sh-3.2#??

Status
Not open for further replies.

xiamterencex

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
First off, I wanna introduce myself as this is my first post. My name is Terence, and I've been lurking these boards for about a week now with my new Optimus S. Love it <3. Let me first start off by saying that I have experience in rooting Android phones, and my Optimus itself is rooted. I'm on the VD baseband, but I figured since I'm bored enough I'll just upgrade up to ZVH and root that and stuff.

I HATE the USB drivers for this phone, as I'm not sure if they're installed properly. I've installed them on 3 different computers, yet each time I plug my phone in, I don't get the USB Debugging notification at the top. Odd. I keep installing different drivers, yet it still never pops up. So I take a chance, and ADB into my phone.... and instead of getting the normal $ (I think that's what you get when you adb?), I get "sh-3.2#". Even after typing in su, it still goes to sh-3.2#. However, I type in reboot, my phone reboots. I type in reboot recovery, goes to recovery..... Very, very odd.

So I don't know? Where did this whole sh-3.2# come from? I'd like to update my phone and such, but that whole thing is bugging me just a bit, and Google has failed me. Almost nothing useful popped up about that when I tried researching it. Help me please? :( I just wanna reach out to the community here and try to find out what this means before I continue any further and do irreversible damage to my phone. Thanks a lot in advance.

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
you already have root permissions. That is what I get as well..

$ is not running as a root user.

# is a root user access...

xiamterencex

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Thank you! It was just weird because I've never seen that uhhh... [insertproperterminologyhere] before, even when already rooted on my other devices. Thank you. You can close this. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.