Voice Search Options

jjairal

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to have the voice search button ask what app you want to use with it. I believe i had seen this on a few roms a while back. it would ask if i want to use default or vlingo. seems like default no longer gives the right suggestions im on grom 2.2 now.

the_maplebar

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried installing vlingo? The app should register as an alternate command for the voice search button, this will give you the option to choose which app you want to use when you start a voice search.

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Never had that option on mine. Has to be a setting from the app itself. Good luck tho.

Maybe clear your cache and then reinstall the app.

Reboot and then see again if the commands are there. Otherwise it may just be a setting from within the app that you need to change. Good luck.

jjairal

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
well just realized that the button on the side is the voice dialer not search. Must have been a custon buttom mapping someone had done in a rom that had switched it. When you press and hold the actual search button on the front of the phone it prompts to which you want to use as default voice search. No real need to have the side button do it then :p. Thanks guys.