[how-to] cm7 phone wont charge/boot fix

michael6a2

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
im not responsible for any damage/injury to yourself or your device..

Im kind of new to this whole "technology" thing so pardon my terminology.. So.. Yesterday i flashed the cm7.1 port rom to my device. everything was going fine untill a few minutes ago when my phone died. I plugged it into the charger. The hard keys lit up, lcd came on, the phone started to boot, then it shut off.. It continued to try to turn itself on, each time with the lcd staying on less and less. then, only the hard keys would flash. i tried different chargers, replacing the battery, nothing.. the battery was so drained, without the charger plugged in the hard keys wouldn?t even power on.. i saw someone else experiancing the same problem in the forum, so i decided to ATTEMPT to make some sort of "tutorial"if you will on how to get your phone to boot when experiancing this problem

so.. here we go!

so the problem is, the phone is trying to boot, but the battery is so low, it just shuts off.
To boot the phone:

***if you have another phone of the same type or one that takes the same battery, charge it for a few minutes in that phone, then replace battery and charge as normal. done!***

if you dont, well, its a little hassle but it shouldnt take longer than it did to read this post and at the end your phone will be working just fine

unplugged the charger
cut the chargers cable (sorry..better then no phone)
attached the wires according to the battery (+ to + and - to -)
then i wait about 30 seconds.
put the battery back in the phone,
twist the wires on the charger back together accordingly,
plug the phone into the charger then the charger to the wall,

and now it boots up just fine. my phone is now charging, but it did stay at 1% for a abnormal amount of time (15 minutes or so..) YAY! heart attack over! please let me know if this helps!!!

Last edited:

vaderyeh

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
im not responsible for any damage/injury to yourself or your device..

You could just go to recovery and let it charge for 30 minutes. After that let it reboot. Also turn off all data, GPS, and radio to lower power drain.

Im kind of new to this whole "technology" thing so pardon my terminology.. So.. Yesterday i flashed the cm7.1 port rom to my device. everything was going fine untill a few minutes ago when my phone died. I plugged it into the charger. The hard keys lit up, lcd came on, the phone started to boot, then it shut off.. It continued to try to turn itself on, each time with the lcd staying on less and less. then, only the hard keys would flash. i tried different chargers, replacing the battery, nothing.. the battery was so drained, without the charger plugged in the hard keys wouldn?t even power on.. i saw someone else experiancing the same problem in the forum, so i decided to ATTEMPT to make some sort of "tutorial"if you will on how to get your phone to boot when experiancing this problem

so.. here we go!

Im sure most of us know that this phone doesnt work without a battery.. so the problem is, the phone is trying to boot, but the battery is so low, it just shuts off. on a stock phone, there is a safe guard for this, if the battery is too low, it wont try to boot, instead it will charge the battery till theres enough juice to boot. in the CM7.1 rom (as well as many other roms) this was removed. so once the battery was drained, there was no way to charge it because the phone keeps trying to boot, instead of charge.

To boot the phone:

***if you have another phone of the same type or one that takes the same battery, charge it for a few minutes in that phone, then replace battery and charge as normal. done!***

if you dont, well, its a little hassle but it shouldnt take longer than it did to read this post and at the end your phone will be working just fine

unplugged the charger
cut the chargers cable (sorry..better then no phone)
attached the wires according to the battery (+ to + and - to -)
then i wait about 30 seconds.
put the battery back in the phone,
twist the wires on the charger back together accordingly,
plug the phone into the charger then the charger to the wall,

and now it boots up just fine. my phone is now charging, but it did stay at 1% for a abnormal amount of time (15 minutes or so..) YAY! heart attack over! please let me know if this helps!!!

vaderyeh

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: [HOW TO] CM7.1 Port by thekraven PHONE WONT CHARGE/BOOT FIX!!

You could power into recovery manually from the LG splash screen and let it charge for 30 minutes. Than reboot and turn the radio, GPS, and data transmission off for the remainder of the charge.

michael6a2

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site

my phone (as well as others) wouldnt even boot to the splash screen therefor no way to enter recovery

vaderyeh

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

When you turn your phone on are you holding the power, volume down, and home button at the same time then release at the splash. Or it won't even make it there.

eletendre84

#sarcasm
Jul 15, 2011
Visit site

this is a known bug of CM7. Phone will not charge while off. And, if you let the phone die completely, it will go into continuous reboots until the phone gains enough charge to turn back on. It will not loop endlessly as far as I know, but it does take a while. The real fix to this is to not let it die completely. LG's init.d file is proprietary and as long as you are running a rom NOT build on LG Source, this will be a bug.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae