Data Usage

Jessicalt1

Lover of all things Andi
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Asking here since the phone is running Reborn and using hotspot widget... How much is excessive enough to catch Sprint's notice?

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Here is the thing. I have said it to many people and have said it on hangouts before as well. :p

IF you use it when you are roaming data or HACKED your PRL to run off of another carriers tower...

THEN you will stand out and be flagged if you go over. I have seen people get letters for anywhere between 5 - 10 gigs worth of data. Once again this is ONLY when roaming or hacking your PRL.

IF you use this on your regular sprint service AND you are not in roaming, then you should be fine to use as much as you want. I have personally used around 20 gigs a few months. Never recieved a letter. I would say to be safe try and not use more than 10 to 15 gigs a month. Less if you can but really I never had any problems. :cool:

Reactions: Jessicalt1

Jessicalt1

Lover of all things Andi
May 17, 2010
Visit site
That's what I said. Now another random though, if Sprint DID notice and question, couldn't it also be that high if she watched Netflix on her handset?

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
hahaha, how about 39.73 for three months running? *not my phone, a friend's*
Again as long as your not roaming your good. UNLIMITED data means UNLIMITED data (if you have that plan)

sent from my CM7/Reborn w/ 1 Gb internal storage Optimus S

Always happy to help, hit that thanks button if I did

Jessicalt1

Lover of all things Andi
May 17, 2010
Visit site
That's what I'm hoping b/c holy hotspot that's a lot. I didn't even use a full 2gb of data and I'm the power user of the bunch. lol

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Wowsers, that's a lot! I might suggest trying the User Agent Switcher extension on the computer's Firefox install and setting it to iPhone 3G or other mobile device; cuts down on data transfer and makes the 3G connection more usable, too.