HOW TO update to ZVH Easy way

lilparker93

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
OK so i was doing a little digging around and found this wonderful app on Sdx-developers called flash-image gui i downloaded the zvh recovery package and used flash image to flash it i then downloaded the update.zip and put it on the root of my sd card and went into recovery which was stock now and used it and low and behold i have zvh i take no credit for the apps and zip i just figured id share with u guys :D

lilparker93

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
OK so i was doing a little digging around and found this wonderful app on Sdx-developers called flash-image gui i downloaded the zvh ii package and used flash image to flash it i then downloaded the update.zip and put it on the root of my sd card and went into recovery which was stock now and used it and low and behold i have zvh i take no credit for the apps and zip i just figured id share with u guys :D

If anyone can reword that as instructions would be great thanks

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Edit: My bad this only works for the ZVD update, not the ZVH update. I removed the suggestion.

Last edited:
Reactions: pilot03
Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
If all you want is stock unrooted zvh and you currently have stock recovery, just flash the ZVH update.zip.

If all you want is stock unrooted zvh and have xionia recovery, just flash the ZVH update.zip twice.

Wait that's all you have to do? I was about to ask, but never get on enough to remember to ask. Still so flashing the ZVH update.zip twice, will that install the ZVH radio well keeping xionia recovery?

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Wait that's all you have to do? I was about to ask, but never get on enough to remember to ask. Still so flashing the ZVH update.zip twice, will that install the ZVH radio well keeping xionia recovery?
Sorry, I wrote it up wrong. Installing ZVD update twice will work this way (end up with ZVD radio and stock recovery), but not the ZVH update. My bad.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, I wrote it up wrong. Installing ZVD update twice will work this way, but not the ZVH update. My bad.

Oh, so say if I download the ZVH update file and flash it with xionia recovery, what would that do? Would I still have the ZVH radio as well as xionia recovery and be able to use a ROM like gROM? Or should I just do what this guy suggested and re-root and reinstall xionia recovery?

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Oh, so say if I download the ZVH update file and flash it with xionia recovery, what would that do? Would I still have the ZVH radio as well as xionia recovery and be able to use a ROM like gROM? Or should I just do what this guy suggested and re-root and reinstall xionia recovery?
First it won't flash by default in Xionia. You'll need to turn of signature verification.

Then if you flash it, you'll have ZVH rom, but your existing radio, which, unless it was already ZVH, means your data won't work.

If what you want to end up with is a rooted ZVH or run one of the custom ZVH-based ROMs, your best bet is to just follow the ZVH rooting thread. The steps to flash a recovery have basically been reduced to running a script that does all the work for you and the files there have been arranged in the right order to accomplish a specific task, landing you with a rooted ZVH, with Xionia recovery.

Basically what it reduces down to is whether you think it is easier to

1) download an app that gives you a GUI interface to flash a recovery
or
2) type "/system/bin/sh install-vh.sh" or "/system/bin/sh install-xionia.sh" in adb shell

Given you have debugged detailed instructions with screenshots and pre-arranged download files to do #2, IMO that is far less effort, but maybe I'm biased :)

Also you have to keep in mind, the flash_image gui will work to get your stock recovery back on so you can flash ZVH and the radio, but it won't work to flash xionia once you have ZVH, *until* you first go back to the rooting thread and do the steps there.

Last edited:
Reactions: A Gay Little Catboy

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay