As you stated of course the apps included are slightly different but personally I couldn't care less what apps are included in a ROM because I can just go get them myself. The main differences between the ROMs are that optiROM includes drewwalton's gingerkernel and also comes with a blue theme by default. gROM is basically stock GB with the sprint junk removed and a few apps added.

On3wheels

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I've heard of problems with the zvh roms...are there any advantages over Drews or kravens cm7 (other than cm7 extras) like bat life, signal etc? Normally id just flash and Play, but with a radio upgrade involved its not a simple to revert of I dislike.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
I've heard of problems with the zvh roms...are there any advantages over Drews or kravens cm7 (other than cm7 extras) like bat life, signal etc? Normally id just flash and Play, but with a radio upgrade involved its not a simple to revert of I dislike.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk

It really depends. If you are using cm7 for its unique features, you will not get that on any ZVH Rom as of now. If you want "the latest and greatest" you can to ahead and upgrade. I was using my SD-ext partition on cm7 to store apps to that 1gb partition. That is one of the features that i missed the most and decided to integrate it into Opti-Rom. No more flashing zips, its just built-in. All ZVH roms are overclockable and the differences from there are small... It really boils down to what features you are looking for. Any Rom can be made to look how you want it or "themed" with a little work, but you want to have the base Rom that works for what you are trying to do. All in all making the upgrade to ZVH wasn't a bad experience for me and I never went back. Hope this helps in your decision! :)

Reactions: On3wheels

On3wheels

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
awesome...thats what i was looking for. the only CM7 feature i cant live without is the notification power widget...it is a necessity. is there an app or something that i can use to get the same function?

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
These are three widgets that I was able to come up with in a Google search:
(free) https://market.android.com/details?id=at.abraxas.powerwidget.free&hl=en
(free) https://market.android.com/details?id=net.bvirtual.widgets.pwrctrl
(paid) https://market.android.com/details?id=com.siriusapplications.eclairwidgets&hl=en
I think there's one that will go in the dropdown menu but I can't seem to find it...

Last time I suggested an alternative in my own thread people freaked on me! lol

Do you know how to incorporate the actual widget in the drop down? I know how but dont have the time. Its just sooooo much work for such little profit.If you want to team up on it let me kow because it would work the same on both our ROMS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781