"failed to find currently installed su binary"

B00M

May 1, 2011
Visit site
So I noobed my phone with the OTA ZVH update. Everything seems to be working, but I am no longer rooted. Superuser says: binary outdated, tap to update. When it tries to find the currently installed binary path, it says "failed to find currently installed su binary" and "update cannot continue".

I haven't been able to find anyone using google with this exact problem (after OTA update). Hoping I won't have to revert and follow the rooting ZVH instructions.

Thanks

eletendre84

#sarcasm
Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
That's exactly what you have to do. Installing ota update deletes /su. From /system. Revert to zvd, flash v9 recovery, flash zvh update.zip, root with adb, flash custom recovery, flash Tom.

outlaw07

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
If no longer rooted the su will not work at all phone has to be rooted to get su so yes you will have to revert to get super user working

Jemille

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
That's exactly what you have to do. Installing ota update deletes /su. From /system. Revert to zvd, flash v9 recovery, flash zvh update.zip, root with adb, flash custom recovery, flash Tom.

I am not that savvy...... I am having the same problem.....can i please be told what to do to fix this step by step

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt