[How-To] Rooting LS670ZVD/ZVH (100% automated) + ZVJ (automated)

Akido

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Re: [How-To] Rooting LS670ZVD/ZVH (100% automated, no revert need

ive done everything in your op sf, and its basically telling me that the zergrush file or directory doesnt exist. the install-root.sh /system/bin/flash_image: no such file or directory. same for the superuser.apk. su, and busybox.

PLZ HELP!:'(

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

ive done everything in your op sf, and its basically telling me that the zergrush file or directory doesnt exist. the install-root.sh /system/bin/flash_image: no such file or directory. same for the superuser.apk. su, and busybox.

PLZ HELP!:'(

Are you using the -sfx.exe or the .zip version? If the latter, did you unpack all the files?

Also did you make sure a virus checker isn't interfering with your download and quarantining the zergrush exploit? Some virus checkers consider it malware. I guarantee it can do no harm on Intel/Windows because it is an ARM binary and can't run on PCs. Depending on your point of view, it is technically malware because it is "rooting" your phone.

If you use Option F to enable scroll buffers on the main menu, you'll be able to see the entire log.

Akido

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site

I used the -sfx.exe file (due to an annotation saying to stay away from the older zip file unless instructed). Ended up doing it on a friends laptop, but the only job ification his virus protector gave me was that there wasnt a whole lot of files that were downloaded from the link (optiauto-sfx.exe). The file downloaded succsesfully (at least to the best of my knowledge anyway). As soon as i can, ill get on my friends laptop, enable Option F, and post more detailed results. Im thining that it might be my phone, because i downloaded the official Sprint revert file (upgrade.zip) to my sd card as instructed, and tried to revert back to 2.2 froyo to se if i could get either z4root, or gingerbreak, to work... when i got to the debug menu, i tried to install the "update.zip" and it told me almost the same thing (no such file or directory).

EDIT: as far as the virus checker quaranteeing/stopping the download for the zergrush exploit, it gave me no indication alluding to it.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

I used the -sfx.exe file (due to an annotation saying to stay away from the older zip file unless instructed). Ended up doing it on a friends laptop, but the only job ification his virus protector gave me was that there wasnt a whole lot of files that were downloaded from the link (optiauto-sfx.exe). The file downloaded succsesfully (at least to the best of my knowledge anyway). As soon as i can, ill get on my friends laptop, enable Option F, and post more detailed results. Im thining that it might be my phone, because i downloaded the official Sprint revert file (upgrade.zip) to my sd card as instructed, and tried to revert back to 2.2 froyo to se if i could get either z4root, or gingerbreak, to work... when i got to the debug menu, i tried to install the "update.zip" and it told me almost the same thing (no such file or directory).
The annotation was about the "previous" version rather than the zip file in general. The previous version is there in case I messed something up with an update and somebody needs to try the older version.

The -sfx.exe version means you didn't need to unpack any files manually, which means the probable issue is zergrush got quarantined.

Akido

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site

I didnt unzip the -sfx.exe file, i just ran it IMMEDIATLY after it finished downloading.

EDIT: im replying while on break at work lol

Last edited:

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

I didnt unzip the -sfx.exe file, i just ran it IMMEDIATLY after it finished downloading.

EDIT: im replying while on break at work lol
I know you didn't. What I was saying is, earlier, I gave you two possibilities, but one of the possibilities was eliminated because you were using the -sfx.exe so we are left with the possibility zergrush got quarantined.

It might get quarantined on download or upon execution. You probably need to disable virus checking even when you run it.

BigKenW

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: [How-To] Rooting LS670ZVD/ZVH (100% automated) + ZVJ (automat

Thanks man! Great job. It worked the first time with no problems.

tcleg

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Direct Root for ZVJ?

I've already installed ZVJ with the push update by Sprint (OTA).

I was wondering if we could ever see a direct root method for ZVJ soon. I know it's extremely similar to ZVH. So, would the rooting processes be the same as well?

This new update is a tad slower than ZVD. I've noticed that scrolling is not quite as fluid with ZVJ and would like to root and overclock to around 750 MHz so it'll be a little more enjoyable.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

Even though they appear similar, existing root exploits were plugged in ZVJ.

New root exploits can be anywhere from tomorrow to never.

On the scrolling, give it a day. Sometimes after an upgrade it runs a little slower due to maintenance work.

DracoRiddler

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site

Im confused.... I currently have ZVH Rooted, does this get me zvj? I tried it and still had zvh.
Help?

DracoRiddler

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site

ok.... I dont see how or where I can upgrade to zvj

is zvj even an upgrade from zvh?

Last edited:

czifro

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site

go here --- http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...9-how-automated-rooting-ls670zvd-zvh-zvj.html --- so if your running rooted zvd/zvh choose option B. it will install zvj rec, zvj update, root, and xionia rec in that order. if you already have the zvj update from sprint you'll need to downgrade to zvd and run option A of the same automated system. downgrade link --- http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...sprint-zvd-froyo-downgrade-now-available.html --- must be rooted to run option B.

DoesItMatter

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site

Instructions were easy to follow and very helpful.

Only advice I would give others is this.

I was running CM7 by thekraven on ZVD

The scripts were failing and it wasn't working properly.

I flashed back to the Gingerbreaked ZVD rom and then re-ran the scripts and everything worked fine.

So if you are still on ZVD - flash back to the Gingerbreaked ZVD to make everything go smoothly.

penajosejr

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site

I've been trying to get all the pre-requisites to get the rooting process started but for some reason, I can't get the phone to be recognized by my computer. I already installed the drivers and still nothing. Any suggestions?

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

I've been trying to get all the pre-requisites to get the rooting process started but for some reason, I can't get the phone to be recognized by my computer. I already installed the drivers and still nothing. Any suggestions?
Check if USB debugging is enabled. Try a different usb cable. Try a different PC and/or USB port.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

Instructions were easy to follow and very helpful.

Only advice I would give others is this.

I was running CM7 by thekraven on ZVD

The scripts were failing and it wasn't working properly.

I flashed back to the Gingerbreaked ZVD rom and then re-ran the scripts and everything worked fine.

So if you are still on ZVD - flash back to the Gingerbreaked ZVD to make everything go smoothly.
If you remember the errors, I can try to see if they can be fixed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11