Just rooted for first time. Don't know what to do next.

ryanbaldwin90

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
I degraded my Optimus S to LS670ZVD, then used gingersnap, and I have the superuser app installed. I don't really know what to do next. gROM is appealing to me, but being a completely new to rooting,etc, I am unsure of what to do next. Thank you in advance.

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
I degraded my Optimus S to LS670ZVD, then used gingersnap, and I have the superuser app installed. I don't really know what to do next. gROM is appealing to me, but being a completely new to rooting,etc, I am unsure of what to do next. Thank you in advance.

The next big step is to install xionia custom recovery. That is needed to install a custom rom. GRom is a zvh based rom, so to use it you would needed to follow the zvh rooting thread located in the stickys of the rooting and roms section. If you liked the gingerbread-ness of the zvh, thekravens cyanogenmod 7 based rom is an excellent way to get gingerbread but remain on the zvd baseband.

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
The kravens cm7 is an excellent rom for zvd. I'm using it and its the way to go with zvd.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
ADB is part of the Android SDK kit for android development. Someone else can tell you how to set that all up, I know there is an easier way then I did it, as I did it the old hard way to apply it.

Edit: As I understand it, as you used Gingersnap to root, it installed the needed ADB files

Last edited:

ztag100

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
My power is out, and I'm typing this on my Galaxy Tab, so don't flame me for my several gramatical and spelling errors.
It all depends on how deep you want to go. Since you mentioned gROM, I assume that is what you want. So first, you need to setup xiona (a custom recovery, this allows you to install ROMs, Themes, and patches) Once you get that set up, follow the stickied post to root ZVH. once you complete that proccess, flash gROM, (optional) Install one of the great themes (preferably mine ;D)

tlrsax54

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
My power is out, and I'm typing this on my Galaxy Tab, so don't flame me for my several gramatical and spelling errors.
It all depends on how deep you want to go. Since you mentioned gROM, I assume that is what you want. So first, you need to setup xiona (a custom recovery, this allows you to install ROMs, Themes, and patches) Once you get that set up, follow the stickied post to root ZVH. once you complete that proccess, flash gROM, (optional) Install one of the great themes (preferably mine ;D)

He downgraded to ZVD....he would have to re-update to ZVH to gROM. Right now you would have to choose between ZVD roms like Reborn or CM7.

mike9670

DROID Master
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I reccomend ReBORN ROM if you want to stay on ZVD and have a stable Froyo ROM that works really really great,

gROM is ZVH and is very very good as well, but still has some Sprint bugs in it. The developer is top notch and is still under development.

ztag100

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
He downgraded to ZVD....he would have to re-update to ZVH to gROM. Right now you would have to choose between ZVD roms like Reborn or CM7.
I know, I mentioned him needing to update to ZVH. If he does choose to stick with ZVD, then he has two main options.
ReBorn: Stable and Froyo
CM7: kinda stable and Gingerbread

If you really want to tweak, then go ahead and use CM7. But If you want a phone that works, use Reborn