"LG Home" process or app...what is this?

DoomMunky

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm a TOTAL NEWB, so please forgive my question, but please answer as clearly as possible.

I just installed the Reborn ROM and have been liking it. I'm still poking around, figuring out how to make everything as sexy as possible.

So I'm looking at Android Assistant, a handy system app, and I'm using the Battery Tool, which tells you what's been using the battery. Something called LG Home has been taking up nearly 10% of my battery, much more than the next closest thing. Is it the Android system? I tried freezing it with Titanium Backup and had to reflash my Clockwork Backup to get my phone working again.

Why is LG Home taking up so much battery? Cuz it's the operating system? :)

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm a TOTAL NEWB, so please forgive my question, but please answer as clearly as possible.

I just installed the Reborn ROM and have been liking it. I'm still poking around, figuring out how to make everything as sexy as possible.

So I'm looking at Android Assistant, a handy system app, and I'm using the Battery Tool, which tells you what's been using the battery. Something called LG Home has been taking up nearly 10% of my battery, much more than the next closest thing. Is it the Android system? I tried freezing it with Titanium Backup and had to reflash my Clockwork Backup to get my phone working again.

Why is LG Home taking up so much battery? Cuz it's the operating system? :)

LG Home is the Launcher replacement used in the ROM. As far as battery drain I am not sure. I will have to defer that to someone else. It does seem excessive but I dont know that for a fact.

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Maybe try wiping your battery stats in recovery. And or removing your supposed battery aiding apps. None of those apps really do anything but drain more power running in the background.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Maybe try wiping your battery stats in recovery. And or removing your supposed battery aiding apps. None of those apps really do anything but drain more power running in the background.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

DO NOT wipe battery stats unless your device is fully charged.

Also yes, a lot of those supposed "battery saver" apps are useless battery hogs themselves. I suggest removing them.

It actually makes sense that LG Home contributes to 10% or the total battery drain. It is the home Launcher and is the app that is by far used the most.

Reactions: pergerson6

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Unless you install a replacement launcher (e.g. GO Launcher EX or ADW), you will need to leave this app and its respective service accessible to Android. If you install a replacement, you can feel free to uninstall, isolate, quarantine, or move the LG Home as you please.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Emoney86