No signal problem.

macmccune

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
So I have been running cm7.2 (Drews build), and I found out there is an official release for my phone. I loaded the nandroid backup of my stock rom, and pressed check for updates. It said there werent any updates. I think i may have accidentally denied the update, (several weeks ago) thinking it was referring to updating to drews build which was on the root of my sdcard still. (I had deleted it before checking for updates today) Today after it said there werent any updates, i downloaded it manually from the link on this thread: forums.androidcentral.com/lg-optimus-s-rooting-roms-hacks/119130-how-rooting-ls670zvh-temporary-instructions.html
I downloaded the update, and tried to flash it manually. Xionia gave me a digital signature error, so i chose toggle signature verification, and it installed sucessfully. The only problem is that it doesnt have signal. I also plan to load gmod, in case that helps. Thanks.
Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk

ccrs8

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
So I have been running cm7.2 (Drews build), and I found out there is an official release for my phone. I loaded the nandroid backup of my stock rom, and pressed check for updates. It said there werent any updates. I think i may have accidentally denied the update, (several weeks ago) thinking it was referring to updating to drews build which was on the root of my sdcard still. (I had deleted it before checking for updates today) Today after it said there werent any updates, i downloaded it manually from the link on this thread: forums.androidcentral.com/lg-optimus-s-rooting-roms-hacks/119130-how-rooting-ls670zvh-temporary-instructions.html
I downloaded the update, and tried to flash it manually. Xionia gave me a digital signature error, so i chose toggle signature verification, and it installed sucessfully. The only problem is that it doesnt have signal. I also plan to load gmod, in case that helps. Thanks.

You need to follow the full instructions found on the thread where you downloaded the official Gingerbread update.zip. That .zip file also includes a radio update, which can only be done using a stock recovery - Xionia can't do that. So what you've done is installed a ROM that requires a newer version of the radio than what you have installed, and hence the loss of signal.

The reason you didn't see the update when you tried to update the phone is because Sprint pulled the update do to some issues customers were having.

macmccune

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
You need to follow the full instructions found on the thread where you downloaded the official Gingerbread update.zip. That .zip file also includes a radio update, which can only be done using a stock recovery - Xionia can't do that. So what you've done is installed a ROM that requires a newer version of the radio than what you have installed, and hence the loss of signal.

The reason you didn't see the update when you tried to update the phone is because Sprint pulled the update do to some issues customers were having.

Thanks for replying, I was hoping i didnt have to go stock and reinstall a custom recovery. Is there anyway i can do this without a pc, i.e. using terminal emulator? In other words, can i reinstall stock recovery, flash the update, (will i remain rooted?) reinstall xionia, then flash gmod (if i feel i need to) all through my phone?

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for replying, I was hoping i didnt have to go stock and reinstall a custom recovery. Is there anyway i can do this without a pc, i.e. using terminal emulator? In other words, can i reinstall stock recovery, flash the update, (will i remain rooted?) reinstall xionia, then flash gmod (if i feel i need to) all through my phone?

you will need a computer

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
You can get stock recovery without a PC. What you can't do is get ZVH rooted without a computer running adb for 1 small step.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
If you really don't have any access to any computer (doesn't have to be windows) that can run adb, then your choices are stick with ZVD (and ZVD compatible ROMs) or go with unrooted ZVH.

macmccune

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
If you really don't have any access to any computer (doesn't have to be windows) that can run adb, then your choices are stick with ZVD (and ZVD compatible ROMs) or go with unrooted ZVH.
So even though im already rooted, is restoring the original recovery or updating to 2.3 that unroots me?
And if someone could link to the topic with the commands for reinstalling the original recovery via terminal, that'd be great.

jcwxguy

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
updating to 2.3 is what does

download this folder from your phone and extract to root of your sd card)
000root.zip

then
(from terminal emulator)
$ su (may not be needed if its already showing root access)
# cd /sdcard/000root
# /system/bin/sh install-v9.sh
# reboot recovery

IF YOUR SCREEN IS BLANK, DO NOT BE ALARMED! just means you have a new lcd screen

here is what your screen looks like, even if you cant see it

14857d1316106987-how-rooting-ls670zvh-recovery1.jpg

to upgrade to 2.3, make sure the update.zip in the root of your sd card,
press volume down once to get to appy sdcard update.zip
if you upgrade to 2.3 be warned you will loose your root

Last edited:
Reactions: mike9670

macmccune

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
updating to 2.3 is what does

download this folder from your phone and extract to root of your sd card)
000root.zip

then
(from terminal emulator)

IF YOUR SCREEN IS BLANK, DO NOT BE ALARMED! just means you have a new lcd screen

here is what your screen looks like, even if you cant see it

14857d1316106987-how-rooting-ls670zvh-recovery1.jpg

to upgrade to 2.3, make sure the update.zip in the root of your sd card,
press volume down once to get to appy sdcard update.zip
if you upgrade to 2.3 be warned you will loose your root
After superuser
It gives me a "cannot cd error" on the first line, and a cannot install error on the second... should I keep going? The 000root file is in the root of my sd...

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
Edit:
Error is:
cd: cant cd to /sdcard/000root

Second line:

/system/bin/sh: can't open install-v9.sh

I'm sure its something obvious lol. Thanks in advance

Last edited:

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
After superuser
It gives me a "cannot cd error" on the first line, and a cannot install error on the second... should I keep going? The 000root file is in the root of my sd...

Edit:
Error is:
cd: cant cd to /sdcard/000root

Second line:

/system/bin/sh: can't open install-v9.sh

I'm sure its something obvious lol. Thanks in advance
Did you extract the zip to the root of ad card?

Reactions: macmccune

macmccune

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Your scenario should already be covered in the Rooting ZVH sticky (first link in my signature) (Look for z4root or gingerbreak)

But I was under the impression Gingerbreak or z4root wouldnt work, and that i needed to use a pc?

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
But I was under the impression Gingerbreak or z4root wouldnt work, and that i needed to use a pc?

You need a PC for rooting ZVH PART. You're rooting ZVD at the moment.

sent from my CM7/Reborn w/ 1 Gb internal storage Optimus S

Always happy to help, hit that thanks button if I did

macmccune

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Ok, there seems to be misunderstanding. I was rooted, runnimg cm7. I updated via the v9 000root file linked above. Now I need a pc for the rooting of zvh?(at least until someone makes a one click root for it?)

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Ok, there seems to be misunderstanding. I was rooted, runnimg cm7. I updated via the v9 000root file linked above. Now I need a pc for the rooting of zvh?(at least until someone makes a one click root for it?)
Sorry, lost track of what you did with the multiple threads.

If you have V9 recovery then you are fine (but may need to do some things blind or through screencast)

If you need to do factory reset from recovery use these instructions

If you still have stock recovery then you can do the factory reset from within Android safely. (Xionia is ok too)