zvh update, now i cant charge VIA car charger

them0dster

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
ok i did the gingerbread update (ZVH) and have a custom rom, (grom) but.. i cant charge phone VIA car charger ... anyone know a fix for this or do i have to revert back to ZVD?? i can only charge via pc using a comp that has pdanet on it.. SOMEONE PLEASEEEE HELP@!

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Zvh has known issues with charging in general. Try some different cables/chargers if you can otherwise, I would revert back and see if the issues persist.

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Then I would seriously try another cable. I had a car charger myself that went bad without notice, bought an overpriced new one (because I absolutely had too :\ ) and it worked. This is with GB also.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
They changed the charger amperage range in ZVH. It is a problem for some car and wall chargers. Either try a different charger or revert to ZVD.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Sfhub, do you think those changes are done in the kernel?
On other platforms control of the charging currents was in the power controller driver. That is where I would look for such a change. I haven't looked at the Optimus S kernel source so I don't know if what they provided is sufficient to examine this area.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
On other platforms control of the charging currents was in the power controller driver. That is where I would look for such a change. I haven't looked at the Optimus S kernel source so I don't know if what they provided is sufficient to examine this area.

Well then I'm going to have to take a long hard look at that then. If I can figure out where it is in both ZVH and ZVD kernels then I should be able to get a lot of chargers to work that currently don't.

Edit: Unless LG did something screwy like place that setting in the radio. Wouldn't be surprised.

bkn

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
just wanted to report my experience. I just had the same problem in my car, a 2000 subaru, with a griffin charger, and my phone would not charge. However in my other car, a '08 ford, and same equipment (physically different, but same kind of cable and charger), it charged just fine.

daface

May 3, 2011
Visit site
In case anyone's hunting for a charger that works, I can report that (at least for my setup) none of the following work:

From Wal-Mart:
Rocketfish Micro USB Vehicle Charger

Hopefully this helps someone hunting for one that will do the trick.

Reactions: basketthis

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae